Istanbul Gonen Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$177
$119
Midtown Hotel(Istanbul)
$101
$262
$243
  • Pool
WOW Airport Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$67
$57
Armada Istanbul Old City Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$127
  • Breakfast included
Yasmak Sultan Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$137
Hotel Amira Istanbul(Istanbul)
$691
HotelQuickly
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsclose to the airportfree shuttleataturk airporta la carte restaurantnext morningstar hotelroom serviceshort staybusiness hotelrooms are cleanyenibosnataxicnrstopoversaunasultanahmetpersonnel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I chose this hotel because of its location - very close to the CNR Exhibition centre and Ataturk Airport - but it turned out to be a brilliant choice. Very modern, outstanding facilities, great service and extremely comfortable. The spa was fabulous with indoor and outdoor swimming pools, a traditional turkish hammam, steam room, sauna and fitness room, etc. Great breakfast. Good value. Free shuttle to/from the airport.

Room Tip: Choose the higher floors; ask for a quiet room.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank johnharveys
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We chose this hotel as we had a late night arrival to istanbul and an early morning flight back to the uk. The hotel was literally a 5 mins 10 lira taxi ride from the airport. the staff were friendly and helpful. they provided a travel cot for our 3 month old and we managed to catch breakfast at 6am before leaving! The hotel was modern and clean, we will definitely stay here next time we have the overnight stopover in Istanbul.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank SFR86
Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was perfect for our situation. We arrived at midnight and had a driver waiting to take us to the hotel. The ride was complimentary just send an email to the hotel and was less than 10 minutes away.
The beds were so comfortable we could have stayed longer just to sleep.
Breakfast is included and there is a wide variety.
Nice hot shower with many toiletries: shave kit, toothbrush kit, shampoo AND conditioner etc.
The staff was friendly and courteous.
There is also a huge shopping mall across the street which was so wonderful because we needed a pharmacy and some other personal items.
Checkout is at noon and we took the complimentary shuttle back to the airport and then caught the metro into town for 3tl!

Such a great way to start our adventure in Turkey! Highly recomend this hotel as a starting point.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Haitchy66
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We stayed at the hotel less than 24 hours , while waiting our transit flight.
It is a 10 minute drive to the airport
They offer complimentary trasportation to and from the airport but have to arrange it before you get there just by sending an e-mail.
Very professional and quick check and check out.
English speaking staff and very polite
Very clean with a great variety of complimentary bathroom products which is great if you are on transit like we were.
Keep in mind that it is almost a 40 minute drive from Taksim square and taxi fare will be 60 to 70 lira.
I would definatelly stay there again under similar circumstances.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Katerina_V
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stayed at Gonen for two nights for a short trip to Istanbul and it deserves it's 5 star rating. The hotel is everything you expect from a 5 star property with welcoming staff and plush interior design. It is situated just a few minutes drive from Ataturk International Airport in Yenibosna. When I visited it was next door to a huge building site but that did not concern me as the hotel has excellent soundproofing throughout. Rooms are very well furnished, luxurious comfortable beds, brilliant wireless Internet access, with beautiful bathrooms which had lovely soft towels and high quality soaps and shampoo etc. There is a well stocked mini-bar but it's very expensive. (You do get a free 0.5L bottle of water on your first night). Water was 4TL for 0.5L and 175ML of Turkish Wine was 18TL. Fortunately there is a big shopping mall across the road (Star City) with a Migros store where you can get all you need at a fraction of the mini-bar cost. Breakfast is absolutely gorgeous with every choice available. My favourite was the honey on the comb and the hot pancakes. A small kitchen in the breakfast area prepares omelettes and eggs to your specification too. Full marks have to go to the reception staff who help with travel advice, they have a concierge too but the receptionist gave me an Istanbul card so I could get around once it was topped up with credit. The gym and swimming pool are also very good, as is the traditional Turkish bath and massage treatment areas (the latter are extra cost options). I explored the fitness and swimming area and went to have an evening swim but was told by the staff that I would have to buy a swimming cap for 10TL. Not a lot of money but I was annoyed at the principle of paying hidden charges in a hotel that costs £100 a night! After negotiation with the duty manager an alternative was provided free (a shower cap) and I was able to take advantage of the 'free facilities'. I have to add that the minor complaint was handled very politely with a free coffee provided whilst the solution was found.

My only reservation about the Gonen is it's location. It is ideal for transit passengers visiting Ataturk Airport and I note many airline pilots seem to stay there but it's a long way from most of the tourist sites in Istanbul. Not an issue if you want to spend a lot of money on taxis but you need to take a bus, metro and a tram if you want to get to the Grand Bazaar or Sultenahmet and public transport in Istanbul is exceptionally busy all day, every day.

Would I return? For sure, the Gonen is just right for a luxury stay with some very nice small touches that will keep it in my memory for a long time to come.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors offer better views but most look straight into very ugly multi story blocks and shortly there will be more surrounding the hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo