“helpfull staff”

Ranked #134 of 1,150 Hotels in Istanbul
Prague, Czech Republic
“helpfull staff”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

The stay in this hotel started with a very nice check experience and all the staff in the hotel were just wonderfully nice.
The choice ,variety and quantity of food at breakfast or dinner buffet is quite disapointing, and even if you asked the restaurant just did not have enough supplies. The quality was excellent but there was not much to choose from.
The swimming pool is great, but you have to wear a swimming cap, if you dont have one you can buy an expensive one that has a strange odor. This used to be a must many years ago nowadays I have not seen such a condition anywhere. If you are bald headed then you don,t need a cap.

Room Tip: Only the higher floors and front facing rooms have a view of the Bosporus, but the Roof Top bar is g...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Renaissance Ist... B, General Manager at Renaissance Istanbul Polat Bosphorus Hotel, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your recent Renaissance Istanbul Bosphorus experience with us. I like to inform you that we recently renovate all breakfast set-ups, hopefully in your next visit to our hotel, we will exceed your expectations and create a wonderful experience.

Usage of the swimming cap for the pool is a Hotel policy to offer a healthy and clean swimming experience for all our guest.

We always look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Anıl Boydas Tınaz - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Santa Monica, California
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I was at Istanbul for the first time with my wife and two kids. This hotel is a bit distance from all the attractions in Istanbul, but it is worth the stay. I read all the reviews on this site before booking it and they all say the same thing I have to say. The staff are wonderful. All you have is to ask them for where you want to go and they will help you on how to get there and all the needed information. I like to take the public transportation when I go places. From this hotel to center of Besiktas is only fifteen minutes walk and its all downhill. From there to Kabatas is another fifteen minutes walk or you can take the bus. Along the way you will pass Dolmabahce Palace. From Kabatas which is the beginning of T1 metro line you can go to all the major attractions. The taxi ride to Kabatas is from the hotel is 10-12 liras which is not bad. But on the way back they will charge you double. Don't ask me why! On the way back we usually walked back from Kabatas to center of Besiktas and from there right at the beginning of Barbaros Blvd there are these minibuses which are run privately and for 1.5 liras they will pass right in front of the hotel. They will stop anywhere you ask them to.
The breakfast at the hotel is great and the variety of options they have is wonderful.
All together I tell you if my kids were happy at this hotel, it was a good hotel and they were. I used my Marriott points to reserve two rooms for the three nights we stayed in here and It was worth it.
I forgot our passports in the room's safe. I remembered it when I got to airport. I called the hotel on my way back to pick them up and they got the passports ready for me and I still made it to my flight.

Room Tip: Any upper floor room facing the Bosphorus is good
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Renaissance Ist... B, General Manager at Renaissance Istanbul Polat Bosphorus Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Renaissance İstanbul Bosphorus Hotel. It is great to receive such positive comments, especially about our staff and navigator team. We are delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay at our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Milan
Reviewed July 2, 2013

My room (standard) was excellent - small but perfectly formed. Certainly not a lot of space but the level of finish is very high. The bathoom and the room itself were flawless. Instead of a bath there was a large shower 'compartment' (1x3 metres!) and there was the possibility to attach a computer or HDMI device to the TV from the desk. My only complaint is the bed was quite soft so not suitable if you need a firm mattress/divan to sleep on.

Internet is extremely good (free and fast - 16Mbit/s - http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/2810818400) and the location near the bridge means you can get to most of the city including the Asian side without having to endure too much Istanbul traffic.

The roof bar and terrace has great views of the river and beyond. All in all an excellent base for your business trip

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind feedback regarding your stay at Renaissance İstanbul Bosphorus Hotel. It is great to hear that our hotel exceeds your expectations.
We always look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel and to discover something wonderfully new.

Dubai
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Arrived from the airport by taxi in about an hour to this boutique hotel. I loved the roof bar it has superb views of Bosporus. My room had the same view too, I really like the -all around window- style, the very practical bathroom (no bath tub though) and space layout. Breakfast and lunch options are buffet in the same area with the food being ok and the service also ok, maybe some of the staff is struggling to understand English. I really didn’t like the internet option where you have to put a different password for every device and if a little time passes you need to retype the passowrd again and again. Lack of business centre was a big minus too.

I was on business close by so it was very convenient for me; I didn’t like the area much though... The location is not as convenient if you want to visit centre: Agia Sofia etc. With the horrible traffic it took me about an hour to get there by taxi. Next day I tried the metro which is about 20-25 minutes’ walk from the hotel to Taxim, but overall that took about an hour too. So if you can afford a taxi just go for it and be prepared to withstand the traffic (also beware many taxi drivers will try to get much more money of you than the taxi ride’s worth…).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Renaissance İstanbul Bosphorus Hotel. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our hotel, especially the great Bosphorus view from your room and the Bar 212.
Our highest priority is to provide our guest a memorable stay and I would like to take this opportunity to inform you about our new Business Center. It is located near our Ballroom under the lobby area with comfortable services. And we are also working on the internet issues which you mentioned. We will update the internet log-in procedures as soon as possible.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel and to discover our wonderfully new services.

Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Trying to decide where to stay in the very large city of Istanbul can be daunting. We first try to find a Marriott because of our membership status but in Istanbul there are no Marriott near the tourist sights and I was worried about the traffic problems that are mentioned in other reviews. We decided to go ahead and stay at Renaissance even though it is not near tourist sights because of the additional benefits of Marriot membership- happy hour cocktails and breakfast included.

We were happy with our decision.

Now after having been to Istanbul I think the view to have is of the Bosphorus! It is magnificent to be on the top floor of the hotel at the bar, outside, and view the Bosphorus.

Though there is no executive lounge there is happy hour in the living room with complimentary drinks and breakfast was expansive. We got upgraded to a lovely room. I thought the bathroom, hot water, toiletries etc were wonderful. Staff was helpful, hotel was clean, everything worked well!

We would stay again! One splurge suggestion- go for drinks and/or dinner at the 4 Seasons Hotel Bosphorus at Aqua Restaurant. Then you will have seen the Bosphorus from high on top of a building as well right at waterside. It truly is magical.

suggestion

Room Tip: High up facing Bosphorus
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your Renaissance İstanbul Bosphorus experience with us. It is great to receive such positive comments which motivate us to go above and beyond. I would like to take this opportunity to inform you that our new Elite Members Lounge is recently opened. It is located at the same floor R Fitness & Spa Club, with new food and beverage amenities between 12:00 – 22:30 every day.
We will be delighted to welcoming you again to discover all our new amenities in the near future.

New York City, New York
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I like efficient hotels that are designed by someone who appreciates staying in hotels. This is one of those places. And it's often the littlest things. What I liked is that the shower has a window to the main room that lets in light from the outside. Additionally, the towels are stored at within easy access to the shower.

The overall service at every place in the hotel was great. From the security check-in before you enter the hotel, to the front desk to the breakfast staff to the fitness center staff to the rooftop bar employees, everyone is sincerely in welcoming you.

The location of the hotel is excellent and is close to restaurants near the Bosphorus.

My only complaints: the wifi didn't work effectively and couldn't handle more than one mobile device. And the rate I was charged did not include breakfast when I was told at check-in that it as included.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Bosporus but expect to pay at least 40 to 50 euros more. You don't...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your Renaissance İstanbul Bosphorus experience with us. It is great to receive such positive comments which motivate us to go above and beyond.
We are currently working on the internet issues which you mentioned. We will update the internet software as soon as possible.
We will be honored to welcoming you again in the near future.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I have been to Istanbul quite a few times but generally stayed near the taksim Area but this time decided to stay in Besiktas and landed up in this hotel.
This hotel seems quite new with all modern amenities. The rooms were spacious and I was offered a room with the Bosphorus view from where I could see the bridge and the marmara.
It was quite an experience to have a drink at the terrace restaurant gazing at the evening lights of Istanbul. the breakfast was excellent and with quite some variety.
the staff was good and helpful for everything we requested ... directions, eat-outs, places to visit, internet everything....enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: The higher you go the better the view
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Globe-Trotter-Sach
Dear guest,

First of all I like to thank you for choosing Renaissance İstanbul Bosphorus Hotel. We are delighted to hear that our staff and services exceeds your expectations. As Renaissance Brand we believe; “no matter where or why you travel, there is always something wonderfully new to discover.”

We are looking forward to welcoming you again during your next trip.