I stayed at the Renaissance Hotel for a couple of days. It's a nice and modern hotel. I stayed in a deluxe room, which was average sized (I think the starting category has much smaller rooms), with a nice (if somewhat far) view of the Bosphorus.
I also tried the rooftop restaurant, where the food was decent. And breakfast is not bad.
A couple of issues result in the 4 star rating:
- Staff are somewhat aloof and not very reactive. I don't know if it's due to their English skills (which at times was lacking), or whether they could benefit from a bit more training.
- The location of the hotel is in the business district of the city (Besiktas), and so is quite far from the touristic parts of Istanbul. Bear that in mind if you're here for tourism only (traffic is a nightmare in the city!).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are delighted to welcome you here at stylish Renaissance Polat Istanbul Bosphorus Hotel. Discover international excellence blended with local passion.''No matter where or why you travel, there's always something wonderfully new to be found.'' Is the integrated philosophy of Renaissance Istanbul Polat Bosphorus Hotel. Offering stunning views over the Bosphorus, the magnificent towering Renaissance Istanbul Polat Bosphorus Hotel is reflecting the modern life style norms with its architectural design. The hotel is located on the European side of Istanbul, in Besiktas, midway between the areas of Taksim and Levent, and in a walking distance to key shopping malls and Bosphorus' main boat harbor. This luxury newest addition to Istanbul hotels is designed to meet most demanding requirements of today's modern traveler, whether the trip is for business or holiday in Istanbul, Turkey. Renaissance Istanbul Polat Bosphorus Hotel offers you a comfortable accommodation with its 213 rooms accompanied by a breathtaking Bosphorus view. You can organize your successful and unforgettable events with the hotel's 11 meeting rooms which are mostly daylighted and a unique Ballroom.You can enjoy extensive food and beverage alternatives of our hotel such as Arts Restaurant with its modern cuisine and stunning design, Bar 212 where international excellence meets local passion accompanied by spectacular Bosphorus view and Living Room&Terrace with its pop in atmosphere and smells of coffee. Both fitness and spa are together at R Fitness & Spa. You can refresh your body as well as your soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz and HotelQuickly so you can book your Renaissance Istanbul Polat Bosphorus Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.