“Great Week In A Beautiful City!!!”

Istanbul Custom Tours-Private Day Tours
Ranked #5 of 409 Tours in Istanbul
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Whether you are interested in history, architecture, or how to brew the perfect Turkish tea, Istanbul Local Guides has you covered! We are ready to take you around Istanbul or all of Turkey, for one day or the duration of your trip. Istanbul Local Guides are just that locals who care deeply about making your trip to our beautiful country an experience you will remember for a lifetime. Delight in the sights, sounds, and smells of Istanbul: no other city on earth straddles two continents -Europe and Asia- and has been home to three great empires (Roman, Byzantine, and Ottoman). In a city like this, it's important to have a local friend who can help you to navigate, all the while ensuring you the most personal experience possible. Istanbul Local Guides will fascinate you with the story of Hagia Sophia and the Blue Mosque, will wander with you (and help you bargain!) in our bazaars and spice markets, and host you in our favorite restaurants off the tourist track. If your interest is modern Turkish culture and politics, discovering the very best Turkish kebabs, or anything in between, we'll tailor-make a trip just for you. With Istanbul Local Guides, you'll get knowledgeable, experienced, and very friendly guides, all at an affordable rate. We specialize in private Istanbul tours, Cappadocia tours, Ephesus tours, Turkey Tours. Besides the classic tours, we offer you custom made tours. Should your travels in Turkey extend beyond magnificent Istanbul, rest assured that Istanbul Local Guides is there to help you on every leg of your journey.
Houston, Texas
“Great Week In A Beautiful City!!!”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

We would like to say thank you to Aykut, and our amazing guides Necip and Abdil for the amazing time we spent in Istanbul. Everything was perfect and very well organized. Guides are very friendly and knowledgeable. Will recommend to all my friends and family.

Belo Horizonte, MG
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 87 helpful votes
“So glad I hired their services!”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I went to Istanbul for a couple of days back in December 2013 with a group of 11 people and we hired the services of Aykut and his team to guide us during our stay in the city.
I believe I couldn't have made a better choice.

Necip was our guide during this period and he was certainly one of the most professional and knowledgeable guides I've ever met during my travels. I don't know the other guides working for this company, but should you get in touch with Aykut to hire a guide or book a tour, I can guarantee you won't regret if you ask for Necip to be your tour leader.

Thanks Aykut / Necip for such a great time in Istanbul, everything was just perfect!

2 Thank J_Guilherme_R_S
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
104 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 153 helpful votes
“A Lovely Experience”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We called the day before we wanted to venture out to see if we could get a tour. But we needed to know the price first. It was definitely not a cheap venture, but well worth the sticker price. (320USD for my family of 4). Our tour guide was running a wee bit late due to the overwhelming traffic that is typical in Istanbul, but we apologized and we were on our way. We chose to take the 2 continents tour as we felt that having someone drive us personally to all of the sites was best for us. Our guide Selahattin spoke English very well and gave us a lovely commentary on all of the places he took us, letting us go along at a pace that worked with my 2 young boys (ages 8 and 5). We went to the Dolmabahce Palace, Camlica Hill, a boat tour down the Bosphorus, through the Spice Market, to the Underground mosque and to Taksim Square. (We also had a lunch break.) All of this included the admission prices to the venues as well as private van and driver to pick us up and drop us off at the locations with minimal walking required. Most everything in Istanbul is labeled in Turkish with no subtext in any other languages. If you want to get the most out of seeing the city, I highly recommend taking a tour with this company and getting a large amount of knowledge about the sites as well as all of your questions answered.

5 Thank Hoagy74
fife scotland
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“The Best And Only Way To See Istanbul”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We were a party of 5 visiting Istanbul for 5 Nights. We found Aykut's services via Tripadvisor and Can't be happy enough with the service. It was exceptional from pick up at the airport till drop off back at the airport 5 days later. We stayed at The Hilton Istanbul and had a private vehicle pick us up every morning to take us on our tour. Aykut was not personally available for our trip so he provided us with Necip who was excellent. Every thing was booked by email and the tour was very very flexible. We changed tours on the day and never left the hotel on time (our own fault) but Necip accommodated us perfectly. Please if you want to do a proper historic tour of the great city of Istanbul look no further than Aytuk and Necip. They are the best at what they do. Thanks Guys for a memorable visit and hope to see you in Scotland very soon.

Visited November 2013
4 Thank syeed786
Dixon, Illinois
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 111 helpful votes
“Aykut is a qualified professional and excellent host”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

When my wife and I arrived in Istanbul on our cruise ship, we had already had three guided tours at other ports from highly recommended companies. Our first day in Istanbul was just a half-day, and we had several negative experiences with aggressive merchants and con-artists.

So, at the beginning of our full-day tour on day 2, I was skeptical. But Aykut (eye-koot) was the consummate professional ... polite, intelligent, qualified, always alert to the needs of the group and ready to make impromptu changes as needed. I believe he was the best tour guide of our entire 10-day cruise. Throughout the tour, we felt safe, well cared for, and educated by one of the best. (He said he had four years of formal training and many more years of experience.)

Knowing that Topkapi Palace was closed, Aykut improvised and added a boat tour up the Bosporus. Fabulous!

When we went to the Grand Bazaar, he kindly steered us to the Spice Market instead because the merchants are more professional, not so pushy, and no negotiating is needed. He even personally led my wife and I to the section that sells fabrics. We had an excellent experience in the Spice Market and purchased several (non-spice) items at very good prices.

To top it all off, he made sure we had time at the end of our long day to stop at one of the best places for baklava and tea. He even picked up the tab!

We were pleased to give him a good tip. He was worth every Turkish Lira we spent. Aykut turned a negative Istanbul experience into a wonderful memory. I recommend him enthusiastically.

10 Thank TRW1952