“Very good hotel and service”
Review of Grand Ons Hotel

Grand Ons Hotel
Ranked #886 of 1,140 Hotels in Istanbul
Belgrade, Serbia
“Very good hotel and service”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I just returned from Istanbul, very satisfied with this small hotel. It's very clean, every day towels changing, hotel stuff friendly, free wi fi. Food for brekfast was also good. Only thing I didn't like is glass bathroom door... no privacy if you are with friend, like I was.
But, I would recommend this hotel, it's ok.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Maja R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Brasov, Romania
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I have just returned from a 4 day trip to Istanbul, part of a small group. I and my husband received a triple room with no window, actually there was a small window opening inn an inside space where all the smells were coming (cigarette smell, food etc) - there was no way to get any fresh air or see something. The a/c was not working. We went back twice to the front desk where we tried to talk to Ficri - front desk agent, very impolite and pretending not to speak any English, instead of changing our room he said he had none available, we asked to fix the a/c at least, he said it couldn't be fixed, he treated us with " I don't care" attitude. In about 2 hours after our request he checked in guests - the hotel has 8 floors, so he refused to change the room , knowing the conditions (bad smell, dirty room, no air). Other than this the hotel is in a good location, but I will never ever go there again, unless I have no choice and I have a room with a window and fresh air. The other members of the group received rooms with a window...

Room Tip: Make sure you ask to have a guaranteed room with a window or at least a/c that is working. Staff doe...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Ramonica2014

Travelers are raving about these Istanbul hotels

Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Hotel staff friendly.
Location of hotel on pedestrian road between hours of 7am to 8pm so you have to walk to get a taxi. Metro 5 mins walk. Grand bazaar and blue mosque also walking distance. Clean basic accommodation. View from roof top terrace over the sea. Would recommend it.

• Stayed January 2014
6 Thank Liz50488
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 24, 2014

We stayed in this hotel in January 2014. The room and bathroom was quite small but adequate and they do get cleaned everyday. We had a fridge in the room which didn't work and kept all drinks warm. Our room faced the street so our view was the clothes shops outside.

Pros: 1.Reception staff were nice and friendly, some had trouble with English when we called from the room though. Neslihan on the front desk was very helpful.
2. The hotel is a walking distance from Sultanahmet and most of the sights in the area. Good transport links (tram and metro) as well from Askaray and Laleli university.
3. Good view from the terrace, the swimming pool was closed while we were there but I've heard good things about it.

Cons:
1. Wifi access from the room is outrageously bad, I was only able to use this. We were advised to use the lobby (which was fine) but I'd have preferred to chat with my family in the room
2. Breakfast was a bit blah to be honest, with an odd selection that includes chips and some soup but it's OK for the price being paid. I have a sweet tooth but the sweetness of the fruit juices on tap was almost unbearable
3. There's no clear sign of the hotel on the street (it's a bit hidden) and we got lost a few times as there are so many clothes shops in the area and you could miss it without even trying.
4. Hotel is situated in Laleli which is sort of the red light district, coming back at night with my friend we had someone try to proposition us!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Sanaa, Yemen
Reviewed January 11, 2014

My husband and i stayed in grand ons for Christmas and the new year eve 2014 we stayed for 10 days.
At first we booked the hotel through a travel agency and the rate was a bit expensive, the agency made a mistake and booked a twin room for us, when we arrived we asked at the front desk if they could change the room to a double instead, their answer was "impossible" they were too rude to answer and they were never helpful when we ask about directions with their frown faces and unfriendly attitude.
For the rooms they were too small we had a problem with the heater, the fridge was not working no matter how high we set it, its kept in a wooden cabin which kept it even warmer, the wall was too thin i could hear the TV from the neighbor room, the toilet is really small too, whenever i turn hot water in the shower, it shows dirty brownish water then i have to wait and waste lots of water till i finally get it clean. In our day 9 we paid more for a double room and all what we received was two beds joined together in other words twin room that was changed to double I couldn’t reason why we even paid more for?
The breakfast was the same from day one until now, no changes at the menu and i can rate it average.
Luckily, we were not at the hotel most of the time, we leave the hotel in the morning and we came at night tired and sleepy. The only good thing about this hotel is the location. it is in Aksaray area, close to sultan Ahmed and Aya Sofia. Close to grand bazar and bus station, Metro is few steps away.
Other hotels in the area are much cheaper find an alternative.

Room Tip: look at the room before you book it
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Hajer A
Greytown, South Africa
Reviewed December 18, 2013

To be honest I booked this hotel with great apprehension, however comforted myself with knowing that should it be terrible when I get there, I would move somewhere else. Needless to say, I stayed there for 10 nights without even thinking of moving! Rooms were small, but clean and tidy. The best thing about this location, is that everything is so easily accessible. There is a station literally a minutes walk away and using the local train was not difficult at all. The reception staff are extremely obliging. Beautiful views from the breakfast balcony which becomes even more stunning in the evening. Breakfast is typically boring and the same everyday, but its sufficient to boost you for the day!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel. These rooms are quiet and also have excellant wifi connecti...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank S_Gangz
Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Room was very small. Bed not comfortable at all. No minibar,We could hear the neighbors.
Constant problems with Internet 3 days we were not able to use it from room at all, we were recommended to use the INTERNET only in Lobby !!
Breakfast: No change in the Menu 3 days at the same choice, only regular bread roughly cut, no choice for the fruits only apples ( not fresh).
Staff are not friendly at all !!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends