“perfect place for a pleasant dinner”
Review of Cafe Mese

Cafe Mese
Ranked #420 of 14,247 Restaurants in Istanbul
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sultanahmet
Description: Cafe Mese invites you for a relaxing break after sightseeing with its selection of alcoholic, non-alcoholic, and coffee drinks as well as local food.
Reviewed January 30, 2013

The cafe was advised to us by guest relation manager of our hotel from the group of Sirkeci.
The food was very delicious in cafe and we enjoyed our meal so much! The service was good as well. Would like to say thank you to waiter Deniz for his friendliness, affability and open heart for guests. Good prices, cozy atmosphere and lots of positive emotions from this cafe. Belive me, you won't regret while visiting this cafe!

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Very cozy two-storey restaurant. Friendly stuff. The menu is not big, but there you may find salads, dolma, pasta...Turkish tea with a cookie or a glass of wine. big portions for a good price. Very tasty!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Decided to visit this restaraunr during our vacation in Januaru to Istanbul. We've found it thank's to tripadvisor. We've liked menu (with images of all dishes), good selection of food, very good quality and the size of dishes impressed us a lot. Plus to this we can say about good location on a very interesting street, good service, pleasant atmoshere. I was impressed by duck dish. The price is very reasonable especially when you come to other restaraunts)))

1  Thank YllekLeo
Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Trendy corner for great ambience here, try a tasty and delicious cofee while were listing to music was brilliant. Staffs worked very nice, too.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

As I saw reviews here I decided to have a dinner at Cafe Mese and as I step in, I felt that Cafe Mese is not typical Turkish restaurant. There are not waiters in front of the restaurant to pull you in and throw the window it more looks like a simply cafe than the restaurant.
Fine classic music relaxed my hears and we went on the upper floor, which looks like a restaurant. Waiters find us a fine place by the window with a nice view.
Waiters are very nice, polite, without forced smiles on their faces. Our dinner served very quickly, starter was some crispy salad (very delicious!) and then comes main courses. I ordered steam sea bass, a fish I already eat in Turkey, but grilled. Here it was in clay pot, keep warm until I finish it. Firstly, I thought the portion is small. When I eat it half I realized that I was fed up, but I continued to eat бецаусе тhe taste - it was delicious! And more than that, I can't describe it! With a lot of onion and spicy it reminds me on some Hungarian food.
The price was acceptable, you can find their menu with the prices on restaurant web site.
Once again, very nice evening at the nice restaurant!

4  Thank Draganche