“Good Family Stay”

Ranked #388 of 1,129 Hotels in Istanbul
Iran
“Good Family Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

I stayed with my family in Mid September in this hotel. The free shuttles to shopping hubs are very helpful. The staff are very friendly and helpful. But, The entertainment and facilities are not that much fascinating for a family stat.
All in All, It is worth paying for that.!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank RezaDanesh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

The hotel is not close to the very center of Istanbul, but it was a business trip and we needed to be close to the 'Balizza' building, so we would have been satisfied with just the vicinity. Although my husband travels to Istanbul frequently and knows a lot about how the Turks manage their hotels, it was my first visit there and I was really impressed.
Upon arrival, you are fascinated by a really beautiful and spacious lobby. We were greeted by a very polite receptionist, whose English was pretty good, who took less than 2 minutes to check us in. While he was doing that, a porter had picked up our luggage and was already showing us the way.
The room was very nice and well-decorated in a luxurious style ( something you'd expect from a hotel of this rank!) There was carpet on the floor, which really makes you feel at home and gives an aura of warmth. Since it was December, it was just what we needed.
The bathroom was big and clean, equipped with all sorts of good quality toiletries and other necessity kits.
The dining area, including the choice of food and its taste, was more than we expected.
The only thing you might not like, which is not the hotel's fault, is that the traffic in Istanbul is so heavy, it will take the taxi driver about 30 minutes to take you to Taksim, although the hotel is only 3-4 km away.
All in all, it was a wonderful trip and, for me, an extremely good first impression of the city.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Kish Island, Iran
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

I just arrived at this hotel last night (Aug 3 2013), and I am writing this review inside the the hotel using the free wifi connection of hotel room number 524! The internet is pretty fast and free in lobby and rooms. The breakfast is quiet good, the staff are all friendly, professional, helping and communicate in english. The roo. Is clean, larg enough, Lcd IPTV with too many channels. Safebix, free tea/cofee maker, clean bathroom with bath tube, ideal A/C, nice lobby and everything is much better than i expect due to the money I've payed for. The pool is clean and well designed but just not enough beds around it.
Location is good because it is far from the crowd in aksaray, taxsim, istighlal and etc... While you have easy access to downtown useing pilublic transfer near hotel plus the hotel offers free transfer to taxim.
Overally, its a nice place to stay in istanbul, i defenately recommend it and I'll come back again.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Emad_Ladonni
Ankara, Turkey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for business reasons as I was attending a conference within its convention center. With regard to business needs, it is almost perfect. Staff is quiet helpful, facilities are very nice that would respond to all sorts of needs. The rooms are okay, standard rooms that you would find at other places of same quality. I didn't pay for the hotel myself as it was covered by the meeting organization, yet if the numbers I saw at the lobby are correct, I can say it is overpriced. The breakfast is quiet good and wi-fi is free and connection is good at the rooms. If you are there for touristic reasons, you always have to use a taxi to go somewhere, as the location is not at a place where you can walk the distances. I would totally recommend this hotel for business purposes, but advise you look for other alternatives if you only come for touristic reasons.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank JohnDoe049
Onur G, Front Office Manager at Grand Cevahir Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your recent experience in Grand Cevahir Hotel.

We are very pleased to read your comment about the breakfast,room and our staff. We are welcoming both leisure and business guests every year and would like to clarify that our hotel is not far away from the city center, Taksim square is only 3,8 km and Cevahir shopping mall and Sisli area only 1 km away from the hotel. We have also shuttle service from Hotel to Sisli and Taksim square between 9:00 am to 18:00 pm.

We are looking forward to welcoming you in our hotel in the near future and have the oppurtunity to make you happy during your whole stay.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

I stayed here with my wife for 5 nights in late June, 2013 on a trip that combined business with a short vacation. I was very disappointed with the hotel. It's not that the facilities are bad, but for what you get it's VASTLY overpriced. In my case, it didn't matter since I wasn't paying for the room out of my pocket (and in any case, I had to stay there since the conference I was attending was being held at the Grand Cevahir). But for the price you pay it's not even close to what you'd get at a Hyatt or a Sheraton or a Radisson in the US. The room we were in reeked of smoke and you had to be an athlete to climb into the bathtub for a shower. The location is not at all convenient and you need a taxi to get anywhere worth going (unless you actually want to go shopping at the Grand Cevahir mall....). The only reason I'm not rating the place "terrible" is because they have a fabulous breakfast buffet (which was included with the room) and because the staff is generally nice and helpful. If you want a hotel in Istanbul I would suggest avoiding this place and finding something in the old city or in Taksim.

Room Tip: Get the "breakfast included" option if you can.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jay59inPgh
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to get in touch with us to share your recent experience in Grand Cevahir Hotel.

We greatly appreciate both positive and negative comments that made by our guests to achieve the highest quality standards. I would like to inform you that in congress and special periods, hotels have the higher prices in all over the world. Regarding to your comments about the room I will get in touch with the department heads immediately to analize your problems.

Front Office Manager

Travelers are raving about these Istanbul hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

I stayed for 5 days at this hotel it was perfect and clean free wifi available in all parts of hotel even in side rooms, quick chick in and chick out, room was so clean but it is narrow not recommended for triple stay.
There are free but every hour from the hotel to taksim and cevahir malll also they have a hotel taxi goes directly to your destination on meter.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Momani1
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to know that your experience about Grand Cevahir Hotel was enjoyable. Your comments will help us to improve our standarts and services.

Thank you for choosing Grand Cevahir Hotel, and we are looking forward to welcoming you again in the very near future.

Moscow, Russia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

Have stayed several times, by business purpose, as for short stays (2-3 nights), so for 5-6 nights. Positive side is that rooms are rather cozy - nice colours, warm light, comfy bed, it's important if you stay long time. AC is noisy, personally I couldnt sleep with AC on - so was opening the window - and it was even less noisy. But whatever a traveller may need - is not there. Wifi very week, works only in some areas. Shower is fixed to the wall pretty high, so quite incovinient. Location is far from everything, taxi from hotel is more or less OK - but to get back you will pay much more. Restaurant is not bad at all, but usually empty for the dinner, and you have to spend a long time waiting for the waiter to pass by. Food was tasty, though. Breakfasts - for my taste - was not worthy 5*!!! I observed plates with cheese and ham were the same every morning for several days, and third day it already smelled!! still noone renew it. Coffee seems to be a nespresso; no coffeemachines, even for extra money, in breakfast room. And at the end of it all - it was pretty dirty in a room (in not visible places, for example, behind wheelchairs a lot of dust...) But it s a common problem in Turkey, unfortunately.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank thekeypoint
Onur G, Front Office Manager at Grand Cevahir Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

I absolutely appreciate your repeat business, and thank you for your kind words about the room. We are renovating all the Wi-fi system and will be ready in a few days. I am guaranteeing that you will not have any problem about the internet in your next accomodation. We will also consider your comment about the breakfast service and restaurant staff.