“Quiet, peacefull, lovely hotel”
Review of Lalinn Hotel

Lalinn Hotel
Ranked #18 of 1,114 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 20, 2014

A group of 8 friends were travelling together and stayed at Lalinn.
We had 3 rooms booked 2 of which were to accommodate 3 people and one which was a double.

I was in the double room (double bed and a single bed) and the room was in a separate part of the hotel from where my friends were staying. I spoke to the person in the hotel and literally within 3 minutes our room had been changed to a triple room with only 2 of us sharing.

The room was spacious, and had several windows to let air in.
The view wasn’t all that to be honest but we knew that and weren't paying for a view.
Eyub the manager of the hotel spoke fluent English and was the man, assisted us in any way he could helped us plan our route to visit the various tombs across Istanbul, arranged transport for us, gave us cost saving advice.

One night I was so tired and very hungry that I requested the chap on reception to order me some food and he ordered me domino’s pizza which went down a treat.
The breakfast was nice and had a big variety, wasn't a big rush so you could relax and take your time.

Location is spot on for those who wish to explore SulthanAhmet, a very realistic 10 minute walk to the Blue Mosque (a bit of uphill but nothing major) and 6 minute walk back (downhill).
Eyub also told us where to go for a Turkish bath (traditional not the touristy one) this one was where all the locals goes and it was an amazing experience.
Our group ranged from early 20's to later 30's and everyone was happy which was a relief as it was my choice of hotel.

Everyday the beds would be made, and the bathroom cleaned, very good people working at the hotel, honest and reliable.
There wasn't a single complaint and we were part of a group who went from the UK to the Turkish/Syrian border to deliver ambulances and stayed in many hotels across the way so Istanbul for 5 night was our chill out/wind down time and that's exctly how we felt.
The AC in the room was awesome! and the bathrooms were clean and tidy.
There are local shops to get water, drinks and you can use the fridge in the room to store them.

Facilities in the room to make tea, coffee infact the only constructive feedback would be we used the coffee satchet and sugar that was in the hotel toom after the first day and it would have been nice for them to top this up, no doubt if we had asked it would have been done there and then but we never got round to asking.

I looked at over 20 hotels in this area in our price range and the reason why I decided to go with Lalinn was because of the positive reviews from other peope so I thought it's only fair I give an honest opinion. It is fair to say my friends travelling with me share my thoughts also.

If I ever visit Istanbul again and Sultanahmet area I will definitely be staying in this hotel again.
Full credit to Eyub and his team may Allah bless them all and grant further success in their business.

Room Tip: If there are 3 of you travelling request the Triple room with 3 sigle beds, trust me you will be mor...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 14, 2014

Hotel is very nice located. It is not a kind of turistic area but just 1street up you will be in the heart of old city, recommended especially for families. Also hotel staff they were so helpfull special thanks to the mr. Joshgun

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Only stayed one night on the way out of Turkey. Conveniently located to everything, excellent size room, caring owner. Spotlessly clean. Genuine location a little (5 minutes) away from the tourist places.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank grahamawaySydney
Reviewed May 11, 2014

I liked this hotel. It is not far from underground station Sultanahmet, but better take taxi from Eminonu and ask the driver to call to the hotel, it take 10-12 TL. The room was light and clean, towels was changed every day. Breakfast is good. All day free tea, cofee. The personnel is very kind and attentive, they can help in any situation, especially Joshkun.

Room Tip: Some rooms have view to the small yard. If it is important for you to ask to provide you room with n...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Метанет Р
Reviewed May 8, 2014

They have wonderfull attitude. We found them from trip advisor. They deserve where they are on trip advisor. Big rooms, will decorated, calm and quiet area. We went with my family and i can say its a best place for family.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I stayed here for 6 nights with my husband and 2 teenage daughters in April 2014. We stayed in a room with a double bed, one cot and a pull out couch. Like most hotels in the area this is a very small boutique hotel. It is on a small, quiet dead end street a 5 minute walk from the Blue Mosque/ Hagia Sofia. Breakfast was included in the price of the room.

The room was clean and spacious. The bathroom was remodeled and clean. There were at least 4 outlets in the room (this is well above average for Europe). The mini fridge prices were reasonable and there was extra room in the fridge to put some of your own items in. There was a shower/tub and blow dryer in the bathroom.

The hotel staff could not have been nicer. They really went above and beyond making us comfortable. They let us use one of their umbrellas and one of their public transportation cards. They helped us organize a trip to Princes Islands (we wanted to go alone, not on a tour) and they also arranged a Bosphorus tour for us. I really cannot stress enough how pleasant and helpful the staff was.

Only negatives were that we were in room 101, which is directly behind the front desk and directly above the breakfast room. The phone at the hotel rang at 6 am and I could hear it clearly. I also heard the staff setting up breakfast one morning. To be fair I am a light sleeper. Also one morning I went downstairs to breakfast and I could smell cigarette smoke. I am not sure if that was coming from a guest room or from the staff lounge that was downstairs.

I would definitely stay here again and I would recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank ChanaJane3
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Lalinn hotel was a great stay for our family of five. The hotel is located a bit far from the main attractions of city center. Its south of the old city and down in back alleyways. When arriving it could be a pickle to find but here are the hotels GPS cords to help: N41 00.175 E28 58.672
Although off the beaten path my family still felt safe and walked to and from all our destinations numerous times per day during our three day stay. For those whom do not like to walk this might not be the hotel for you, unless you’re willing to pay for taxis. But for the cost of Lalinn it’s worth the walk, and we enjoyed the opportunity to walk off all the Turkish food and ice cream calories we were in gluttony of during our stay. The walk is also enjoyable because you pass through many cafés, restaurants, tourist shops, and even Akbiyik Bazarr.
There is no hotel parking except for in the alleyway that the hotel is located in, but this was not a problem for us, being that parking was always available but we parked the first day and never moved the car again. When we arrived the staff quickly came out and greeted us in perfect English. They helped take our luggage to our rooms and offered to give us a quick review of the sites to see in Istanbul and advice towards visits. The hotel is small but the charm and friendly service that was given to us was grand.
Our room was most impressive. It was huge! We reserved the triple room and loved all the extra space, especially while staying for 3 days. Our 3 kids thoroughly enjoyed the extra space as well. The bathroom was also large, clean, and comfortable with a nice shower. The room itself was bland. It lacked the charm of any Turkish décor you normally find in these B&B style hotels, but it’s not worth a complaint, I just hope the hotel continues to add décor to the room(s) in the future .
Lalinn I think is still being renovated. For sure the building next door at the entrance to the alley is under construction. So maybe in time more upgrades and decorating will or are being made to Lalinn? With that said the only complaint was one morning at around 4-5am we were awaken to the sound of pottery or tiles repeatedly being broken, and this noise lasted about 20mins! We were not startled by the noise but assumed some early bird was cleaning up the construction site.
Breakfast is included with the room, and is a nice array of traditional Turkish Kahvalti. But what was the best was the fresh homemade coffee cake of some sort. I think they make it on site, because you can smell baked goods on occasion coming from the kitchen.
The staff also helped us by delivering a duffle bag full of our dirty clothes to and from a laundry service. We had been on the road for 7 days, so we had some laundry. We dropped it off with Lalinn’s office in the morning and it arrived back to the office that same evening after we arrived back from sightseeing for the day. So the hotel offers great all around service.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family