“Great value, great breakfast, great staff!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aren Suites

Aren Suites
Ranked #43 of 1,121 Hotels in Istanbul
HTown, HI
“Great value, great breakfast, great staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

I have nothing but great things to say about Aren Suites! When I arrived, I was greeted with a warm welcome, the staff were expecting me and already knew my name. The check in process was swift and was followed by a quick overview of the area surrounding the hotel by the manager. He asked what I was interested in doing and used a map to help me get around. I was taken up to my room with my bags and was given a tour of how things worked in the room and such. It was so great! After I thanked the bell man, I discovered on the table a bottle of chardonnay along with a hand written card welcoming me to the hotel! How amazing! The room was in great condition, everything was clean, the bathroom was immaculate. I was super impressed. I went up to the rooftop terrace to go check out the view, that was incredibly amazing. It was cold and windy so I didn't stay up for too long. The next day I went downstairs for breakfast which I found to be robust of great selections. There was juice, coffee, breakfast pastries, cheese, eggs, sausage, salads, cereal, tea, and the list goes on and on. The staff attending to the breakfast were attentive to the area, and I was just impressed with the offerings.

The area around the hotel was easy to navigate with the map they provided me. I walked mostly around the area, And then realized that the tram was super easy to get on and get off! Don't be afraid to venture around using the trams, or even the ferries that can take you to Taksim or to the Asian side of Turkey. I found it quite baffling at first, but then realized how easy it was.

The hotel arranged for private pick up for me to and from the airport, which was prompt, and friendly. Highly reliable.

Again, I have nothing to say but great things about this hotel. I'd like to thank all the staff and management of this hotel for an amazing stay. When I return to Istanbul, I will definitely come back and stay here!

Room Tip: There are five floors, all accessible via lift or stairs. Choose a higher room if you want quicker a...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

Excellent choice: perfect location just a few minutes away from the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia also great view from the hotel's terrace. the staff was very friendly and helpful. Definitely will return here on my next trip to Istanbul.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
ArenSuites, Manager at Aren Suites, responded to this review, December 2, 2014
Dear valued guest
Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to write a review! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations. Our hotel aims to provide a truly unique experience, and we are thrilled that we were able to exceed your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.
Mehmet Sumengen | General Manager
Corpus Christi, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

My mother and I stayed at Aren Suites for a quick trip to Istanbul. It was in a great location, was within walking distance to all of the main sites to see in the Old City/Sultanamet(?) area. The rooms were nice and clean, the bathrooms were great (whirlpool tubs)....and the staff was amazingly helpful. The rooftop terrace was out of this world. You had views of the Bosporus AND the Blue Mosque. We took tea up there one afternoon and it was amazing. For the price, I'd stay there again and recommend it to my friends. The only thing I'd do differently is to get a higher floor. We were on the ground floor and it was kinda (expectedly so) loud.

Stayed March 2014
heraklion
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights in January 2014.The big advantage of the hotel is it"s location.You can walk to Agia Sofia to Blue Mosque to Basilica Cisterna.In 5 min you can find the tram to go ...
The room it was not very spacious but it was clean.The breakfast was average and the coffee always burned with a bad taste.We ordered turkish coffee.
The reception stuff were almost kind without patience.
There is no lounge to stay for a while.
Do not miss the great view from the terasse. If it is summer ask to take breakfast here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on 3nd floor.Attention there are rooms on the ground floor.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Zurrieq, Malta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights and where very pleased with this hotel.Staff is helpful,hotel is clean and in a very good location,just a short walk for the blue mosque, Aya Sofia, Basilica Cisterna we highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
ArenSuites, Manager at Aren Suites, responded to this review, December 2, 2014
Dear valued guest
Mehmet Sumengen | General Manager
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

Had a very good 3 night stay at the Aren Suites.

It is a small hotel in Sultanahmet, a little bit of a walk away from the Aya Sofya and the Blue Mosque, maybe 10-15 minute walk to the Sultanahmet tram station. The streets around the hotel are generally quiet but it is hard to sleep with the windows open due to dogs barking, odd construction noises in the middle of the night, and the proximity of the mosques and the calls to prayer.

We had an ocean view room that was quite spacious, but there is no closet and a couple of small armoires. The bathroom is small but clean and functional. The ocean view however is over the roofs of a few buildings across the street. The beds are fairly comfortable with good bedding.

The included buffet breakfast was not that impressive. There were a few kinds of bread, some cold cuts and sausages, a few different kinds of salad. OK, but not great.

The staff is very friendly and accommodating.

All in all a good stay, but I might pay a little more and try somewhere else next time.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

We stayed here for 5 nights in February, 2014. For the price we paid we were quite pleased with this selection.
The hotel is in a great location. All of the sites in old town are within a reasonable walking distance, including the tram. There are many restaurants in the immediate area that served very good food at reasonable prices. There are also 2 markets on the same street where you can buy water and snacks.
We booked directly with the hotel which gave us a free private transfer from the airport - much appreciated after our long travels.
The front desk personnel were extremely helpful in making reservations for a Bosporus cruise, telling us how to use the tram and making recommendations for restaurants. They are happy to help anytime!
I would say though that our room was just OK. We were traveling from the U.S. for almost 3 weeks so we had 2 bags each. For some reason they put a huge chair and a table in our room which took up a ton of space and really wasn't needed. Because of this we had very little room in which to store our bags. The room also didn't have any drawers or cabinet space so we basically were living out of our suitcases. As others have noted the room was quiet even though again we were in the middle of everything.
The breakfast was nothing to write home about but not much different than the other hotels we stayed at in Italy.
I would recommend this hotel!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple