“Inexpensive Hotel, Good Location & Friendly Staff”
Review of Marble Hotel

Marble Hotel
Ranked #973 of 1,151 Hotels in Istanbul
Wiesbaden, Germany
“Inexpensive Hotel, Good Location & Friendly Staff”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

If you are looking for an inexpensive hotel that is right next door to Istiklal Shopping district, then this is a ideal place. Although this was a cheap hotel, there was free Turkish breakfast with a view of the Bosphoros, and free internet with no charge. The rooms were clean including the bathroom, however the television is old, and the furniture and twin beds looked like they needed to be refurbished. What I liked about the hotel-- 24-hour room service that served sandwiches and salads with an inexpensive menu, friendly English speaking staff, a mini-market next door that sold everything, a money-exchanger next door, and the close proximity to most popular Taksim and Istiklal shopping district, and the many types of restaurants and cafes on Istiklal street. The heater did not work well, but it was okay-there were blankets, I hardly was in the room. If you are on a tight budget, then, I recommend staying at this no frill hotel since you can take advantage of the free breakfast, and free internet service. I could not believe I ordered 3 full meals with tea and mineral water, and it cost me a total of $22.00 USD! Stay on the back side of the hotel, so you won't hear the noise from the disco and the people on the street.

Room Tip: Request to stay on the side of the hotel that is not facing the main street, so you will not hear th...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank DeeAnn18

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Marble Hotel can be recommended for a very good location, good value for money, and highly above the average breakfast. The view on Bosphorus was just great.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

Egypt
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Not as I expected.The bed mattress hurt me and needs to be renewed.The location and room view was excellent .I would think twice before staying there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Mohamed M
Zagreb
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Stayed here for three nights in May, did not book it myself but got a package with a tour agency. I guess the entire hotel is booked by tour agencies and it shows - it is plain to see they do not put much effort in maintenance or customer satisfaction as there will always be some gullible tourist brought in by an agency.

It is somewhat clean, in a good are to explore the city, breakfast is very good (the only thing I was happy about), but I felt I was stuck in the 70's.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Istanbul hotels

Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed August 29, 2012

very good location as it is very near to taksim square..but very very very small rooms and the a/c wasnt good...breakfast is good but not excellent..my opinion is that the stay near taksim must not be more than 3 nights then explore other areas in istanbul

Room Tip: all rooms are same..but try to be in higher floor to avoid noise
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank celio101
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I stayed at this hotel around 2 years ago, and now that I wanted to go back to istanbul and looking for a place to stay, it all came back to me.
If you are lucky enough to get a room in higher floors with the sea view you might enjoy it. But they put us in a lower floor room facing the street (it's a very busy street, and it is busy till 3/4 am). we visited istanbul during the summer and it was pretty hot at the time, and to our surprise the air conditioner was not working, so we had to leave the window open. You can imagine how it feels being in a hot room with a lot of noise from outside (I remember there was a club just beside the hotel with very powerful speakers which you could hear the music even from outside). None of us could get enough sleep and we were dragging ourselves out in the city the next morning.

We told the staff but they were just saying we cannot fix the AC and there is no other room available, there will be one available tomorrow. The next day the same thing happened and also the day after. We went there with a Tour, so we told the tour leader about the situation and asked her to change our hotel and we will pay the difference. When she called the Marble hotel and brought up the issue, they said we have many free rooms available and we have told them they can move to a better room already !!!!!!?!?!!? And when we went back they moved us to a new room. It was facing the street but with AC available and windows closed it was way better than the first room they gave us.

The fact that they did know about the situation, had rooms available and bs us is not acceptable at all, and made the first three day of our trip a nightmare (we stayed there for a week, so half of it was not even close to fun).

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank antimoan
Cairo
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I stayed in this hotel on August 2012.

When I arrived at the hotel the check in was easy and quick, front desk employees were nice and friendly.

first impression about the room was good, it is not big or small, my room view was not great looking at another hotel so I had to keep my curtains closed all time to protect my privacy.

The AC was not bad but it was too slow, it took nearly 20 minutes until it cooled the room.

TV was an old CRT TV , the remote control was not working and the channels variety was not really good.

The safe inside the room was not working but I did not care much about these details because I read the reviews about the hotel before arriving and I didn't complain to the hotel employees because I read in the reviews that usually they won't do much to solve these complaints.

Hotel location is very good, 3 minutes away from Takseem square and Metro station, 2 minutes away from Istiklal street.

My room was very close to the elevator and this is a very bad thing, I woke up several times when people made noise while waiting for the elevator or coming out of it.

breakfast is very good and the restaurant staff is very polite and friendly. The restaurant itself is very beautiful with a magnificent Bosphorus view.

There is an exchange office under the hotel and a big super market few seconds away.

Room Tip: Make sure your room is not close to the elevator
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo