“Amazing view”

Ranked #134 of 1,151 Hotels in Istanbul
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Amazing view”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I have been to Istanbul quite a few times but generally stayed near the taksim Area but this time decided to stay in Besiktas and landed up in this hotel.
This hotel seems quite new with all modern amenities. The rooms were spacious and I was offered a room with the Bosphorus view from where I could see the bridge and the marmara.
It was quite an experience to have a drink at the terrace restaurant gazing at the evening lights of Istanbul. the breakfast was excellent and with quite some variety.
the staff was good and helpful for everything we requested ... directions, eat-outs, places to visit, internet everything....enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: The higher you go the better the view
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Globe-Trotter-Sach
Renaissance Ist... B, General Manager at Renaissance Istanbul Polat Bosphorus Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear guest,

First of all I like to thank you for choosing Renaissance İstanbul Bosphorus Hotel. We are delighted to hear that our staff and services exceeds your expectations. As Renaissance Brand we believe; “no matter where or why you travel, there is always something wonderfully new to discover.”

We are looking forward to welcoming you again during your next trip.

Kind regards,
Anıl Boydas Tınaz - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

I've spent 6 nights in this hotel and it is really good: very clean, good service and good breakfast. The roof restaurant is awesome but it is expensive at the same proportion. Highly recommend. From the hotel is very easy to take a bus to almost everywhere. It is also close to the boat pier that take you to the Asian side of Istanbul.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank RodrigoMarques_12
New York City
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I am a long time Platinum member of the Marriott Rewards program who recently checked in to the Renaissance Istanbul Bosphorus Hotel.

It all started out just fine with the front desk clerk offering us an upgrade to a larger room and helpful suggestions on where to have dinner after a long day of traveling from New York.
Following what unfortunently was a very mediocre dinner we headed back to the hotel for some rest.
That's when my wife and I had a nightmare inducing experience! My wife let out a shriek about something that she found in our bed. That something turned out to be FECES that was smeared across the bottom right half of the bed sheet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We immediately called the front desk and they quickly dispatched the night manager and a security officer to examine the evidence. The night manager was aghast and apoligized profusely and assured us that this matter would be addressed first thing in the morning.
After sending housekeeping up to change the sheets we somehow managed to drift off to sleep.

Well the next morning we meet with the Operations Manager of the hotel and got the shock of our lives. THERE WOULD NO COMPENSATION ONLY MORE EMPTY APOLIGIES
The rationale they are a franchise and its corporates problem call them!

I threatened to leverage the power of social media to let others know about the uncaring individuals who run this hotel and it was only then when they returned with an anemic offer of returning our points for one night. I FOUND THIS OFFER PATHETIC AND INSULTING!

Surprise surprise Marriott corporate supported that decision.
Since then I have done some further investigation and apparently this is not an isolated case!

Stay at this hotel at your own peril!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank hmanNewYorkCity
Raipur, India
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Staying at Renaissance for the duration of my stay in Istanbul was an excellent decision indeed! The rooms are not too big, but they are comfortable, pretty and the view is just mind blowing. As is the view from their bar at the R floor! The hotel also offers you services of their well maintained Hamam, Pool and Gym. But what really makes the hotel recommendable and so fabulous is their hospitality and their keen staff service and cooperation! I had left my camera in a taxi bringing me from Ulus to the hotel, and thought I may have left it in the lobby area. When I reported this to the reception, they immediately jumped to action. A security guard came to my room and asked me questions about the taxi and the driver with the hopes of being able to track the taxi down by their camera. Unfortunately I was leaving for Cappadocia early next morning. Yet the staff and in particular, Mr Ozgur, stayed relentless. In the end they managed to track down the taxi and the driver and get my camera to me, luckily for me! No where have I seen a hotel and it's staff go so above and beyond their duty to help out a customer.
I recommend the hotel wholeheartedly and also suggest you hit up the navigator for some advice. He gives some wonderful, off the beaten path recommendations!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank prachij_1989
Muscat
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We spent six days at Istanbul Renaissance Bosphorus Hotel.
Although I’m Marriott gold member we were denied upgrade upon check in and after seeing how small the size of the room I had to do some talking before we got upgrade to junior suite which was clean and well maintained.
Unlike any other 5 stars hotels, this hotel has no business/club lounge. Instead they have what they call Elite members area at the lobby, offering some snacks and drinks from 6:00pm to 8:00pm, but 7:30 you get the leftover as they don’t replenish it.
My wife had great time at the Spa, the gym and the pool, the staffs were very friendly and all the setup in perfect situation.
The breakfast was very good with many choices and Turkish touch of Burek.
When you check-in to this hotel look for Hassan the Navigator or his colleague Mohammad, they are very helpful and made our stay comfortable at Istanbul.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Wali65
Austin, Texas
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

From the moment we arrived everything was handled in a first class manner. Hasan greeted us and escorted us into the check in counter. Zehra checked us in, taking care of every little detail.
We had a beautiful room with a view of the Bosphorus Straight. The room was nicely appointed, bed very comfortable, and a real nice shower complete with a view.
The staff at the hotel was one of the friendliest, helpful, & customer service oriented that we have experienced.
The hotel is located in the business area of "new" Istanbul.
After a day of sightseeing in "old" Istanbul, it was so nice to come back to the Hotel and be taken care of.

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank stewinaustin
Qatar
Reviewed May 24, 2013

The rooms are small but well laid out. Hotel staff is co operative and helpful. There are good resturaunts within the walking distance that are cheaper than Taksim. Swimming pool and gym are well maintained, they provide you with bathrobe and towels at gym and pool.

The bosphorus view from the room is amazing.

Downside, breakfast is relatively bland and rooms are small.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business