“Everything was great at hotel”
Review of Hotel Ilkay

Hotel Ilkay
Ranked #105 of 1,150 Hotels in Istanbul
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Everything was great at hotel”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I had a great time at this hotel it was on the west side and was close to the old city and the Saint Sofia Mosque, was close to Galata bridge and was clean, friendly and very cheap, great for travellers on a budget.

Room Tip: high floor with great view.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank leanna H
Dear Guest;

I want to thank you very much for your review. It is so nice to hear you have enjoyed your stay with us. Ilkay Hotel is a growing family that now you are part of it. Please do not hesitate if you need anything.

The owner of Ilkay Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Ideal touristic place, cozy and clean rooms. Old furniture but comfortable. Nice breakfast buffet and helpful service. Next to Istanbul's main attractions, Aya Sophia and Blue Mosque. Cool bar downstairs.

Room Tip: There are two wings. I reccomend the new one. Check for noise since the tram goes nearby.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank p t
My dear Guest;

I am Faruk Boyaci, the owner of Ilkay Hotel and I am so thankful for writting about us. Thank you very much for your candid comments. Last winter we renovated one of our building and hopefully we will finish the rest. I hope one day you may return to stay with us, enjoy another stay.

If I can be any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me. Here is my direct e-mail: faruk@istanbul.com.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

We stayed here for four nights, first impressions were not great. This was down to us being given a room on the 5th + one flight of stairs floor! The room was very small, but that's not the worst part! There was work going on behind the building which was happening 24 hours a day! Did not get any sleep at all on the first night! Reception however when requested swiftly changed us to a larger, modern room away from all the building works.
Breakfast is to a very good standard. But the best of all is the location, in the middle of everything, tram station a 2 minute walk! You can not go wrong with this hotel!

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Abdins
My dear guest;

I am Faruk Boyaci, the owner of Ilkay Hotel. I’m really sorry you had a bad start at our hotel. I find that unacceptable as well that knowingly giving a room which has noise problem. We really apologize for it. I hope, you enjoyed the rest of your stay and we sincerely hope you’ll give us a try again to make it better next time.

If I may be any assistance to you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly through; faruk@istanbul.com.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Great location for this little hotel.Placed in Sirkeci, it's 5 minute walking to the main attraction in sultanhmet. Room was comfortable and clean, the staff was also very kind. I would recommend this hotel for those who seek quality at a reasonable price

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sbif_99
My dear guest;

I would like to thank you for visiting us and writing about us. I am happy you had a pleasant stay at our hotel. Please consider us your second home and we will be happy to see you back in the family in the future.

If you need anything from Istanbul or us, we will be more than happy to help you.

Faruk Boyaci
The owner of Ilkay Hotel.
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Room was very basic with old furniture and small tv and only a dirty stool to sit on other than the beds. Bed was comfortable but every morning we woke up with 2 or 3 large and swollen bites. Never saw any mosquitoes in room so not sure what was biting us. Bed bugs or fleas?? The staff were nice and helpful and the breakfast was good. Would not recommend unless you like a budget room and don't mind waking up with fresh bites everyday.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hudson99
My dear Guest,

I am Faruk Boyaci, the owner of Ilkay Hotel - Sirkeci Group

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am so sorry that you experience was not good at all. Please accept our apologies.

You are certainly right that we have old furnishings at our hotel. To improve our quality, we just renovated one of our building and will finish the rest next season. I sincerely hope that you give us a try again and we will make it up to you.

If I may be any assistance to you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at faruk@istanbul.com

Faruk BOYACI
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Arrived to find my shuttle ride waiting for me at the airport. Arrived at the hotel and the room was awesome, nice and clean, air conditioner and TV are top notch and worked great. Bathroom was very clean, and the wifi did not give me any problems over my 4 day stay. The breakfast is very yummy and when something runs out it is promptly replenished. There is bread, cereal, coffee, cheese, and fresh honey (right off the hive)! Pretty neat! The elevator worked great and there is a small restaurant attached to the hotel with great food, and yummy coffee, wine, beer, all sorts of cool stuff. It is within walking distance from all the destinations and also walking distrance to both tram stops to go anywhere you want really. Loved this hotel and when I come back to Turkey I Will stay here again. Price can't be beat either escpecially if you pay in cash you get a 7% discount (more money for shopping)!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank callie9133
My dear Guest;

I am Faruk Boyaci, the owner of Ilkay Hotel and I am so thankful for writting about us. Thank you very much for your comments. It is nice to know that you had a pleasant stay at our hotel. I hope one day you may return to stay with us, enjoy another stay.

ATHENS, GREECE
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Right on the very noisy main street with all the trams going and coming, practically no lobby just a table as the reception desk, a very very simple breakfast room with an equally very simple breakfast. Acceptable rooms, that's all there is to it. Location is very convenient but there are so many hotels around to choose from. Certainly not worth the 3 stars nor its price. No, not again.

Room Tip: a very very simple hotel, located very close to everything but that's all there is to it. At th...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank N S
My Dear Guest;

I am Faruk Boyaci, the owner of Ilkay Hotel - Sirkeci Group.

Thank you very much for your critics and feedback. I am sorry that your experience at our hotel was not good. Please accept my apology. I assure you that we are working on how we can make you happy and we improve our service quality for better memories.

I would love to recuperate your trust in us. We sincerely hope you give us a try again and we will make your stay great. If you need anything from Istanbul or us, please do not hesitate to contact us. We will be more than happy to help you. Here is my direct e mail address: faruk@istanbul.com.

The owner of Ilkay Hotel