Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Sh_Rahimi
Tehran, Iran

Great 4-star hotel

Review of Nippon Hotel
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Nov 21, 2014
Recently stayed in Nippon hotel for 3 nights out of 5 nights trip to Istanbul. Hotel location is in Taksim square. It may be far from his historic sites in Sultanahmet. However, using M2 metro line or T1 tramway, you can easily reach Sultanahmet.
As hotel is near Taksim everything is easily accessible. Hotel staff are generally very polite and helpful.
Stayed in standard room which has adequate space, it has a simple and clean décor, and contains all necessary amenities.
Breakfast was great with enough variety. Free Internet seems to be a bit slow with occasional connectivity problems, so I mostly used my Turkcell sim card for Internet access.
Street noise may bother some people, so try to get a higher floor room.
Overall very good value for money, highly recommended.
Date of stay: November 2014
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
5.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
4.0 of 5 bubblesService
Gizem I, Guest Relations Manager at Nippon Hotel, responded to this review
Responded Dec 1, 2014
Dear Guest ,

Thank you for bringing your experience to our attention. It’s a great pleasure to read that you were satisfied.

We would be happy to welcome you again.

$303
  • Trip.com
    $329
19.8 miles from Nippon Hotel
View more hotels in Istanbul
All reviews taksim square bus stop metro station early check location is excellent reception staff istanbul airport taxis
Selected filters
Reviewed November 12, 2014

Location is great as it is just off Taksim Square which is less than 5 minutes walk away. From Taksim it is easy to take bus, taxi or the metro or jump onto the Big Bus Co tour bus.

The hotel area is very tourist focused with loads of small restaurants and curio shops. It is a busy area but I did not find it noisy so it was easy to fall asleep.

The rooms are well laid out with the standard equipment. Large TV selection with many English language options (movies/news/education/cartoons) among the 200 channels. Room includes minibar, hairdryer, toiletries, slippers, tea/coffee and offers night-time room service. Laundry is available but no iron/ironing board is provided.

Housekeeping was acceptable but could be improved (I dislike used toiletries not be replaced), I was pleasantly surprised by the complementary newspaper on 2 days during my week long stay. Purchase water and soft drinks at one of the nearby stores as the hotel only provides 2 small complimentary bottles of water.

Room tip: Higher floors will reduce the impact of street traffic.
Date of stay: November 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Gizem I, Guest Relations Manager at Nippon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2014

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you to share your detailed comments and points you mentioned which we will look after.

We are looking forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed November 9, 2014

Nice hotel. Odd name but clean and 'does what it says on the tin'. WiFi intermittent, bar excellent and cheap. Not far off main drag. Too far away from Grand Market and mosques. But it was good overall.

Date of stay: September 2014
1  Thank MuchSaid

Dear Guest ,

Thank you for taking your time to review your first stay with us. Hope to see you back here again.

Reviewed November 3, 2014

I recently stayed at the Nippon as my firm was having an event there and the usual hotel (Ritz Carlton) was booked. I must admit, I went in with a predisposed opinion .... and the Nippon surprised and delighted me with their service and quality.

I was upgraded to a corner suite and greeted with a smile. Very nice and the front desk was friendly and warm. The room was clean and nicely furnished, with a comfortable bed.

The only downside about this hotel is the internet in the rooms (at least my room) was too slow to even check email - to the point of frustration. I had to go to the lobby several times during the evening to be able to login and work. It could have just been the location of my room, but really needs to be addressed.

Other than that 1 issue, its a nice property with a good location and friendly staff. Well worth a stay.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Gizem I, Guest Relations Manager at Nippon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2014

Dear Guest ,

We would like to express our happiness regarding your nice comments. It is pleasure to see that how much you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to welcoming and serving you again.

Reviewed October 29, 2014

i stayed in Nippon for 4 nights on a business trip alone. The hotel is right near the Taksim square at the centre of Istambul where the night life is good. It is behind the Point hotel (probably same mangement as the bill contained their logo), where the airport shuttle stops - havatas. It is the cheapest &easiest way - 11 T lira only, I paid 62 t lira for taxi one way, return I took the bus.

The hotel is well located and clean. The room is small with far too many furnitures, and one can easily trip over. There was a welcome bowl of fruits and 2 bottles of water ( free) good jesture.

The breakfast was a disaster for me. There was plenty of choice of dried & fresh fruits, cheese and cold meat and some turkish pastry, none to my liking. I saw some one getting egg bullsye, since I was unsure how they will pick up my accent, I waited meekly ( more about accent later). There was only tea, cofee and water as drink, orange juice was for table service, I tried all sorts of histrionics to gain the attention of the waiter. They seem to enjoy talking to each other than attending to the customers. I saw some people go directly to the waiter to get the orange juice as a treat. Normally I enjoy a hearty breakfast but the service was very poor and I did not feel like spending more time thre and wanted to just get out of there.

The lobby staff were very friendly and helpful They spoke very good english, but I wasn't sure whether they could pick up different accents. I requested a wake up call at 6 am for an early morning ,meeting, got the wake up call at 6:30am inorder not to cause further confusion I rescheduled future meetings to a bit later and avoided any unnecessary stress !

in short a very good clean hotel at the right location..unless you want to go sight seeing in which case I would recommend a hotel in Sultanahmet area where all the tourist sites are. The rooms needs to be decluttered to make space to move around. The service was very variable, some very very good and some appaling.

The room was very hot even with the air con switched on. Had to switch the fan also on, I could hear the noise but room remained warm. The net result was I woke up with a cold every day. Did not have a comfortable sleep.

The hotel will need a good team leader to take the whole staff together forward as it has so many good virtues but let down by a few people who should not be in the hospitality field.

Dear Guest ,

Firstly we would like to thank you for taking time to write your kind detailed comments.We are deeply sorry for caused inconvenience which will be shared with respective department head in order to take the necessary actions.

We do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed October 22, 2014

Just a one night stay so to take the plane connection back home in Europe.
It is in a good position, my room was very very wide, all typical accessories are there (compared to same level hotels), but I was very disappointed by the breakfast. Yes it's the typical continental one, but the choice and the space available are so restricted for such an hotel... Sorry, perhaps I'm particularly hungry in the morning but, compared to a very very close hotel in which I stayed many times before, I remained surprised by the difference.
Price all in all is correct, but I'd have preferred to pay a bit more if I had a better breakfast.
Food for thinking for the Owner ?

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Gizem I, Guest Relations Manager at Nippon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2014

Dear Guest ,

Thank you so much for taking your time to review your stay with us. We appreciate any feedback very much and hope that we will have opportunity to welcome you back soon.