“Stumbled upon a real treat in Esmer Cafe”
Review of Esmer Cafe

Esmer Cafe
Ranked #188 of 14,235 Restaurants in Istanbul
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Beyoglu
Reviewed March 9, 2014

While walking from the spice market back to the hotel I had two goals....decent non-greasy non-indigestion causing food And a clean bathroom. At 8.5 months pregnant, both were priorities. We walked by the very busy cafe and decided to give it a try. I'm so glad we did. It was a largely Italian menu with lots of salad options (also had plenty of non Italian and Turkish food available, but my neighboring table had pasta and I was set). The kitchen is open and we got to watch the chefs (Chef Esmer himself included) cook with flames and flair! The service was good, the prices were cheap, the food was a delicious break, dessert was to die for....all in all, we were happy diners! This was, in my opinion, a great lunch spot....I wouldn't go there for a "nice/romantic" dinner.

1  Thank LaurenLiz

Reviewed February 18, 2014

When you've had enough of the local food, this is a nice place to eat at. We happened to stumble upon this lovely place while walking down from Taksim Square towards Galata Tower. Beautifully done up, welcoming staff, this place was a good change. Their portions are quite big. Do try the crispy chicken. It was DELICIOUS!

1  Thank TraveLovers2814
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Good service, nice decoration & delicious food. I tried it twice during my one week visit.
it's in heart of Istiklal and the place to go when you need to take a break from fast food.
it'll cost like 20-30 TL for main dish and drink.
it's recommended to make a reservation (by phone or online) for their marvelous small terrace table overlooking Istiklal st. as it's only one table.
Also they have a small outdoor area.
Burger is Good

1  Thank BBastawy
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

I had a light dinner here last night. It took a while to get an attention of the waiting stuff. During my dinner i dropped my knife to the floor a bit far from my table. I d expect first from him to bring me a new knife and then took the one i dropped. But he never brought me a new one. Didnt even bother to ask if i need one. Id not care if he was smily but looked also unhappy.

1  Thank Sam K
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Been here for the first time in April 2012, came back in September 2012 and again in November 2013 must say enough about this place.
Great food, amazing service and nice view over Istiklal if you sit on a small terrace. Place to come back for sure!

1  Thank AdrijanaHusic