“Worst hotel I've ever stayed”
Review of Kervansaray Hotel

Kervansaray Hotel
Ranked #1,013 of 1,156 Hotels in Istanbul
Izmir, Turkey
“Worst hotel I've ever stayed”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

It was the worst hotel ever and I will explain why
1- the rooms wasn't that nice to deserve the money I paid
2- TV never had a signal
3- never had a wifi in my room and every time I asked they said they were fixing the problem but they never did.
4-dry cleaning. OMG I'm a Turkish girl who lives in U.S and travels ALOT but have I ever experience anything like this or have I ever heard anything like this. Nope. I hade 11 items that needed be dry cleaned and my jackets and pants ,shirts they were all brand names like Pravda , Gucci ... Bought them from Europe . Anyways they said the got dry cleaner they will take care of it .next day when they return my cloths omg they were 3 size smaller I couldn't fit in them my 500euro Pravda jacket zipper was broken same with my jeans and my white shirt wasn't white anymore my shirt didn't had anymore bottoms. They were still wet on top of it .but things happens. I tried to talk to them they said to me it wasn't their problem and it has. Oohing to do with them. I waited and wasted 4 hours of my day that I supposed to be out and see Istanbul but instead they keep telling me ten minute twenty minute .... Manager will be here... We gonna call the dry cleaner.... What pissed me off the most is they never even ones said " we are so sorry, let me see what I can do to fix" NEVER instead they told me "...it's not my problem... You should of told us they were expensive cloths ...
ALL IM SAYING IS IF YOU WANT GOOD SERVICE AND PROFESSIONAL EMPLOYEE PLEASEEEEE DO NOT STAY HERE . I wish someone told me this before I went to this horrible hotel. I would have save sooooooo much money and time

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Turk801

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
mombasa
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Stay at the Kervansaray hotel in Istanbul during my visit to Turkey, the hotel is positioned very close to the TEXSIM SQUARE which has become the center of all news coming out of Turkey however what we see on TV is not what is really on the ground, and anyone wishing to travel to Turkey should do so without any fear as the city is a very beautiful place and the people are very warm and helpful. the hotel itself was very clean the rooms were piratical but the walls were abit thin and you could hear the next rooms noise.
The breakfast was ok but not what westerners would like but it is also great to try other peoples cultures

Room Tip: The rooms on the roadside of the hotel was said to have better WIFI signal as other rooms were compl...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Fuad M
Pretoria
Reviewed October 26, 2013

This hotel is well situated near the metro and Taksim. The entrance is clean but once you enter your room your nightmare starts. The mattress is thin. The room is cramped. The curtains are unhooked. The brochures are stuck together with mould. The bathroom is full of mould. The linen was full of holes. And worst of all the complementary coffee satchets were half opened.

• Stayed October 2013
5 Thank HafsaPretoria

Travelers are raving about these Istanbul hotels

Olympia, Washington
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

I am a wheelchair user. I made the mistake of booking a room here without first checking the room to ensure that it was, indeed, wheelchair accessible. When I entered the room and discovered that I could not get into the bathroom, I asked for a refund. Staff refused. I argued. Staff called management. Management refused. Understand: I had not used the room at all, and yet they refused to refund the money to a disabled man who could not even use their hotel! Absolutely outrageous. I had to call my bank and go through a dispute process to refuse payment. The management at Karvansaray is morally deplorable; such treatment is unforgivable. Do me and all other disabled people a favor and take your business elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2013
6 Thank oceanasterisk
tehran
Reviewed September 28, 2013

It was clean and near the Taksim sq, but there wasn't slippers for rest room and Paste and Toothbrush,U have to asked for them.i was on 6th floor , room has kettle and hair dryer.
you can chose hotel in Gülhane ave. Loacation near tramvay and sites (soltan ahmad and palace and grand bazzar,...) with good price food .

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank faezeh m
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 27, 2013

If you've ever seen Fawlty Towers - this was the Turkish equivalent! We were put in this hotel by our tour company (& that is a different issue altogether). When our transfers dropped us off, we were confused as it was not the hotel on our paperwork. The man at the hotel front desk was rude and basically shrugged his shoulders to all our questions. He offered no information and we had to pry for the free wi-fi info and the breakfast
times. Then when we came into our room: it was dark, dirty and disgusting! It had a mouldy mildew-y smell. The bathroom was mouldy. We were convinced the room hadnt been cleaned for a long time because there was dust everywhere & the stationery in the room had scribbles all across it. You couldn't sit on the toilet without the lid slamming onto your back or the bidet hose (or whatever it was) poking your bum! YUCK! Breakfast was nothing too flash.
Do not stay here! We had no choice but if you do - avoid!!!

• Stayed September 2013
4 Thank wisemonkeysabroad
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Don't even think to look at this hotel first this hotel don't even have a swming pool it's a public pool 5 min walk , every thing in this hotel is bad poor breakfast , no room cleaning , no A/C only chiller always hot , Fridge not working In most of rooms , bathroom haven't seen like it befor small smally not clean at all , no room service if your room is hot they will tell you open the window with temp. 38 c?!?! It was a mistak staying in this hotel we tried to find other hotel but was fully booked due to medical conf. ! If I can give this hotel -1 I will without any hesitation I will never stay in this hotel if it the only one in the The whole world.

• Stayed August 2013