“Pretty good, great location”
Review of Erboy Hotel

Erboy Hotel
Ranked #74 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed July 20, 2008

This hotel was very well located, near the Topkapi Palace, Hagia Sophia and the Blue Mosque, as well as the Spice Bazar. Our room was quite small, although clean, and the shower worked very well. There's a gorgeous roof-top terrace and free Internet in the lobby. The breakfast buffet was good.

On the downside, the personnel at the front desk were not helpul (speak with Ayse, the guest relations representative instead, she's wonderful). The phone in our room would also frequently ring for no reason during the night, so I strongly suggest you unplug it upon your arrival.

If you're looking for a good "value" hotel, this is a good place to stay in Istanbul. The hotel compares favourably to most other places we stayed in Turkey.

1  Thank Philara
There are newer reviews for Erboy Hotel

Reviewed July 13, 2008

I was tremendously disappointed when I saw the hotel room -- a dark, outdated, cramped, uncomfortable room and was shocked that anyone could give this hotel 4 stars.

I was generally unimpressed with Istanbul's hotels and those in Sultanahmet/Sirkeci are obviously older than the ones in Taksim. As for Erboy's "great location" -- it was in the hotel district of Sirkeci -- there were hundreds of hotels that you can choose from and most of them have an excellent location.

I was also unimpressed with the fact that despite the fact that Erboy has a fantastic roof top terrace, it does not serve breakfast there. How aggravating.

On the positive side, the hotel rooms were very clean and the staff extremely helpful.

3  Thank welat
sancak, Guest Relations Manager at Erboy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2008

We are very sorry to hear the disappointment of our guest.
We would like to mention that we are always trying to do our best to provide a pleasent stay for our guests.Therefore,we attach great attention and importance to their demands and wishes.If we were informed about this situation we could have compensated it.
In addition,We are not able to serve breakfast on our roof top terrace because it has only fourty seats and this capacity is not enough for all staying guests.
Ayse Sancak
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed July 13, 2008

Never mind what others may have said about this place; for us it has been a lovely stay, in a quite mesmerising city.

The room is compact but not claustrophobic and has cable TV, free air-con (manual controls) and free wi-fi internet access if you provide your own computer. There are also two, free pcs in the lobby, if not.

Very comfortable beds with clean linen every day, should you choose and the bathroom is more than adequate with an extremely good, powerful shower in a dedicated, fully enclosed cubicle, not a curtain.

All staff are first class; helpful, friendly and courteous and the location of the hotel is another welcome bonus, with many major attractions a short stroll away.

Breakfast is another treat as it provides a full choice of edible options from cereals, fruit and breads to cooked items, and the roof top restaurant provides delicious meals at affordable prices with a breath-taking view at night.

We would certainly return here, given the choice.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank ktelontour
Reviewed July 10, 2008

The hotel was great and nicely located in the center of our interests. Quiet and wonderful views from the rooftop restaurant.
The staff were the best asset however. Very helpful with all of our needs. We arrived here from a previous bad hotel experience and this was quite a relief. Thank you.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank 6-Sisters
Reviewed July 2, 2008

The hotel can be found just by 3 minutes walking from the tram stop at Gulhane. Since we're taking tram most of the time during our stay in Istanbul, it's very easy to reach the hotel, including when we needed a few hours break in the afternoon. And it was very near from Topkapi palace, Aya Sophia, Blue Mosque and Basilica Cistern, so you could just do a nice walk to those places.

The bedroom was a bit tiny, didn't have a good view, but it's clean and comfortable. The Air Conditioner was cold enough and controlable. Our bedroom was beside the elevator, so it was quite noisy especially when many people are using it for breakfast downstairs in the morning. We also asked for a room with one big bed, but they seem didn't notice it. When we entered the room, there were 2 small beds inside. We're too tired to ask for another room so we just moved the bed next to each other. So make sure that you get what you ask for...

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank didietf
Reviewed June 24, 2008

I booked my trip through venere.com, for three nights at the end of June. I have just returned from my trip and can't even explain how wonderful the Erboy hotel was. Having travelled to over 100 countries, I have never experienced the level of service as I did at the Erboy at any other 3 star hotel.

I was a lone female traveller and they were exceptionally attentive to all my needs. This is an exceptionally clean, efficient and safe hotel.

It was also in a great location. While some 3 star hotels in Sultanahmet are in some dodgy, quiet streets at the back of the area, the Erboy is located on a main street, right next to a tram station. That means that the area around the hotel is well lit and busy enough to make it safe enough to come home late at night alone, either by walking, tram or taxi.

I am very happy that I chose the Erboy and would have no hestiation staying there again. In addition, I also stayed the first night at their sister hotel, the Sirkeci Konak, which was also an excellent choice, but in a different price range.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank istanbultravel
Reviewed June 17, 2008

This is an excellent hotel and I would recommend anyone to stay there.I travel all over Europe and am very well travelled,it was my first visit to Istanbul and would definately go back to the hotel and stay there again. It is in a good location and near to all the tourist sites. I would,though,take a map of the hotels location with you as I did, as most taxi drivers in Taskim Square do not know how to find the hotel. On arrival we were met by the porter who took our bags,were given a free glass of Apple Tea by the Welcome Mangeress and was informed about all the attractions to see in the city and was made to feel very welcome. The staff are very corteous,helpful and friendly. Tram stop only 40 yards from hotel. The room we stayed in(a double room) was OK for size,though we did notice the twin/double rooms did vary in size. Good double glazing.The room surfaces were cleaned Ok but one slight criticism was that the floor was carpeted and was not sufficiently cleaned.Blonde hairs from the previous guest remained on the floor for the whole of our 4 day stay. The breakfast was buffet style,excellent choice of food.Try to eat in the roof top restaurant too for stunning views of the city. Hotel has 2 terminals for free internet access - very useful,though as you would expect,always someone on them unless you use them early morning/late at night. Free safety deposit boxes too - another bonus.

For female visitors visiting Istanbul it should be noted that there is a distinctive Eastern/Asian dress style for woman but this changesonce you cross the river to reach the main shopping street and Taskim Square which is much more European.

I have no connections with the hotel and my review is totally independent- if you stay at the Erboy hotel,you will not be disappointed,Excellent location,good value for money and very helpful staff. I will definately stay there again on my next visit to Istanbul.

1  Thank KeighleyJetsetter