“Nightmare”
Review of Kervansaray Hotel

Kervansaray Hotel
Ranked #1,005 of 1,160 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed October 26, 2013

This hotel is well situated near the metro and Taksim. The entrance is clean but once you enter your room your nightmare starts. The mattress is thin. The room is cramped. The curtains are unhooked. The brochures are stuck together with mould. The bathroom is full of mould. The linen was full of holes. And worst of all the complementary coffee satchets were half opened.

5  Thank HafsaPretoria

Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

I am a wheelchair user. I made the mistake of booking a room here without first checking the room to ensure that it was, indeed, wheelchair accessible. When I entered the room and discovered that I could not get into the bathroom, I asked for a refund. Staff refused. I argued. Staff called management. Management refused. Understand: I had not used the room at all, and yet they refused to refund the money to a disabled man who could not even use their hotel! Absolutely outrageous. I had to call my bank and go through a dispute process to refuse payment. The management at Karvansaray is morally deplorable; such treatment is unforgivable. Do me and all other disabled people a favor and take your business elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2013
6  Thank oceanasterisk
Reviewed September 28, 2013

It was clean and near the Taksim sq, but there wasn't slippers for rest room and Paste and Toothbrush,U have to asked for them.i was on 6th floor , room has kettle and hair dryer.
you can chose hotel in Gülhane ave. Loacation near tramvay and sites (soltan ahmad and palace and grand bazzar,...) with good price food .

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank faezeh m
Reviewed September 27, 2013

If you've ever seen Fawlty Towers - this was the Turkish equivalent! We were put in this hotel by our tour company (& that is a different issue altogether). When our transfers dropped us off, we were confused as it was not the hotel on our paperwork. The man at the hotel front desk was rude and basically shrugged his shoulders to all our questions. He offered no information and we had to pry for the free wi-fi info and the breakfast
times. Then when we came into our room: it was dark, dirty and disgusting! It had a mouldy mildew-y smell. The bathroom was mouldy. We were convinced the room hadnt been cleaned for a long time because there was dust everywhere & the stationery in the room had scribbles all across it. You couldn't sit on the toilet without the lid slamming onto your back or the bidet hose (or whatever it was) poking your bum! YUCK! Breakfast was nothing too flash.
Do not stay here! We had no choice but if you do - avoid!!!

• Stayed: September 2013
4  Thank wisemonkeysabroad
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Don't even think to look at this hotel first this hotel don't even have a swming pool it's a public pool 5 min walk , every thing in this hotel is bad poor breakfast , no room cleaning , no A/C only chiller always hot , Fridge not working In most of rooms , bathroom haven't seen like it befor small smally not clean at all , no room service if your room is hot they will tell you open the window with temp. 38 c?!?! It was a mistak staying in this hotel we tried to find other hotel but was fully booked due to medical conf. ! If I can give this hotel -1 I will without any hesitation I will never stay in this hotel if it the only one in the The whole world.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Zenon-q8
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I was on the 8th floor. The air conditioning was like an asthmatic octogenarian blowing warm air through a hole in the wall. I had to pour water over myself to keep cool in bed. When I complained they said the whole hotel had a problem. Next night was worse. Taksim is not the best part of town. Go somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed July 13, 2013

What I met during my stay in this hotel was comletely different I saw on hotel's web site. There was no swimming pool in this exactly hotel. The room was very small, the toilet in my room not clean, breakfest simple and poor. So, avoid this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business