All reviewsblue mosquewalking distancerooftop terracethe hotel staffminute walktop floorturkeyhagia sophiaexcellent locationenjoyable staythe breakfast areasmall hotelcall to prayerthe main tourist attractionsi highly recommend this hotelold towneach morning
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I stayed with my son in this hotel in November 2012 and enjoyed the experience. We got a reduction for paying cash (euros) on departure. On arrival we were told we had to stay in single rooms for the night and not the twin room ordered. My single room did not have a safe, but my son's single room did, so there was no problem. Our rooms overlooked the cute courtyard. (We got a reduction for the rooms) The next day we were moved to a twin room overlooking the sea, which is what we ordered. The room was fine and the bathroom was perfectly adequate. The cleaner was excellent. As other reviewers have stated we enjoyed the view of the Blue Mosque from the restaurant. We booked a return journey from and to the airport through the Erguvan Hotel and this service was excellent. My son left his laptop in the car and the driver very kindly returned it. The receptionist gave us good details about the area. We enjoyed the location. I would definitely return to this hotel or the Optimist Hotel which is near the Blue Mosque and where we enjoyed good meals. I felt very safe in the area.

Room Tip: The room we were in had a good view of the sea and also of the toilet in the empty building oppisite the hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The staff at this hotel were so nice and extremely helpful! it's near to sites that you must see when in Istanbul.
The room is clean and the buffet breakfast on the terrace with it's spectacular view is unforgetable.
I am a vegetarian and worried about the food selection but that thought was soon put to rest, tasty vegetarian dishes!

Room Tip: My room faced the street but the windows are incredible so the traffic was not a problem when the windows were closed plus there is AC.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mamita646
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We had a lovely three night stay at The Erguvan. It is ideally situated within walking distance of the main attractions and restaurants, although be prepared to be woken at 5.30am with the call to prayer at the nearby Blue Mosque!

As we were travelling as a group of friends we requested the rooms to be on the same floor, however this was not allocated as the hotel was full, but as all the rooms had interconnecting phones this was not a problem. My room was on the first floor and at the front of the building and the traffic noise was constant, also the market set up in front of my room very early Wednesday morning! The rooms higher up and the ones at the back of the hotel were much quieter. The rooms were clean and well equipped; fresh towels are provided daily.

The manager, Mine, was most helpful directing us and booking evening entertainment, with transport provided. The shuttle service to and from the airport was well worth the supplement.

Breakfast on the roof top terrace was plentiful and varied. There were a selection of teas, but I would have preferred fresh fruit juice instead of squash! The view was amazing, it’s such a shame that the weather meant we had to stay undercover.

Room Tip: Request a higher floor for the view or a room at the back of the hotel for less traffic noise.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Ok so i found this hotel on orbitz after searching & researching for hours for a "good" place to stay. Overall i was surprised with my discovery & very happy with my overall stay. It’s an average 3 star hotel when it comes to things about the hotel in general, but it’s a great value & helpful staff takes it to that next level. The hotel is located very well when it comes to things that are in the area & I walked literally all over city from this hotel. I believe I paid less than $80 per night at this hotel & stayed 3 nights –for what I received it was a great deal. Room was sized well with a window, clearly room was dated but clean so it didn’t matter to me –bathroom was tight with a standing shower fully enclosed with great hot water and pressure. I could find nothing improper about the hotel & they were informative on things so I could sightsee efficiently. The hotels greatest feature is the terrace on the roof overlooking the bay of ships & the blue mosque; they also serve a passable breakfast here. There are no restaurants/eateries or shopping at this hotel, but a few minutes’ walk and you will have everything. If you’re traveling on a budget or you’re choosing to travel to solely focus on the city that you are in, this is the place for you.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank TattooedPassport
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We arrived in Istanbul to a perfect location with a terrace overlooking the sea and the Blue mosque. Clean rooms, powerful warm showers, fresh towels daily, a superb breakfast buffet with so much variety. There were different home made dishes made daily for breakfast! The family members were also helpful with tips about where to go and booked us a taxi back. They called up places to speak in Turkish to help us plan our tours. The location is outstanding, central, but not in the heart of the noise! 10 minutes walk to the Grand Bazar, and a stone's throw from the hippodrome! A few corner shops nearby and a lovely souvenir shop around the corner. Very peaceful. What a wonderful holiday experience! Thoroughly happy with our experience and we would all recommend this to anyone!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends