“Hotel Mina Istanbul - Perfect city break location”
Review of Hotel Mina

Hotel Mina
Ranked #280 of 1,171 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I stayed in Istanbul 3 nights, at Hotel Mina, a three and a half star hotel.
First, the rooms are very clean and you will enjoy your staying. They clean your room every day. Towels looked like they were new. Bathroom looks ok, it has only shower.
Food, breakfast to be more specific, was more than enough. They have: coffee (2 types), tea, orange juice (not fresh juice), cereals, fruits and eggs, ham all that you could eat in the morning.
The view from the restaurant and bar are spectacular, especially at night.
Staff is kind and helpfull.
Tip-worths giving 5/10 euro on the reception for a better room!
Location is more than perfect, you are minutes away (2-3), from the main atractions.
The hotel has no parking place, it costs 15 TL, about 6 euro per day. I found a place right in front of the hotel.
The price I payed next to what I got, was more than ok.
By the way, when I left, I checked out at 13 00 pm, not 12 00 pm, they said that it's no problem, I didn't paid extra.
So the hotel is perfect for a romantic week-end or a get away in Istanbul!

Room Tip: Rooms on the fourth floor have a better view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CorfuRo_Ploiesti

Reviewed June 18, 2012

I enjoyed my stay here. Location was fantastic! It was 5 mins away from a Starbucks and a 10 min walk to the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sofia. I wouldn't book my tours with the hotel, I highly recommend Daily Istanbul Tours. The best part was the rooftop bar. For 5 Euros, you get a beer and a great view of the city., The area was pretty safe and very close to the metro stop ( 5 mins). You could easily take a train to the airport with only 1 easy transfer. You take the T1 from Sultanahment to Zeytinburnu and take the metro (line 1) directly to the airport. Total cost was only 4 TL (about 2 Euros). Also, I recommend getting familiar with the tram lines. Very easy tram to get to Taksim Square with only 1 transfer to a funicular (F1) for a total of 4 TL.

The wifi in the lobby and rooftop bar was excellent but I didn't manage to get a signal on the 5th floor in my room. Rooms were pretty small but pretty clean. One small issue was that they only offered a sheet for a blanket and that isn't my preference. Pillows were comfortable. In my room the shower head was at least 7 ft tall and was hard to reach so the water was only inches away from the wall.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We stayed at Hotel Mina for two nights in June, 2012. The double room was comfortable and clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. The location is convenient. And the rooftop "patio" is a fantastic spot for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and/or drinks.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 7, 2012

My wife and I stayed three nights at the Hotel Mina in April, 2012. It was our first time in Istanbul and the staff at Hotel Mina made it a fabulous experience. They were warm and friendly. The front desk staff were always quick to offer directions to nearby sites, make reservations, and on one occasion they showed me how to turn on the shower in our room - which was surprisingly difficult, I'm embarrassed to admit.

Perhaps the hotel's best feature are the views of the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sofia and the Sea of Marmara, all of which can be seen from the rooftop terrace. The hotel is two short blocks from the Grand Bazaar, and just one block from the metro line.

Our hotel room was smaller than we expected, but it was clean and modern. We had air conditioning and satellite TV. Our room was right across the road from a neighborhood mosque. The early morning prayer call was beautiful to hear, but made sleeping in difficult. We considered it a wake up service.

I most certainly recommend the Mina Hotel to anyone going to Istanbul.

Room Tip: As soon as you set down your bags, take the elevator to the top floor. Walk up another flight of st...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ianbob
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Great location near so many attractions. Walking distance to many restaurants. Booked 4 nights. After check-in we went up to the room to find it was tiny and could hardly walk around the bed. Very stuffy and hot. Also the window was tiny and looked on to the corridor so no daylight at all! We complained to reception desk and were told they would move us to another room next day. Given room looking onto the front of hotel. Nice and bright, with windows that opened right out, but rooms are fairly small and bathrooms small. Breakfast was ok. It's a shame that restaurant staff never smiled at anyone! Fantastic views from the rooftop and nice to relax and have a beer after a days sightseeing. Will recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Stayed. on the front. Ask for 205, 305,405 or around that area. Much quieter than the other side whe...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kimandaussiebob
Reviewed May 8, 2012

This hotel is a great choice.it is an easy walk to the blue mosque and other sites.
the rooms are clean and great shower in the bathroom
The breakfast was good and remember to take up a coffee to the terrace for a great view of the blue mosque we only realised we could do this on the last morning i think you can even take your breakfast up there too dont miss out
The staff are really friendly and helpful nothing was too much trouble they even let us print our boarding passes using their computer behind reception great great customer service
stay at this hotel you will love it

Room Tip: we stayed on 3rd floor was quiet only the call to prayer woke us but that was all part of staying ne...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank airmiles1
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Tourists to Istanbul will be happy to stay in one of the oldest parts of Istanbul called Sultanahmet. The Mina Hotel is nicely located near the Blue Mosque, the train stop, and local bazaars and shops. The reception staff are very helpful to guide guests to their desired locations, and to give advice. The breakfast room is located on the top floor of the hotel commanding a wonderful view of the old city and nearby Bosphorus.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business