“Nice apartement, good price & location”

Adonis House Taksim
Ranked #296 of 1,199 Specialty Lodging in Istanbul
bergen op zoom
“Nice apartement, good price & location”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Adonis garden was a perfect apartment
There is fast wifi, satellite tv, and it is fairly clean, the bedroom had a fine, clean and good bed.
You can cook by yourself in the kitchen, but that is not necessary, we've only used the boilcooker for tea and coffee. You can eat almost  everywhere because the restaurants are very good and very reasonably priced.
Adonis-house is only a 5 minute walk from the busy Taksim Square.
Ahmet the owner was very friendly and helpful and he spreaks English very well.
If you have problems you can walk to Ahmet for help, his Office is located 2 minutes from the apartment.
Istanbul is hip, cool, busy, and full of culture.
This was the first trip to isanbul but I love Istanbul,
And you can walk around for days, weeks, or even a month without getting bored.
Next year we certainly will visit Istanbul again, and we would love to return to Ahmet's wonderful Adonis-apartments.
Ahmet thank you for a nice stay and we will see you next year or maybe in Antwerpen!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Ahmet Y, Owner at Adonis House Taksim, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Dear autechre100,
It was nice to have you in one of my apartments,
Thank you for your nice words and hope to visit Antwerp one day.
Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
St. Paul's Bay, Malta
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Me and my friend really enjoyed our stay at this apartment. The location is quite central with only 5 minutes away by foot from Taksim square. The room was clean and modern with all facilities needed. The owner was extremely friendly and gave us various suggestions on what to visit and how to get around. On top of all this, the price was really good!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We made our reservation through the AirBNB website that has a very nice description of this property, for a trip to Istanbul in september 2012. The property has nice photos and reviews !. Also, Adonis House Taksim has their own website with very nice photos and presentation of the place.

With this in mind,I was very surprised upon check-in with what I actually found.
The property is located inside a maze of quite run down streets, about 10 minutes walk from Taksim, also quite steep hills to climb, though this cannot be blamed on the owner of course, as it can be quite common in Istanbul.

I was less then impressed with location, neighbourhood, cleanliness and upkeep of the property.

Pictures usually speaks for them self, so I have attached some of the pictures from my room. You be the judge.

If you ever consider using the services of AirBNB you should read, very carefully their cancellation policy. AirBNB have VERY strict cancellation rules, I know now !

Upon check-in I immediately went online to cancel the rest of my stay (total of 6 nights), as we wanted to leave as soon as possible.

I ended up having to pay in full for the first 2 nights of the stay. Then I was only refunded 50 % of the remaining 4 nights ! Be aware, there are small prints stating this policy, so once you book with AIRBNB you have no way out. Legally they have covered them self, by referring to the stated cancellation policy.

However, as I had taken this trip to Istanbul to enjoy the city and my stay, I had to leave the property, and check into a hotel for the remaining 4 nights, costing me another 600 euro.

So that was my first and last booking at this property, and certainly my last attempt to book via AirBNB

On the upside, the host was helpful with the arrival procedures, and responded in a prompt manner during the booking process..

B.K

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank kratama
Ahmet Y, Manager at Adonis House Taksim, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you very much for this long long explanations. I have been running the place more than 2 years this is the first time i am getting this kind of review.
I would suggest other potential guest of my that Istanbul is one of the oldest cities on earth, did you know that istanbul underground (only one line of it) even older than London underground. We , Turks trying to keep old face of the city and also renovating the city as fast as possible. It is our destiny that whenever we try to renovate the city united nations, unicef and all other similar organisations stooping us b'ecose the city is in the list of world heritage, the result is like dear Kratama says, streets have some rundown buildings.... I have been many old cities around the world and i enjoyed every minute of it and the spirit of that old cites... that is why i am in love with istanbul. Thank YOu!
Istanbul
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Good services , very clean room , Ahmet the owner I think , was extremely helpful , the location is near the taksim square and all commodities .

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Ahmet Y, Owner at Adonis House Taksim, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Dear skander d,
thank you for your stay, we are happy to hear you enjoyed staying with us.
Regards,
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Leaving Istanbul was extra hard for me to do this year and a lot of it had to do with Adonis House. I was already familiar with the neighborhood and really felt at home staying here. From day one Ahmet was extremely helpful with any questions I had about traveling outside of the city. He spent extra time researching things for us on the web and making phone calls. With my coming and going I stayed in 4 different apts and they were all wonderful and an excellent deal. Clean, modern, big, and in an excellent location. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed August 2012