“family trip”

Ranked #101 of 1,155 Hotels in Istanbul
Hong Kong
“family trip”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed in Istanbul Aug 2012. The hotel was recommened by a friend. It was outside of the main part of the city, but I must say I preferred that. The subway was just outside. The staff was helpful. The Italian chef Giovanni was amazing.
We went with our kids and they had fun .

Room Tip: corner room bigger and nice view
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank sunflowersunflower
Cigdem T, Manager at Movenpick Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
First of all I would like to thank you very much for taking the time and commenting on our services; we really appreciate it and value our esteemed guests opinion such as you very much.

Your feedback encourage us towards our aim to deliver, heartfelt, genuine care, personalized and uncompromising service in all guest interactions. These comments such as yours are the best tool for us not only to maintain but further improve our quality and service.

It was and will always be our pleasure to ensure your comfort and I look very much forward to welcoming you back at the Mövenpick Hotel each time you visit Istanbul.

Mövenpick Hotel Istanbul

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Jakarta
Reviewed October 20, 2012

The hotel is located in a modern area of Istanbul, about 10 min by car to the Bosphorus.
Very friendly staff, all very clean, rooms are spacious and equipped with modern amenities. Bed was super comfy.
Very helpful front desk and nothing to complain about.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Just got back from Istanbul and I was staying at the Movenpick for 5 nights. Staff are friendly and helpful. It is in a nice location, there are shopping malls nearby if that is what you are interested in doing. The metro station is round the corner and I used this everyday to get to Taksim as Istanbul traffic is well, horrific! And the train to Taksim from Levent took 10 minutes and you can catch connecting lines from Taksim and the hotel is located a little far from the hustle and bustle of Istanbul. However, they did try to charge me for using the mini-bar which we never did use but they did give back my full deposit so overall a good experience at the Movenpick!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Cigdem T, Manager at Movenpick Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, January 9, 2013

Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed October 7, 2012

The hotel is in downtown, its place is very flexible for tourists. Its place is near the metro station, the thing that facilitate your daily trip.
Breakfast is rich and delicious.. it has an indoor pool that is in the first floor, not that lovely and I didn't like it

Room Tip: Choose a room in the highest floor, a view worth million dollars :)
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed September 30, 2012

In summary, one of my best hotel stays. Room was clean and well furnished; reception and guest relation staff very helpful and friendly; food quality is excellent with a nice variety; Metro station a few steps away makes access to various areas of the city within acceptable effort. I was in an executive room but from what I see I can guess that ordinary rooms will not be less elegant. I would definitely recommend this nice hotel.

Room Tip: I got a good rate for an executive room with a nice set of complementary stuff. I think I had an exc...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed several times in Moevenpick Istanbul; i mainly travel to Istanbul for business. Moevenpick is excellent in every aspect. Although i haven’t used the Gym or other leisure amenities all the rest are perfect. The rooms are always clean and nicely done. The service is excellent and always pleases my requirements. The only challenge with Moevenpick is that you have to book well ahead to get a decent rate.

Room Tip: Book at least 3-4 weeks in advance to get a decent rate...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The hotel itself is nice, but the reception/restaurant/bar area are rather too small for a 20 storeys hotel with hundreds of rooms....The rooms are coolish-modernist, nice, most seem to have wide views over the enourmous city...
The problem of the hotel is its location: On saturday afternoon it took me nearly 1 hour to go by taxi to the airport! And it takes you at least 30 minutes by taxi into the city....The metro station is next to the hotel, but you have to change twice to go to the old city and this is time consuming and cumbersome as well....For me personally the hotel was a good location because I had things to do at the Technical University which is also located in the suburbs, but otherwise I would advise a hotel in the center due to the traffic situation in Istanbul.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Cigdem T, Manager at Movenpick Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, January 7, 2013