“Surely not a "Hilton"”

Ranked #245 of 1,135 Hotels in Istanbul
Bengaluru, India
“Surely not a "Hilton"”
Reviewed September 19, 2010

I was in Istanbul with my wife for the U2 Concert in the first week of September. Having had a good experience with Hilton in India and UK decided on going ahead with the Hilton at Istanbul. To my horror it was nothing like any Hilton..was like a very ordinary budget B&B.

Hilton must seriously consider rebranding such properties to avoid misleading consumers. To make matters worse at 200 euros a night it was budget accomodation pricing. And the price vs value just didnt exist..the bed, bed sheets, towels nothing felt world class.

The lady at the reception and the guard at the doorway were fab- very helpful always cheerful and sweet.

The break fast was the same stuff and we stayed 4 nights so was quite tired of the spread by day two. The staff at the breakfast were sweet. the fresh orange juice was really fresh!

I think this place is not worth beyond 65 Euros! The location is good and would recommend the swissotel just down road for stay, food, spa etc..

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed August 17, 2010

My husband and I stayed here on our trip to Istanbul, in November 2009. The hotel is good, not much to say about it. Staff and reception quite friendly. Breakfast selection was good, although I did pull down the entire blinds while trying to protect myself from the glaring sun; but the manager was quite patient and was not rude at my clumsiness. Also, I was suffering with a bit of fever during the 2nd day and the receptionist was very helpful with providing info to my husband about the nearby pharmacies.
Location is ok. There is a park right outside the hotel where you can take a cable car to the other Hilton hotel.
The air conditioner did not work, even though it was winter, we needed the ac as the room would get stuffy in few minutes time, but we kept the windows open at night and managed to sleep well.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Yakutsk, Russia
Reviewed August 12, 2010

Myself and my girlfriend had a one night stay at the 'Baby Hilton' in Istanbul in mid July.

Lovely hotel, tidy, helpful staff, good room, free fruit bowl. You can even use the Big Hilton's swimming pool, the porter will call you a taxi. Costs about 5TL to get to the other Hilton. Breakfast on the top floor which has great views over the Bosphorus.

However, the stay was slightly spoilt when we were given a bill sheet at breakfast that said we had to pay 45TL each for the buffet! My reservation under the "Great Getaway" offer stated breakfast included, reception disagreed and tried to tell me that the words "BUFFET BREAKFAST INCLUDED" only meant that it was a feature of the hotel!!

I then showed them their online booking system page which stated that breakfast is explicitly included for the offer I booked. Eventually I wasn't charged after arguing it out, but still, a person shouldn't have to put up with that hassle when they're trying to enjoy what would have been a fabulous breakfast..........

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Beijing, China
Reviewed July 8, 2010

There are pretty close two Hilton hotels in Istanbul. The big one is called as Istanbul Hilton and this one is called ParkSA Hilton. The ParkSA Hilton is 4 star unlike the big 5-star Hilton and doesn’t have any garden or swimming pool. It is location is central but in the morning and evening time it is difficult to find a taxi in this area and walking is not really an option (either up-hill Taksim or down-hill to Besiktas)

Parking should be either problematic and/or too expensive.

Food, rather 5 star standard than 4 star. I like the breakfast and dinner there, the view is not perfect but you still see the Bosporus.

Rooms are clean mid-size and silent.

Normally it is at least 30% off price to compare to big-Hilton.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed June 9, 2010

The Hilton ParkSA is conventionally located in Istanbul near a large park and is close to many tourist attractions. I stayed here one night for business and received excellent customer service. The rooftop restaurant and bar offers an impressive view of the city, river and the Asian side of Istanbul. The food was outstanding and was moderately priced. Like others have noted, the rooms are a bit small and somewhat outdated. I was in room 118 that has a view of a fence (see the pictures). The benefit to this room is that it is *extremely* quiet and is in a low traffic area of the hotel. All in all, this is a good hotel and I will stay here again if the opportunity presents itself.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed June 5, 2010

Charged for an extra night for early check in
Baby kept crying in next room - terrible wall sound insulation, kids in executive floor
Renovation Drilling and wall banging

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank Premise_Chairman
Nurmijarvi, Finland
Reviewed February 1, 2010

like others have written the rooms are really small and there is barely room to walk around the end of the bed (despite the hotel having small-ish lcd TV's, not that the picture is any good since they are dim and fuzzy). I booked a so called "executive floor" room with access to the executive lounge. First of all there is no "executive floor" but instead they count the rooms with a view of the Bosporus as "executive", those on the other side of the corridor are identical in size but not "executive". Your money does get you some benefits though - bathroom scales, an iron, ironing board and larger size bathroom amenities - photo is attached so you know to spend that extra money! The so called executive lounge is next to reception with a fine view of the road and car park, hardly the nice place on the same floor that you can pop over to like at Athens Hilton for a drink and read of the newspaper and to no surprise I almost never saw anyone in there during the day.
My first "executive room" was on the third floor with a tiny slice of the Bosporus visible (I paid the rate for the executive room so this was not a free upgrade). I asked for a higher room but was told that only floors 1-3 were non smoking, but I said I wouldn't mind and got instead one on the 4th floor which totally stank of tobacco, more than any smoking room I have stayed in. I changed it the next day to a room without Bosporus view but almost twice the size (there is only one of these on the 4th floor and perhaps on some other floors but not all of them). This room was not an "executive" one though, so had no view but there was no road noise and it was quite roomy.
Sadly this room had a connecting door and was on a smoking floor, and I soon found my neighbor enjoyed a good cigarette in the evening, so I plugged the gap under the door with some dishwashing sponges from the local supermarket and tissues around the edge - this seemed to cut down the smoke (my room itself did not stink like the previous one). I stayed in this room for the rest of the week, listening to my neighbor chatting and laughing with friends or colleagues each night. Like all rooms the sound travels well between each room, and it wasn't coming through the connecting door as I found out later. I found that out because on the Friday afternoon of my stay workmen started work on the room below, causing so much noise that I could feel the room shake. I moved to the 5th floor - to a non smoking room. Quite a surprise since earlier in the week I was told that non smoking floors were only 1-3, this was for sure a lie to fob me off when I arrived. The new 5th floor room also had one big bed instead of two single ones (another thing I was told did not exist on the upper floors). The new room did not have a connecting door but the sound travelled through the walls just as well, conversations and the neighbors having fun would travel though quite easily although I felt pity for the woman who had barely 30 seconds of "fun" at 7am on Saturday morning.
On check out they tried to charge me for something from the minibar, even though I'd had it emptied the day I arrived!
The bizarre thing was that during my stay I realized I could book the last weekend of my trip at a January weekend special rate less than half what I'd booked. So I changed my check out date and made a new booking for the final weekend at 1/2 the price, but that price included breakfast and free upgrade to an executive room, when the days before were in a normal room with no breakfast for 2.5x the price!! happily they did not mind my tricks with the booking so the last three nights were at quite a cheap rate.
On check out they said they'd look forward to seeing me again but I had to smile since nothing will get me back to this place with the tiny rooms and paper thin walls again.
The location though was quite nice - 5min in a taxi to osmanbey metro station and 10min walk down to besiktas where there were dozens of cafes, restaurants and a ferry terminal. The hotel is at the top of a steep hill though so I got quite a bit of exercise from going up and down the hill.
The staff were very professional and friendly - the lies about which rooms were which not withstanding. Taxis always arrived really quick (barely time to sit down to wait for it).

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business