All reviewsblue mosquewalking distancerooftop terracethe hotel staffminute walktop floorturkeyhagia sophiaexcellent locationenjoyable staythe breakfast areasmall hotelcall to prayerthe main tourist attractionsi highly recommend this hotelold towneach morning
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Wonderful small,friendly hotel in a great location. The staff were great and the views from the rooftop terrace were truly amazing. There is an excellent breakfast buffet where you can eat and look out at the sea or the blue mosque. Easy walking distance to all the sights in Sultanahmet. Just a lovely hotel!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel last week for 5 days (end of May). This is peak tourist season as I understand it. We found this hotel through one of those secret deals that Hotwire will reveal to you post-booking. The hotel is very well maintained, as compared to similar hotels around the neighborhood and price-range. They havea lovely little courtyard by the reception and a nice deck upstairs. The rooms were airy and regularly cleaned. This place is quite central to many tourist attractions in the old city so we saved on trams/cabs as well. The staff were pleasant and helpful, my husband enjoyed watching his champions league final with a few of them one evening. The breakfast was ample and filled us up nicely, the views were good as well. Overall, great value for money, highly recommend it to anyone visiting Istanbul.

Room Tip: Make sure you call them well ahead of time if you are booking through something like Expedia/Hotwire, just to make sure you get your room preference - twin vs double beds etc. They are nice and accomodating.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2013

The reviews were right! This was an amazing value and an incredible experience, not even considering how inexpensive the room was.

Location cannot be beat - it is literally a 4 minute walk to the Blue Mosque and the Hippodrome and 4 more minutes takes you to the Haggia Sophia. How central is that?

Cozy little hotel located at a nice little corner. Very friendly, courteous and helpful staff - all speak passable to excellent English and I never had any difficulty. They even called my tour guide and made final arrangements on my behalf.

My room was spacious by European and Turkish standards but it would be cozy by US standards. Comfortable bed, nice little bathroom with amenities and great hot water and pressure (a very important criterion for me) and I had a great view of the rather imposing citadel like wall right outside the hotel.

Breakfast was included in my rate of 90 euros per night and it was a spread! I ahve never seen so much food at a breakfast buffet (except maybe in Las Vegas) and it's served in their tiny rooftop restaurant where you can drink your Turkish coffee with views of the magnificent Bosphorus and the Blue Mosque.

Checkout was just as painless - they arranged for a taxi to the airport and personally escorted me out and bid me farewell and a comfortable journey.

5 stars without question. Quiet, safe, clean and comfortable. And a great value for the money. A true gem - I share this so others can enjoy this jewel but hopefully this won't mean this hotel will be booked solid the next time I'm in Istanbul ;)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Badri N
Reviewed May 20, 2013

My expectations were low, but we were pleasantly surprised to what a great value it really is, great location, walk to the best sights in Istanbul, and its an easy walk, not the I am already tired when we get there kind of walk, rooms are clean, size is what you would expect from a European hotel, windows are double pane so they keep noise to a minimum, breakfast was better than expected, scrambled eggs, crepes, fruit, cereal, bread more than enough to get you started for a busy day, and on top of that you get a great view.
Mine and her staff are the best, always very accommodating for all our needs, service is five stars for a three star price, you can not beat the deal, it's like friends in Istanbul, their recommendations were always good, Mine and her staff went beyond their normal duties to make our stay a pleasant one, and are very grateful for that.. if you are looking for a reasonably priced hotel in a great locations and great service this is it.
Thank you Mine and all the people that work at the Erguvan Hotel, you made a difference in our vacation and made it great, already planing on going back.

Room Tip: it might be better if you select rooms facing courtyard,less noise, our upper levels if facing street.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank sergiorms
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I stayed with my son in this hotel in November 2012 and enjoyed the experience. We got a reduction for paying cash (euros) on departure. On arrival we were told we had to stay in single rooms for the night and not the twin room ordered. My single room did not have a safe, but my son's single room did, so there was no problem. Our rooms overlooked the cute courtyard. (We got a reduction for the rooms) The next day we were moved to a twin room overlooking the sea, which is what we ordered. The room was fine and the bathroom was perfectly adequate. The cleaner was excellent. As other reviewers have stated we enjoyed the view of the Blue Mosque from the restaurant. We booked a return journey from and to the airport through the Erguvan Hotel and this service was excellent. My son left his laptop in the car and the driver very kindly returned it. The receptionist gave us good details about the area. We enjoyed the location. I would definitely return to this hotel or the Optimist Hotel which is near the Blue Mosque and where we enjoyed good meals. I felt very safe in the area.

Room Tip: The room we were in had a good view of the sea and also of the toilet in the empty building oppisite the hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family