“Unbearable noise”

Ranked #57 of 1,060 Istanbul B&B and Inns
France
“Unbearable noise”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

The hotel is located right across a bar playing loud music, keeping its doors opened and with people waiting in the street, which just makes the noise unbearable, all the more if you are given a room facing that side of the street and in the lower floors. My room was 101, I cannot speak of the others, but this one is definitely to be avoided. It is impossible to sleep under those conditions and I am a person with no light sleep. If I would have known I would simply have not stayed, but when you check in you are asked to pay in advance for your room before actually seeing the room. I did so in good faith. It became obvious at night that I would not be able to sleep, I complained but the hotel was full and so there was no alternative for me other than leaving. I left at 1 am to another hotel (which I had to find myself) and of course paid for a room I never used. There was no customer service following-up my dissatisfaction. This is a very new hotel so I would suggest the management to look into better customer care and of course much better isolation of the rooms being offered. For other travelers, if you value peace, don't chose this one. Also to mention that the area was very nice before full of terraces, but it has deteriorated in the last year since bars and restaurants are no longer allowed to put their tables or chairs outside, so unfortunately Tunel is no longer what it used to be either....

Room Tip: Never room 101, never rooms facing the lobby street, go for upper levels to minimise noise levels if...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
6 Thank Lau74SXB
eyinIstanbul, Director of Sales at Collage Pera Hotel, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Dear Guest,

We are very sorry abut that you are dissatisfied with our hotel.Your assertions about our hotel are not based on real evaluation criteria and are you are only guest so far who complainted about noise we haven't heard by any guest who have stayed in our hotel.If you read Booking.Com comment you may be sure that most of guests are happy with our hotel and never complained about noise.You would have stayed only one night in our hotel you left all your staff at 5:00 p.m into room and went out and came back after midnight I think you appreciate that we couldn't have changed your rooom due to all rooms are sold out at that time and you comment about that you are light sleeper but didn't mention it about your booking comment section and you visited our hotel on Friday night and Istanbul as well as all other major capitals especially if you prefer to stay very close to Taksim Downtown where is heart of entertainment and night life it is usual to encounter little noisy ambiace coming from nearby bars in weekend that is not our mistake completely.As far as I understand you are extremely sensitive to noise.Please be aware of that much guests have stayed very gladly in this hotel and stayed more than one night.Reception agent tried to convince you to stay in room but you prefered to find another hotel and we couldn't refund you due to we can't sell your room after midnight that day.
Best Regards
Erdinc Eyin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Greek first