“the best coffee you can get”
Review of Kronotrop

Kronotrop
Ranked #39 of 193 Coffee & Tea in Istanbul
Neighborhood: Beyoglu
Description: Kronotrop Coffee Bar & Roastery aims to take the “specialty coffee” trend to its highest level. Kronotrop vies to be “the peak of coffee experience”.
İstanbul, Türkiye
“the best coffee you can get”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

he roasts and brews! small but effective shop for coffee lovers. I change my route to work just to get a fresh cappucino or espresso to start my day with a perfect cup of coffee. there is no other place you can get that.

• Visited July 2012
3 Thank femgucluturk

• Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Hawaii
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“hands up for Kronotrop”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I love my coffee. Wherever I go I search for it.. We all know Turks started the coffee business and for a while we haven't heard from them.. It seems like Kronotrop is a braking away from the silence.. During my ten day stay in Istanbul I visited Kronotrop everyday and I was delighted to find gourmet coffees supplied from different countries.. I did not only enjoy my tasty coffee but also had a pleasure of meeting and talking to its eccentric owner Catay about the world of coffee.. Highly recommended, if you pass by Istanbul don't miss this small jewel. You don't drink coffee?? Well Konotrop might change your mind forever..

Santiago, Region Metropolitana, Chile
“One of a kind...”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

A coffee shop like this one is hard to come by not only in istanbul but anywhere in the world. They not only roast their single origin coffees but they have also mastered the art of coffee making. Thanks to whoever is behind this project. And coffee fans, dont miss this one.

Astoria, New York
“Best coffee I have ever had!”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

As my friends and I were visiting Istanbul, we were asking around who has the best coffee there and we were recommended to a place named KronotRop...I am glad that we listened because this place hands down was the best coffee I have ever had! Coffee is a must for me as I am sure many others can relate to, but this is like a whole other category of amazing! I made sure to go each morning and afternoon to try something different on the menu no matter where we were wandering around sightseeing that day and nothing I tried disappointed. Awesome spot, very chill vibe and stylish setting and EACH cup of coffee made fresh to order...seriously can't get any better than that. There is so many awesome people and places in Istanbul make sure to put this place as one of your go to stops!

istanbul
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“the first ever micro roastery-speciality coffee shop in istanbul”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Gourmet, direct trade, fair trade, direct relationship, organic, single origin, premium etc..whatever you call it (all coffee beans that gets 80 or above points on a 100 point scale) , these are the trademarks of the “third wave” specialty coffee revolution alongside with fresh roasting and perfect brewing-extraction. In this sense, KRONOTROP is the first of its kind in İstanbul and Turkey-the first micro roastery/micro brewery and takeaway coffee shop that relies on the codes and principles of coffee associations worldwide. It considers coffee to be an artisanal product and treats it as an high quality culinary ingredient. Think about Stumptown, Intelligentsia, Seven Seeds, Thanksgiving Coffee, Counter Culture and many more. From roasting freshly to the extraction on high-end machines, you will get the best aromas and flavours on your cup whether it is an espresso, latte, cappucino, flat white etc. Coffees are supplied from all around the world and from many different countries such as Bolivia, Ruanda, Kenya, Brasil, Honduras .. And thanks to the Japanese cold brew method, all the possible positive qualities of these very special beans will be reflected on so many different kinds of iced coffees.

• Visited May 2012