“Great Location, Great Breakfast, Great Staff, Clean and convenient”
Review of Hotel Ilkay

Hotel Ilkay
Ranked #113 of 1,135 Hotels in Istanbul
Manassas, Virginia
“Great Location, Great Breakfast, Great Staff, Clean and convenient”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This hotel had great service. It was a wonderful value. We slept very well on firm mattresses and bouncy pillows. The rooms were clean. The location was superb and our room was perfectly sized and located. The attached restaurant was fabulous with wonderful outdoor seating and the breakfast option was a life saver. If you are going to sightsee in Istanbul, we highly recommend considering this hotel.

Room Tip: 1 Balcony room is better than all the rest. It's a double and it faces a very friendly - but not...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank JillMAS123
My dear guest;

I conveyed your review everyone at the hotel and we all have enjoyed reading your candid review. I am so glad that you had a pleasant stay at Ilkay Hotel. These reviews motivate us more than anything and lead us to work with passion.

By the way, I am Faruk Boyaci, the owner of Ilkay Hotel. I would like to thank you very much and really appreciate it.

If I may be of any assistance in the future, do not hesitate to contact us.

Faruk Boyaci

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed April 9, 2013

The staff are more than willing to help and are very friendly. Location is great: walking distance to all the attractions such as Blue Mosque, Grand Bazaar and Hagia Sofia. Would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank 766ChrisC766
My dear guest;

Thank you very much for your candid review. To know that you had a pleasant stay at our hotel really means a lot and motivate us to work more attentive.

By the way, I am Faruk Boyaci, the owner of Ilkay Hotel. I will be so happy to assist you in the future if you need anything from Istanbul or us. Thank you again.

Hope to see you.
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Friendly and welcoming. Offered tea on arrival and given a map with all the sights we wanted to visit, plus the position of the hotel highlighted. We had specifically requested a quiet room, and were taken to the top floor at the back of the hotel. Room small, but more than adequate for our needs; plenty of storage and wardrobe space for 2 for 6 nights, 2 comfortable twin beds, lush pillows and beautiful white cotton bed linen which smelt as though it had been line dried. Safe in room, with no charge(!), tea coffee making facilities and freshly filtered water daily. Ensuite shower room, small, water always hot and plentiful, and toiletries. Spotlessly clean. Also discovered balcony the following morning, wonderful for a smoker.
Breakfast: cheeses, meats, salad, fresh fruit and dried, cereals, great yoghurts, jams, a whole honey comb, coffees and dif teas, orange juice, 3 choices of hot food and lots of other stuff. Dining room pleasant with soft piped music; food replenished as it ran out. And clean.
All the staff were friendly and helpful, without being obtrusive. Were asked several times if we needed help then just ask.
Other rooms were considerably bigger than ours, I peeped in on passing, and all had similar facilities. Yes, there was a building site to the rear, but this did not bother us at all, and to be fair there does appear to be a lot of ongoing renovations in Istanbul and I think a lot of people must encounter this so pack earplugs if noise troubles you.
Had a look at 3 other hotels whilst in Istanbul and if you want to pay 500 euros a night for a large room, etc, then fine, Ièd rather spend my hard earned cash on other things. Incidentally, none were as clean as the Ilkay.
I would very highly recommend the Hotel Ilkay to everyone. And a big thank you to everyone there for helping make our stay so enjoyable. x

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank caztraveller
Dear caztraveller;

I am Faruk Boyaci, the owner of the Ilkay Hotel Istanbul at Sirkeci and I am so thank full for you to come and stay with us and also for writting about us. Thank you very much for your very candid comments.

If you need anything from Istanbul or us, you can contact us whenever you would like to.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Stayed for few nights in March 2013, me & my husband got a double room at 5th floor. It's small, cute boutique hotel, well maintained and very clean. We reach there earlier in the morning, asked either we able to check in at that time (around 8.30am), but the gentleman politely said sorry that they were fully booked at the moment & promised to get us the room at 12pm. He (Mr Syakir as known as Mr Sugar!!) even invite us to have a free breakfast (that we are actually not entitled) at the hotel!! It's our 1st breakfast in Istanbul & it's just great!! We decided to walk around the area and we were very happy to notice that the hotel are very near to everything / every must visit places. Our nearest tramp station - Gulhane (100m) only 1 stop before you reach Sultanahmet (Blue Mosque, Aya Sofya, Grand Bazaar, Basilica Cistern, Topkapi Palace etc). On the right sight, 200m is Sirkeci Tramp station, 400m is Eminonu Tramp Station, hub for buses & port for ferries for Bosphorus Cruise. And next to it is Spice Bazaar. You see, you near to everything. Back to the hotel after bought the IstanbulKart as per advised by destination expert at 12.30pm and the room was ready for us. Cute, simple yet very neat and clean. Only the lift - too small that we need to squeezed ourself with 3 luggage (But the Taksim hotel we stayed even worst). But it only minor problem.
Everyday breakfast was fine, receptionist /staff were friendly, service was good, hotel was very clean, we're very satisfied!!Highly recommended

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank miszlyna
Dear Guest;

I want to thank you very much for your review. It is so nice to hear you have enjoyed your stay with us. Ilkay Hotel is a growing family that now you are part of it.

If I may be of any assistance to you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us.

The owner of Ilkay Hotel
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Had booked Ilkay post reading reviews on TA, and I was not disappointed. The single occupancy rooms were a little tiny but adequate . Clean , good b fast , plesant n heloful staff. The red river pub on the ground floor was great for evening drinks . Excelent location . Follow the directions given in one of the reviews below about walking from the Gulhane tram stop. All in all will def be my choice when I return t istanbul.

• Stayed March 2013

Hope to see you.
Bucharest
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We spent 7 nights at this hotel and thanks to the staff, everything turned out to be a pleasant stay. Story follows like this:
After being picked up at the airport (we got a free transfer for booking directly on hotel's website), we had quite a shock when we entered our room. Last floor, very very small room, and constant disturbing noise from outside - a construction site nearby. Around 22:30 (on a Sunday) we went to the reception desk and politely asked when the noise will stop and we were assured that in about 30 minutes things will calm down. They were very kind and also promised to change our room the next day. Thing is that the noise went on, so around midnight we went again to the reception desk and said that making so much noise was unacceptable (and probably illegal ?) and demanded for a new room right in that moment.
Staff was really, really helpful and although all hotel was fully booked, they transferred us to a nearby hotel (Erboy if I'm not mistaken), part of the hotel group. We slept there that night and received the next morning another room, twice the size and with a different view. After that, we only had a small issue (electrical fuse), but the technician was very prompt.
Hotel is very well positioned, worth the money (take a look on hotel's website, they have special offers like free airport transfer or pay 6 nights and get 7) and the staff is there to solve every problem you might have.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms having a view towards the construction site (as of October 2012 at least).
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank roslayer
My dear guest;

I would like to thank you for your review. It is an unfortunate start to your visit but I am glad everyone did their best to change it. Happy to know you did not leave Istanbul upset. If it were to happen, we would not forgive ourselves.

I am Faruk Boyaci, the owner of the Ilkay Hotel. It will be a pleasure to assist you in the future if you need us, let us know.

Belgrade, null, Serbia
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Our first review of this type…
Just several sentences about hotel: we have stayed in ILKAY Hotel for a few days.
The hotel is on great tourist location, walk distance from all things you need to see.
For really good price you get: as mentioned good location, really clean rooms and the best think although you are in centre of city you don’t hear any noise...
We also needed some help for organizing two business meeting the concierge helped us, contacting the firms and giving the information’s.
Thank the friendly staff and again: the hotel is for RECOMANDATION by all means..

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
My dear guest;

If I may be of any assistance in the future, do not hesitate to contact us.