“Nice hotel; great location!”
Review of Erboy Hotel

Erboy Hotel
Ranked #68 of 1,175 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed July 30, 2013

The hotel had nice clean rooms with a great shower and AC. The only thing that would have made it more comfortable would have been more blankets or thicker ones, but I suppose I could have asked for an extra too. The breakfast was very good and the restaurant there was excellent. It was a surprise that is was that fabulous. Their menu is on the gourmet side and is different than all the other restaurants in the neighborhood which seem to all have the same things. It is also reasonable and delicious with good service. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank OAmyLO
Write a ReviewReviews (2,278)

Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Right in Sultanehmet, this hotel is walking distance to just about everything. A small hotel, but clean rooms and friendly staff. Quick in responding to all emails too. Enjoyed our 3 night stay here. Cost includes breakfast buffet which was good, but it was continental breakfast-would have lovedore if it was Turkish :)

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Awesome hotel! Staff are friendly and very helpful and the facilities are great. Rooms are lovely and clean. Breakfast was exceptional and the hotel also has a lovely roof top bar with a beautiful view. Excellent location, within close walking distance of all major attractions like the Blue Mosque and Grand Bazaar and great restaurants around the area. We would definately return to the Erboy and highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Michelle M
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Perfect location. Helpful well informed staff. I can strongly recommend this hotel and will definately stay there on my next trip to Istanbul. Closely situated to a number of good restaurants as well as the Blue Mosque, and other attractions in the Old Town. Beautiful view from the terrace over the sea towards the Asian side of Istanbul.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in July. In summary, it is a really nice hotel, the staff are friendly, gave us a map and pointed out all the good sights to see. They included a welcome dinner for free (3 courses) at the Pasazade restaurant which is the restaurant that you have breakfast in. The food was really good. The room itself was clean but small. Cons : The walls are super thin, you can hear next door talking and showering quite loudly and if we spoke whatever language the couple next door spoke we would've been part of the conversation! Pro: Air con! It was needed for the days we were there! So hot!

For two people, it was enough. There is also a printer in the lobby that you can print your boarding passes on departure date. We went up to the roof terrace to have a look but never went to sit up there, it has a great view so try to go and see, though there are lots of tall buildings which kind of obscure some of the nice view.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I booked to stay at the Erboy on the very strong recommendation of my husband and his best friend. I planned to stay there with my mother and by all accounts it sounded great - friendly staff, satisfactory room, a fabulous restaurant terrace and, best of all, I could use my Avios airmiles.
I arrived at the hotel in the evening, in time to go and pick up my mother from Istanbul Ataturk Airport. All seemed good but I was about to find that things were to get even better...
Erboy is one of five hotels known as the Sirkeci Group - because they are all in the Sirkeci area, below Sultan Ahmet and all the historic/touristic favourites and next to the joining of the Golden Horn and the Bosphorus. When I arrived the very friendly man at the desk told me that I would not be staying with them but had been upgraded to their sister hotel one block along and two blocks down. 'Would I mind walking? Can someone help me with my luggage?' I only had one bag so off I went.
The hotel I arrived at was the Neorion - a beautiful place... but more about that in another review.
So, if you can't afford the Neorion but want really lovely service and a good hotel and a great view while you are eating, book the Erboy on my husband's recommendation. You never know, you might get an upgrade!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Stayed 4 days here and the staff could not have been more helpful. Hotel rooms are great with great bathrooms. Everything you could need.
Very near all sites like Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia.
Would stay there again.