“Amaizing”

Ranked #493 of 1,129 Hotels in Istanbul
Madrid
“Amaizing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2007

The hotel was absoluetly amaizing in terms of food,service,cleanness and accomodation.Firs of all the rooms are really convenient:.I found everything that i wanted including minibar,satellite and pay tv.Also the staff was very helpfull.For example they assigned a waiter to take us to taxim square which is 10 minutes walk from the hotel.Most importantly the view of boshphorus from upper flor was breathtaking and it really influenced my artwork.

• Liked — Rooms and Hospitality
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with friends
2 Thank MadridGustavo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Moscow, Russia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2007

I like this hotel, although my oppinion is a bit subjective formed by my travel history to Istanbul.

Positive
- neighbourhood - it is not a tourist ghetto of sultanahmet, neither it is some premium location. In my oppinion, you can really understand the city staying there. Taxim is close, Chihangir area also getting better and better with trendy bars and restaurants openning. On the personall note - I love buyig fruits at the stalls on the streets
- sea view - the bosphorous is great, so make sure you get the right room.
- staff is ok. I do not recall any major service breakthoughs on their side, but it was an ok service. I got the rooms I paid fr without additional haggling and even this is anachievement sometimes in Istanbul

Negative
- rooms are medium, nothig great about them
- when we went to the restaurant on the upper floor of the hotel we saw "music" on the bill. We were not really upset (it was cheap and there was some sort of a concert going on), took it more as a local speciality.

• Stayed May 2004, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kara_sev
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2006

We have been staying at a room with a Bosphorus wiev at Cihangir Hotel for 7 days with my partner. I have to say that its a nice, very clean hotel in a very silent neighbourhood. The rooms are pretty nice with a comfortable bed, TV and airconditioning,, but a bit small for a 4 star, bathroom is big, includes a bathtub, minibar is a bit small, it is nearly impossible to keep your drinks with the ones already in and staff is very helpful and smiling but the main point is, the view of Bosphorus from the terrace of our room is just breathtaking both during day and night. Make sure that you will prefer to rest at your terrace with your drinks even you have a free ticket for the best pub in İstanbul. The breakfast is the typical delicious Turkish breakfast. You can eat tasty breads and cakes. I recommend you to call the hotel before you make the booking as you can get good discounts. We are staying for 70 Euros per night but the usual price now is 120 Euros. And the rooms ending with 7 (207,307 etc.) are the ones that have the best seaview.

• Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chloeshiny
lisbon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2006

We stayed for four nights in the Cihangir, and I must say, its the worst four star hotel I have been in.
Not only the staff was unpleasant, nasty and very bad humoured, but also the rooms were rather small and the service not efficient (they even forgot to clean our room one day!!).
Let me put you an example. We rented a film from the Pay TV they have there. When we turned it on at 19.00 to see the film that was scheduled for that time, we got to see the last 10 minutes of the film that was actually ending. We called reception and they told us that they would have someone in a room in a minute, and he never came. After that, they even wanted to charge us for the movie!!
I recommend Istanbul as an incredible and beautiful city, but I would advice to go to another hotel.

• Stayed April 2006, traveled as a couple