All reviews blue mosque walking distance grand bazaar rooftop terrace minute walk the hotel staff top floor turkey perfect location enjoyable stay small hotel the breakfast area call to prayer the main tourist attractions historic sites recommend this hotel to anyone turkish tea
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Ok so i found this hotel on orbitz after searching & researching for hours for a "good" place to stay. Overall i was surprised with my discovery & very happy with my overall stay. It’s an average 3 star hotel when it comes to things about the hotel in general, but it’s a great value & helpful staff takes it to that next level. The hotel is located very well when it comes to things that are in the area & I walked literally all over city from this hotel. I believe I paid less than $80 per night at this hotel & stayed 3 nights –for what I received it was a great deal. Room was sized well with a window, clearly room was dated but clean so it didn’t matter to me –bathroom was tight with a standing shower fully enclosed with great hot water and pressure. I could find nothing improper about the hotel & they were informative on things so I could sightsee efficiently. The hotels greatest feature is the terrace on the roof overlooking the bay of ships & the blue mosque; they also serve a passable breakfast here. There are no restaurants/eateries or shopping at this hotel, but a few minutes’ walk and you will have everything. If you’re traveling on a budget or you’re choosing to travel to solely focus on the city that you are in, this is the place for you.

Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank TattooedPassport
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We arrived in Istanbul to a perfect location with a terrace overlooking the sea and the Blue mosque. Clean rooms, powerful warm showers, fresh towels daily, a superb breakfast buffet with so much variety. There were different home made dishes made daily for breakfast! The family members were also helpful with tips about where to go and booked us a taxi back. They called up places to speak in Turkish to help us plan our tours. The location is outstanding, central, but not in the heart of the noise! 10 minutes walk to the Grand Bazar, and a stone's throw from the hippodrome! A few corner shops nearby and a lovely souvenir shop around the corner. Very peaceful. What a wonderful holiday experience! Thoroughly happy with our experience and we would all recommend this to anyone!

Date of stay: March 2013
1  Thank Travelstar2013
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Erguvan is a clean, cosy and friendly hotel in the great location of sultanahmet . We spent five nights at the Erguvan hotel and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. breakfast was great, there were lots of options and the helpful staff gave us lots of great advice and tips on what to do everyday. We would recommend this hotel to anyone. great value for money!!!

1  Thank Alisonk100
Reviewed February 23, 2013

The Erguvan is in a great location for a visit to this fabulous city. We have just returned from 5 nights here and we would happily suggest it as an option for friends. The hotel is spotlessly clean, the beds are comfortable and the breakfast sets you up for the day.
We found the staff very helpful and Mineh (sp?) was often on hand to offer suggestions and options for trips or days out.
With the 3 top Istanbul locations and the tram station within a 20 minute walk (albeit partly uphill) well worth consideration.

Room tip: Rooms at the back have less road noise, although this would be minimal if the drain cover didn't rattle from time to time.
1  Thank LickeyEndBlues
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Staff is wonderful. Super close to everything. Clean. Free breakfast with amazing view. Free wifi works well. Rooms are small, but nice. for $50 a night, I cannot complain. I would highly recommend this and would stay again if I come back to Istanbul.

3  Thank Lilemily