“Unique museum”

Book In Advance
More Info
$57.14*
and up
Private Tour: Istanbul Sightseeing Including...
Ranked #40 of 1,156 things to do in Istanbul
More attraction details
Owner description: Orhan Pamuk tarafından yaratılan Masumiyet Müzesi yazarın aynı adlı romanında anlatılan günlük hayat eşyalarının hatıra ve anlamlarını gösteren titizlikle hazırlanmış enstalasyonlardan oluşan küçük bir İstanbul müzesidir.
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I won't repeat the explanations of this museum adequately given by previous reviewers. To my shame I hadn't heard of the author Orhan Pamuk so the Museum has introduced me to a 'new' author. The museum is cleverly done and worth the short uphill walk to reach.

2  Thank Sallyanne P
in 7 reviews
"tribute"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed May 5, 2013

What a fantastic surprise and delight. A musuem about a book, collected while writing the book . . . and at times dictating twists and turns in the book's plot. The museum plays with your sense of reality and is an intriguing insight into the excellent mind of a writer. I had read other books of Orhan Pamuk (Memories of a City evokes Istanbul like no other) but I had not read the Musuem of Innocence and yet it didn't curb my enjoyment one jot. Excellent catalogue and small (focussed) shop too. Paul

1  Thank Paul D
Reviewed May 1, 2013

It was nice to stroll through the 3 floors of this small museum, but too expensive. Each display is about a book chapter, yet many were not yet done which was disappointing. Enjoy the collection of cigarette butts displayed on first floor

2  Thank Richard F
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

I read Orhan's book a month ago and I loved it so much, that I now consider it one of my favorite books. Yesterday, i happened to be in istanbul for vacation and trip advisor showed this museum as one of the attractions. I was so excited about it, I couldnt sleep. the museum exceeded my expectations.it is beautifully designed; each stand representing a chapter of the book. It is definitely one of the best experiences i've had; watching my favorite book come to life. If you loved the book and you're in town, don't miss this.( if you bring your copy of the book, you can go in for free )

5  Thank BRasha