“Totally satisfied...”

istanbul
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 10,740 helpful votes
“Totally satisfied...”
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

We have attended to one of our suppliers party at his hotel and liked it very much.First of all,service staff was very kind,efficient and helpfull.The quality of the food served at the banquet was very good.We decided to come back and stay at this hotel on the first available occasion to check it throughly.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
ramadakaya, Guest Relations Officer at Ramada Kaya Plaza Istanbul Hotel, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at Kaya Ramada Plaza Hotel.
We very much appreciate your positive feedback regarding our food & beverage facilities and we would also like to thank you sincerely for your kind comments regarding our colleagues and their fine service quality.

We are looking forward to having you stay at our hotel again soon.

Kindest regards

Selma Erdem
Guest Relations Officer
Selma.Erdem@kayaramada.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 11, 2013

It's not often that one incident can mar a visit but this seem to sum up my stay. I was in for two nights and first night ate in the unremarkable bar. Not great but not many hotels do good bar food. The next day I had a free afternoon. The indoor pool was noisy and humid so i tried to find somewhere outside to sit read and have a coffee. there is nothing, repeat nothing within walking distance so I settled for a coffee on the patio in front of the hotel where several guests were sitting. After sitting for ten minutes I went to reception to enquire about service, they assure me someone would be out. A waitress came out, ignored me went back in. I went in and found her, ordered a coffee.. it never appeared... after 20 minutes I ordered again. It came with little apology.
Breakfast was ok, internet wireless was awful, wired almost acceptable...
Room was ok, but it did have excellent blackout curtains and good ac.
So all a bit rubbish and not what I would have expected...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
ramadakaya, Guest Relation Officer at Ramada Kaya Plaza Istanbul Hotel, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Jon B,

First of all I would like to thank you very much for taking the time and sharing your comment on Trip advisor; we really appreciate it and value our esteemed guest’s opinion such as you very much.

We take this cases very seriously and I have followed up internally with our IT and F&B Manager to attempt to identify why the problems occurred and how we can ensure they do not happen again in the future.
Thank you again for letting us know where we can improve, as it will only make us better.

I am looking forward to welcome you again in Kaya Ramada Plaza Hotel.. On your second stay as I see & promise you that next visit the trend will be better your expectation.

Selma Erdem
Guest Relation Officer
New Bern, North Carolina
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This was booked by a travel agent for a business meeting and I had a lot of trepidation after reading the earlier reviews. This is a beautiful property and far, far superior to any Ramada where I have had occasion to stay. There has been a complete change of management, and I found none of the problems cited in previous reviews. This is a business and conference hotel next to a large expo center, located a district similar to La Defense in Paris. It is not a venue for a holiday or for playing tourist in Istanbul, altough it is possible to get to the old city via Metro Bus and taxi. I found the key staff to be English fluent (as are all of the printed materials in the hotel), and Ahmet the rooms manager and Selma the concierge are the "can do, go to" people if you encounter a probl,em. The Rolling Rock Cafe (a Hard Rock Cafe knockoff) is a fun American/Mex menu, but also a great Turkish specialities buffet on some nights. The fine dining restaurant, The Summit, has awesome views, great service and food at prices far below what you woluld expect to find in a five star hotel. The breakfast buffet is more than adequate and goes beyond most. A ten minute cab ride away is a beach area with a lot of boardwalk and tons of restaurants. I used the hard wired ethernet and had no problem at all. Bottom line - if you are coming here for business - you lucked out - give them a smile and a chance and they will spoil you rotten!

Room Tip: If you have any problem. reach out to Ahmet, the rooms division manager or Selma the concierge.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank GringoDave47
ramadakaya, Rooms Division Manager at Ramada Kaya Plaza Istanbul Hotel, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Mr. Dave ,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking your valuable time to write your comments regarding your recent experience at the Kaya Ramada Hotel Istanbul.

Your kind comments and words encourage us once more that we are on the right track as our aim is to provide best stay for our guests and even exceed their expectations.

These kind comments and true feed back such as yours are the best tool for us to maintain but further improve our quality and service.

I look forward to welcoming you again to the Kaya Ramada Plaza Hotel and you may sure of that you will see many smiling face.

Ahmet Korkut
Rooms Division Director

Yours sincerely,
Kostrena Sveta Barbara, Primorsko-Goranska, Croatia
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Nice hotel with horrible wifi internet solutions (unless you pay for it) you get one hour free, it is everithing but user friendly, and very, very slow, also breakfast could be better for 5 star hotel, rooms are clean and comfortable, staff is helpfull. Overall it was nice stay and if wifi was functioning properly it would be perfect.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Goran_72
Adana, Turkey
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I stayed in Kaya Ramada for three nights during my visit to Automechanika 2013 fair. It has an excellent location just next to TUYAP the convention center. Considering Istanbul's horrible traffic jams its location makes it bearable. I had my dinner as an open buffet and got surprized that it was perfect. In the hall we had dinner there was live music. It started in a vey relaxing mood making the food even tastier. However as the night progressed the singer was out of control and became unbearable. One friendly suggestion Eat your food as much earlier then he gets out of control as possible. Breakfast was great too. One more tip. Do not have your breakfast early in the morning because they are preparing the vegatables quite early and putting on the shelf almost frozen. Tomatoes were half frozen and in evitably cucumbers were ruined. The rest was good though. Staff was friendly and helpful. This was my second stay in the hotel. My first stay was horrible. The rooms are quite small and ventilation is quite poor sleep quality is high and the rooms are neither clean nor dirty. In between. Overall in my next visit to fair i would be staying in KAYA RAMADA again because there is no other choice.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Mustafa O
ramadakaya, Rooms Division Manager at Ramada Kaya Plaza Istanbul Hotel, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Mr.Mustafa ;

Your feedback encourage us towards our aim to deliver, heartfelt, genuine care, personalized and uncompromising service in all guest interactions. I would like to share that with you renovation is continue step by step in Kaya Ramada Plaza. As a talent team our aim to listen our guest for improve the quality expand the expectations. In this context your detailed & constructive feedback will show me the way for retrain & reorganized my team. I have already started to implemented the tips that you point out on Trip advisor. We farewell you with good improvement on your second stay as I see & promise you that next visit the trend will be better your expectation. I am looking forward to welcome you again & again in Kaya Ramada Plaza Hotel.

Warmest Regards from Istanbul

Ahmet Korkut
Rooms Division Manager
Ahmet.Korkut@kayaramada.com
Katsdorf, Austria
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Last time I was here, I thought that 5 stars are really not worth for this hotel. But in the last half year they seem to improve a lot of things. The room I got was really nice, no bad smells, a really clean bathroom, a flat-TV with many channels ... only the costs for Internet connections are too high.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
serbia
Reviewed January 23, 2013

It's not a five star hotel. Food is very good, as well as the spa and the conference facilities, but you need to pay for the Internet + the hotel is in the middle of nowhere - the city center is on 2.5 hours drive by public transport.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank maja48
Also consider these accommodations in or near Istanbul
Euro Park Otel
#680 of 1,150 in Istanbul
Beymarmara Suite Hotel
Beymarmara Suite Hotel
#947 of 1,150 in Istanbul

Been to Ramada Kaya Plaza Istanbul Hotel? Share your experiences!