All reviews blue mosque walking distance grand bazaar rooftop terrace minute walk the hotel staff top floor turkey hagia sophia excellent location enjoyable stay the breakfast area small hotel call to prayer the main tourist attractions i highly recommend this hotel old town
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We (2 adults with a 15 yr old daughter) just spent 4 days at the Erguvan Hotel in Istanbul and could not have wished for anything better. The location is fantastic, a few minutes walk to transportation, Blue Mosque and overall centre of the old town, yet very quiet compared to similar hotels in the area. The hotel itself is small with a lot of personality (in a good way). You get to know the staff and they are very welcoming and helpful. Breakfast was lovely (typical turkish breakfast with enough selection for everyone) especially because its served on the top floor with a fantastic view. The internet connection was great, a must when travelling with a teenager. Our room was on the top floor, really nice and clean. Aircon worked well. Bathroom was great, lots of room and hot water. The hotel helped us organize drop off and pick up of reasonably priced laundry service. The taxi to the airport can be picked up right in front on the street and the current price (to Ataturk) is about 40 lira. For more adventurous souls, one can take a combination of tram and metro (really easy) for 6 lira. Enjoy!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I'm a solo traveler and have stayed at some questionable places in Turkey, however, Erguvan Hotel blows all of the other hotels out of the water. I usually go in with little expectations so that I'm not disappointed, but there is nothing about this hotel that could disappoint. The staff was extremely hospitable. The manager even gave me a free map of Istanbul and marked which places I should see since I was only staying in Istanbul for two nights. I got up to my room (an interior room), and didn't have much of a view from the window, but it did overlook the hotel's garden patio. The room was very clean, the bed and pillows were very comfortable. Central air! A nice bathroom, tv, a minifridge, hardwood floors. The breakfast on the roof terrace facing the Blue Mosque was replete with choices. One of the staffmembers accidently spilled food on my table and plate and he felt really bad. So he had the chef make me fresh eggs over medium. Will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I had an interior room with not much of a view, just the central courtyard. Stay on the west exterior if you want scenic views of the bay.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 12, 2013

My family would definitely stay at his hotel again. The staff were extremely helpful and gave us some great tips and advice for touring around Istanbul. Only a short walk from many of the major tourist attractions which is a real bonus and many fabulous restaurants in walking distance.
The breakfast is in the rooftop overlooking the water and is all you need to get the day started, plenty of variety.The rooms are clean and have everything you need. Excellent pick up service from the airport as well which is always handy after a long flight. I would highly recommend the stay at this hotel, you will love it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jaxc534
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I would very probably stay here again. Really close to Blue Mosque, so it's an easy location if you're cabbing around. Apparently they overbooked so they sent us to another place that was a bit of a weird walk (Lalin) but they covered the cab there and also retrieved our bags in the morning and faithfully put them up in our room for the following three nights. About 10 minutes walking from the closest tram stop. Cigma at the front desk was great and helpful all the time. They do laundry (but, as anywhere, do your delicate stuff by hand!). Overall I really liked this place. There's also often a cat on the front mat to ignore you completely when you return and to not care at all about your day's adventures.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 29, 2013

The Erguvan is just off Sultanahmet Square. Great location.The hotel provides a full breakfast on the top floor, including a terrace which has great views of the Borphorus and parts of the city. Rooms are small but clean and fine. The staff is fantastic. Mine Yavuz is the concierge and is extremely knowledgeable and helpful -- whatever you want to see or do, Mine is the go-to person. The receptionist Ciigclen is also very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends