“Excellent hotel - Excellent staff”

Renaissance Istanbul Polat Bosphorus Hotel
Ranked #136 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Have spent about 15 nights at this hotel in the last 2 months and I have to say that I love it. The staff is fantastic and each and every time they have gone the "extra mile" to help me out. The rooms are not the biggest but have a good layout and are very comfortable. Perfect for the business traveler as you do not need to search for plugs!
The location is also very good! Very close to the metro, close to Beshiktas and Kabatas, ideal if you do not want to stay in the city center but really close by.
Nice breakfast and I like the fact that they serve different things everyday.
The bar on the top floor has an amazing view and it is worth having a drink!
Overall one of the best hotels in Istanbul and really perfect for the business traveler!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Renaissance Ist... B, General Manager at Renaissance Istanbul Polat Bosphorus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Renaissance Istanbul Bosphorus Hotel.

It is great to receive such positive comments which motivate us to go above and beyond. Our highest priority is to provide our guest a memorable stay.

We would like to welcoming you back to discover our new amenities and services in the near future.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Spent 5 days here for a conference and loved it. Rooms are not huge (it is Istanbul after all), but are clean, modern, and well appointed. VERY comfortable bed. Incredible views of Bosphorus and the bridge from the rooftop bar, and good views of Sultanahmet from other side of the roof.
AMAZING Turkish breakfast spread with all manner of choices from savory to sweet, including a giant honeycomb! Language can be a bit of an issue with some staff members, but we muddled through. Really nice spa as well, for a fabulous massage.
not the most interesting part of town, but not too far from the popular Ortakoy district.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Renaissance Istanbul Bosphorus Hotel. We are delighted to read that the Hotel amenities, especially our breakfast service and roof bar exceeded your expectations.

We always look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel and to discover something wonderfully new.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I checked in and the process was great and flawless. Within minutes I was on the elevator heading to my room. Awaiting me as i entered was a tray of turkish delights and a sparkling water. Not bad. The room was nice and modern and the bathroom looked majestic. There is even a see-through window from the bathroom into the bedroom. The view from the 10th floor was equally amazing with views to the Bosphorous River and Grand Mosque.

The downside is the club lounge is on the 2nd floor and consists of 4 tables and a couch, a small 32" tv and two computers and printer (the business center). The longe should always be at the top or near the top for the best views. Also a problem with connecting to the wi-fi had me calling reception for assistance. It took me 3 calls and more than 2 dozen rings before someone picked up. They solved the problem, but it took forever.

The location is not bad, but it's a 10 minute walk to the nearest Metro and taxis are hard to flag down from this location.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor and facing the Bosphorous.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank FDURecruiter

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your recent Renaissance Istanbul Bosphorus experience with us.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed with your room’s panoramic view. We like to take this opportunity to remember that you can enjoy the amazing Istanbul view also in our roof bar - Bar 212 every night.

On the other hand, we regret to see that we were not able to meet your expectations about our Club Lounge and Internet services. Our highest priority is to provide our guest a memorable stay. We already controlled the internet issue which you mentioned. In your next visit, We would be delighted to create experiences that will exceed your expectations.

Once again, we highly appreciate your feedback and thank you for choosing Renaissance Istanbul Bosphorus Hotel.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

I arrived in Istanbul a few days ahead of my meetings, and was looking for a hotel closer to downtown. Based on it's previous reviews, I booked my stay at this hotel.

Upon arrival from an international flight, I was warmly welcomed and provided with a room immediately, up on the 14th floor with a view of the Bosphorus. What a view! That alone made my hotel stay worthwhile, especially as my room had a window sofa that I could sit on and stare out the window. The view was not only of the Bosphorus River, but it's bridge, and was absolutely mesmerizing.

My room was also a good size, nicely decorated and adorned, with sufficient space. The bathroom was well-laid out as well, with glass wall beside the bed - probably for putting on a romantic show for couples occupying the room. Additionally, the hotel staff and service was very professional and friendly, always ready with a greeting and assistance.

As a Platinum member, I had access to the Club Lounge which provided more than enough food for me in the evenings, that I could fill up myself there some nights.

The gym located on the M1 floor was filled with more than enough machines, all in excellent condition. I always appreciate those Lifecycle machines, where you can plug in your own iPod or USB, to read an eBook. Sadly, I didn't get a chance to use the pool, but it looked very inviting.

The only drawbacks were the location - the closest Metro station is a 15-20 minute walk away, but not really an issue if you're looking for some small amount of exercise, and the walls between rooms. I'm used to hearing some sound between rooms, but I can confirm there was no insulation through the electrical/light switch panel beside the bed... based on the nocturnal activities of my neighbours.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the Bosphorus... it's worth it!
2  Thank Jeff R
Renaissance Ist... B, General Manager at Renaissance Istanbul Polat Bosphorus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to mention you about, our spa treatments which go far beyond pampering and indulgence therefore in your next visit, We highly recommend some of ‘’R’’ massages and facial treatments in our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

These are top notch accomodations. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the rooms and the help of the staff. The breakfast which is included in the stay (for me) was excellent. Lots of choices and traditional Turkish dishes which always make for a nice stay. Fitness center, spa and pool were wonderful as well. Will definitely stay here again.

1  Thank MarkButt

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind feedback regarding your stay at Renaissance Istanbul Bosphorus Hotel. It is great to hear that our hotel and staff exceed your expectations.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

Very nice place, great location, 10TL taxi from Kabatas metro station. One of the most complete and in better conditions fitness club and spa I've seen. Friendly and helpful staff. However I have to agree with a previous review, the house keeping staff may need better training, and remember to replace the tea cups for the complementary drinks... I had to ask for them every single day... embarrassing.
All and all a good experience and I would recommend it not doubt.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your experiences in our Hotel. We will take immediate actions in order to enhance guest experiences in terms of housekeeping services you mentioned.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Had a very good five night stay recently. As other reviews point out it is some distance from the old town, but the area is not without its attractions and the views from the higher rooms are as good as any in the city. From our room the view stretched across the Bosphorus, with the bridge, wonderfully illuminated at night, to the left and both glorious mosques to the right. The best way into town is to take one of the frequent buses from outside the hotel to the Kabatas waterfront tram stop. It's then an easy ride into the old town. There are some good local restaurants a short walk from the hotel and I would recommend Kebabi (see separate review).

We found the service friendly and efficient. There is a small executive lounge on the third floor for evening drinks and snacks. The excellent buffet breakfast is taken in the main dining room.

One of the highlights of the hotel is the wonderful spa. It's not cheap, but it's good. Would stay again when next in Istanbul.

Room Tip: Pay extra for a room with a view. It's worth it.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind feedback regarding your stay at Renaissance Istanbul Bosphorus Hotel. We are delighted to hear that our staff service exceeded your expectations.