“Very well located.”

Ranked #94 of 1,141 Hotels in Istanbul
Barcelona, Spain
“Very well located.”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

First of all I would like to say that after I did the reservation through their own page I got an email from them asking for my flight. They came to the airport to pick me up for free!!! I arrived so early and they had one room ready for me. Actually the room was so small but it was ok, i didn´t need more.
The hotel was very well located, in the center of the old city (5 minuts walking to the Blue Mosque and St. Sophia and other important things like the Grand Bazar).
In the same street than the hotel there were many good restaurants where we were treated very well. Most of that restaurants have terrace with TV. If you like football you can watch it there. The staff of the restaurants were very nice and the food was amazing.
The breakfast was the same during my 6 days, so maybe they should have different things just to sourprise the guest the next day.
I would change one thing. I went 2 days to the pool and there were nobody working there. No clean towells and wet floor all the time.
The reception staff were very nice during my all stay there but they did a mystake with my colleague who arrived after me and they charged twice the shutle to the airport. As he left the hotel so early and with no time to discuss when I did the check out they gave me a present to him because they realized the mystake.
Actually there was an other thing I didn´t like. My sister who is living there came to the hotel to visit me and she was no able to get to my room because no guests could not go to rooms even if its for a while.

Room Tip: I realized that most of the rooms were small.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 6, 2013

The staff are welcoming and delightful, I've never had such great service in my travels! As soon as you walk in the door you are given a beverage and a gift. The rooms and the common areas are beautiful too. Breakfast was delicious and the Turkish bath was a relaxing end to the day. The free Wifi was nice surprise, it was pretty fast. The location to the sites is perfect for strolling and shopping. There is a trolly near by if you'd like to explore other parts of the city.

Room Tip: The hotel has an elevator so it is easy to get to all of the rooms.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank AmberS581
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed April 2, 2013

After reading reviews here, we decided to give it a try and we think it was the best decision! The hotel has a perfect location for all of the major attractions. It is located centrally and connected by public transportation, which we found quite useful. The rooms are big (compared to other hotel rooms in Istanbul). If you are from the US, you have to understand that not all the rooms are as big as in the US, but this was enough, since we don't spend much time in the room. It is simple, yet elegant decor. Bed was very comfortable, and bathroom was clean, even though our toilet had a bit of a leak (just fresh water, nothing major). They provide you a robe and slippers which is such a nice touch. There is also a safe, which is very convenient. Also, there is a mini fridge. Our room faced the street with traffic, but it was not loud. I guess the rooms facing the entrance street are better, since cars are not allowed. Now that is the only bad part if you have big suitcases, since the taxi drops you off at the end of the street and you have to walk down to the hotel. We only had small suitcases on wheels with us, so it was not a problem, but if you plan on having more luggage and do not have wheels, I would say than this is not a hotel for you. If you've never been to a Muslim country, you have to understand that there is a call for prayer (Imam calls people for prayer over a loud speaker) in the middle of the night (2 hours after the sunset AND 2 hours before sunrise), which during the summer can be around 11pm and 3:30am. Therefore, be prepared to be awoken in the night until you get used to it, or you might not get used to it at all. This hotel is close to one of the mosques, but still far enough, since it could be a lot worse!

There is a complimentary breakfast every morning that is wonderful! I really enjoyed it and it made for such a great start. The dining room is very nicely decorated and there are plenty of traditional dishes mixed with classic eggs, bread, butter, jam... there is something for everyone.

Hotel also has a pool that is nothing special, but still there if you'd like to use it.

Staff is REALLY friendly and attentive. I think the guys names were Ali and Halil. Ali was super nice and spoke English quite well. They helped us with all the bookings and gave us excellent suggestions.

All in all I would recommend this hotel to anyone that is looking for a good location with a reasonable price.

Room Tip: End of the hallway and facing the pedestrian side.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank mamasanja
newcastle
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Great location in Old City close to Blue Mosque Topkapi Palace, Grand Bazaar and Spice Market.
Hotel good, rooms small but well appointed, breakfast adequate.
Next door mini mart for drinks and snacks. Tea making facilities in room.
Free Wifi a bonus.

Breakfast and evening meal adequate.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank colindmil
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

When we checked in they gave us turkish delight and tea then we went to our room and it was spacious,clean and comfortable. The location was perfect and they had very helpful staff. It was a delightful stay.

Stayed December 2012
2 Thank Matthew J
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Very well placed for visiting, for shopping, friendly personal and very clean! If I shall come back to Istambul I will stay here again. And of course, I recomand to anybody. It was one of the best hotel, becouse it was everything I want: clean, quiet, good food, very good beds, pool, sauna...It is not lux, but I do not want that.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with fru.pl

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Hertfordshire
Reviewed March 25, 2013

My partner and I have just returned from a long weekend in Istanbul and we stayed at The Hotel Sapphire. Not only is it in a great location within easy walking distance of all the attractions in the Old Town and a few minutes' walk to the ferry, the staff are very friendly and attentive. The breakfast was lovely and varied, including freshly made to order omelettes. Plenty of places to eat and drink very close by and very near a tram stop.

Our only regret is that we didn't stay longer!

Room Tip: As the hotel is in the Old Town the rooms are small (and so is the bathroom) but they do explain thi...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple