“A Very Good Downtown Hotel”

Movenpick Hotel Istanbul
Ranked #98 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed October 7, 2012

The hotel is in downtown, its place is very flexible for tourists. Its place is near the metro station, the thing that facilitate your daily trip.
Breakfast is rich and delicious.. it has an indoor pool that is in the first floor, not that lovely and I didn't like it

Room Tip: Choose a room in the highest floor, a view worth million dollars :)
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Cigdem T, Manager at Movenpick Hotel Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

First of all I would like to thank you very much for taking the time and commenting on our services; we really appreciate it and value our esteemed guests opinion such as you very much.

Your feedback encourage us towards our aim to deliver, heartfelt, genuine care, personalized and uncompromising service in all guest interactions. These comments such as yours are the best tool for us not only to maintain but further improve our quality and service.

It was and will always be our pleasure to ensure your comfort and I look very much forward to welcoming you back at the Mövenpick Hotel each time you visit Istanbul.

Mövenpick Hotel Istanbul

Write a ReviewReviews (1,282)

Reviewed September 30, 2012

In summary, one of my best hotel stays. Room was clean and well furnished; reception and guest relation staff very helpful and friendly; food quality is excellent with a nice variety; Metro station a few steps away makes access to various areas of the city within acceptable effort. I was in an executive room but from what I see I can guess that ordinary rooms will not be less elegant. I would definitely recommend this nice hotel.

Room Tip: I got a good rate for an executive room with a nice set of complementary stuff. I think I had an exc...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed several times in Moevenpick Istanbul; i mainly travel to Istanbul for business. Moevenpick is excellent in every aspect. Although i haven’t used the Gym or other leisure amenities all the rest are perfect. The rooms are always clean and nicely done. The service is excellent and always pleases my requirements. The only challenge with Moevenpick is that you have to book well ahead to get a decent rate.

Room Tip: Book at least 3-4 weeks in advance to get a decent rate...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed September 24, 2012

The hotel itself is nice, but the reception/restaurant/bar area are rather too small for a 20 storeys hotel with hundreds of rooms....The rooms are coolish-modernist, nice, most seem to have wide views over the enourmous city...
The problem of the hotel is its location: On saturday afternoon it took me nearly 1 hour to go by taxi to the airport! And it takes you at least 30 minutes by taxi into the city....The metro station is next to the hotel, but you have to change twice to go to the old city and this is time consuming and cumbersome as well....For me personally the hotel was a good location because I had things to do at the Technical University which is also located in the suburbs, but otherwise I would advise a hotel in the center due to the traffic situation in Istanbul.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Cigdem T, Manager at Movenpick Hotel Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Very pleasant stay at the Moevenpick. Arrived late at night but was greeted warmly and professionally at the front desk and received a free upgrade to a room on the executive floor. Had a drink and a snack at the lobby bar which was good.
Rooms were nice with a window separating the bathroom from the room. Rooms were clean and well-equipped. The only downside in the room was the bed which I found to be a bit hard (managed to sleep decently though). The internet worked fairly well in my room (both wifi and using cable).
Breakfast was good although there was not much variation and I had hoped to find some baklawa as a sweet option at breakfast but alas...
All in all a very good hotel for a business traveller, with very friendly service from the front desk staff.

Room Tip: Rooms on executive floor are quite nice
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Rooms were nice and health facilities were also good- swimming pool, sauna bath were also good.
Room service was also good. Service at reception should be more smiling. Pack and Carry breakfast service in morning was not good.

Room Tip: Rooms and services were nice, breakfast should include vegetarian dishes as well.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

I will most certainly share your comment regarding friendliness of our Front Desk staff with our Front Office Manager, as well as your kind feedback on the quality of the pack-and-carry breakfast and vegetarian dishes as an option at breakfast with our Food & Beverage Manager. Thank you again for pointing these out to us.

I hope otherwise your stay was enjoyable; it was and will always be our pleasure to ensure your comfort and welcome you back at the Mövenpick Hotel each time you visit Istanbul.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

I liked this hotel a lot. I thought it was beautiful and sleek with a friendly, helpful staff and extremely clean and in order. Room are really nice with attention to detail and extra amenities such as magnifying mirror and phone in the bathroom (and upscale bath and soaps) as well as great lighting and ample outlets.
Breakfast is really good and the fitness/spa area has one of the most beautiful indoor pools that I have seen in a hotel.
I like the location in the commercial area even though I was going to the Old Town area as well. As mentioned in previous posts, there is a Metro station right next to the hotel. You can take it straight to Taksim Square (a very lively area) and if you wish to continue on to old town you transfer to the funicular (very easy) and then take the tram right to Sultanahmet (Old Town). It's not hard at all.
I also liked the fact that you can walk (or take a taxi) to Kanyon Mall from this hotel. This isn't your typical mall....very unique architecture (for a mall) with upscale shopping and good restaurants.
I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple