Akgun Istanbul Hotel
$163
$110
$117
  • Restaurant
Angel's Home Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$34
$118
$364
  • Restaurant
All reviewsconnecting flightlobby areabreakfast buffetthe air conditioningreception stafftop floormetroairportraddisonaksaray
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I missed my connection flight because Turkish Airlines told me that the flight which I was taking was overbook and they didn't allow me to fly that day (this is long story). And I got into this hotel. At the beginning I was glad finally to be able to have a sleep and a rest. Next day I had breakfast and after I went for a short walk and had some snacks in the city, when I came back to the hotel I felt myself very weak and chilly, I wasn't sure what exactly it was, later I found our that I got food poisoning. I wondered which food caused me this. I called the reception and asked if they have some medical personnel or some medicine, but instead of being friendly and nice they were sooooo rude and completely indifferent that I shocked because of this kind of attitude.
I was trying to sleep, as I felt terrible pain in my stomach and I couldn't move, I called back to the reception and asked if they can somehow assist me with medicine or call doctor or do something, instead of competent reply I heard again rude answer and later on they asked Turkish Airline to talk to me (where there was another story with that lady from Turkish Airlines, she was yelling at me telling me that it is hotel and they aren't supposed to help me if I have a problem). After all these horror and shocking attitude I somehow managed to ask hotel personnel to send a taxi driver to the drug store to buy me a medicine and again cheating stuff happened, they charged me for the taxi and didn't bring anything telling that they need prescription for a doctor (the medicine which I asked was ordinary permanganat). I didn't sleep the whole night as I was experiencing the most terrible food poisoning in life... Next day I went to American Hospital and doctor gave me prescription and when I was buying the medicines I asked if I can get that permanganat without doctor's prescription and they smiled and told me that they never ask for any prescription for selling that medicine...
What I want to say is that the hotel personnel were so inhuman, they were so rude with their terrible attitude. And I don't recommend this hotel to anybody in any situation, it is better to look for bed and breakfast option rather that staying in this hotel!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Muyassar
yetkili, Director of Sales at Akgun Istanbul Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Your comlaint really suprised us.And we are very sorry.About this situation, but we haven't had
lıke this kind of complaint.By now about our sevice.However we will take notice of your considerations.Hope to see you again yours faitfully.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I spent a night during my transit by Turkish Airways. It was around noon when they took me to the hotel, check in was fast. Nice lunch at the hotel but when I asked for a coffee after, he told me on my face that I have to pay extra, this is not a right attitude by a 5* hotel (3€ is not a big money for me, they would have done this later). Breakfast was ok but not very great.
Stuff in the mini bar was so expensive that I dint even looked at it, infact just 5 mins walk from the hotel you can find Metro station where you can buy whole lot of stuff for the same price. I brought many things and filled the minibar for just 10 €.
One thing I should admit is, the hotel is well connected to the entire city. I dint take a taxi but just Metro and Tram to roam in the city and even to get back to the airport (I just had a backpack which made me easy to walk).
Be careful with the shop inside the hotel, old lady charged me almost thrice for a phone card.
Not a 5* for sure.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
yetkili, Director of Sales at Akgun Istanbul Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

We will take notice of your all complaints.
Thank you for commentaries.Hope to see you again.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was very tired from a 12 hour flight from LAX and got on the subway and got off a Topkopi station found this place across the street and stayed one night. It was a good comfortable rest. The next day I joined my tour in the tourist section of town. I really missed all the room and service I had here cause I didn't find a nicer place on the tour.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for all of your praises.Praise makes us happy criticism makes us better
Hope to see you again.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

We stayed here as part of a tour booked by Friendly Planet. We expected 4 star rooms, service and breakfast but, instead it is worth 2 stars. It is okay as long as you know what you are getting. Service is sporadic amd at best you will get what you need after a couple attempts. It seems staff wants to help but they really have know idea what to do. The room was hot with a fake knob for a/c and heat. The breakfast was ok, but I wouldn't consider eating there if I wasn't staying. I gather it is inexpensive, so save money and stay here, but just keep your expectations low.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank husie
yetkili, Director of Sales at Akgun Istanbul Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

Firstly, thanks for valuable comments.
It is our main aim to improve our services day by day, as five-star hotel.
It would be pleasure for us, if we could find a chance to welcome you in future again.
Best regards.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Turkish airlines send me to this hotel when I am in transit in Istambul. The hotel location is good. There is a good transport connection to the down town of Istambul. The breakfast is very good. There is wi-fi in the room. If I have to pay the hotel I dont use it because for the same price there is many better hotels.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
yetkili, Director of Sales at Akgun Istanbul Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Thank you for all criticisms and commentories.Hope to see you again.
Yours faithfully