“Jewelry box in the heart of the city”

Albatros Premier Hotel
Ranked #425 of 1,135 Hotels in Istanbul
Budapest
“Jewelry box in the heart of the city”
Reviewed May 3, 2012

This is a beautiful old biulding in the middle of the historical area, easy to acces by walk and by taxi from airport. We had a pleasant stay there now for second times. The staff is attentive, able to fullfil all needs.
They have one of the best roof terrace in town.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Baku, Azerbaijan
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Very good hotel for location near to old places. Very easy to find address of hotel who is first time in Istanbul. 300m from Sultan Ahmet tramvay station and Hippodrome. Excellent location who loves old places. Near Sultan Ahmet mosque (Blue mosque), Ayasofya mosque, Topkapi palace, KapaliCarshi bazar and other old places.

The staff is excellent, smiling faces ready to help in everything. Rooms are clean, light, with fresh air. Always hot and cold water in bathroom. Good view of city and sea in 4th floor.

I can say in one word - "All was excellent"

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
London
Reviewed April 26, 2012

We stayed in this hotel and had a twin and double room. When I initially made the booking with my sister company I requested a confirmation from the Manager Tuncay who advised me I will get two rooms both with balcony, well technically I did. The difference was one had a French balcony as most room have and the double room had a balcony with a landing area facing the back, you can get out and sit down provided with two chairs and table. The balcony with a landing was dirty and you won’t be able to get out in the evening as the light outside does not work so become totally dark. When I mentioned that I got confirmation from Mr Tuncay I will get balcony with both rooms, the receptionist staff suddenly stopped speaking and uttered that’s the best he can do and will see if they can get me another room tomorrow, although this was not a big deal as I did get a French balcony. I realised all of the receptionist use this sentence to fog you away they will always say “will fix tomorrow, technical problem will see tomorrow” when they could be honest and not make promises you won’t deliver. When tomorrow comes nothing happens, you persistently have to pester the receptionist to get something done, pls be advice reception stuff are rude and bad example to other staff. Although the hotel offers all satellite TV and if you search you will probably find some English channel but I cannot verify this there only Al Jazzra English and could not find any other English channel. The remote battery die out on daily basis, when checked the remote batter I found squashed and dented battery leaking acid, they squash the battery to reproduce some power again, they don’t change the battery even if you complaint, they all say the same “I am here to change battery, I am getting new battery” but they don’t, they just squash it and put it back in. They promised air condition in there website and marketing, but I stayed in a shared room and we had to endure nights without air condition and the heating will stayed on and when I woke up I had to endure a splitting and drowsy headache everyday. The sink did not work properly on both rooms, we kept getting cold. Our bath room had a window facing the bed room and the balcony so people can see you sitting on the toilet or taking shower. The window had a blind that will not close; the blind is fitted in between window glass and had levers to close and open blind for privacy but that won’t work. I had an infant with us, so it was vital that we get hot water in the sink for the infant sake. So we noted all the defects in both rooms and took it to the reception. We spoke to the only boldy and overweight man in the reception as he was in charge.
I clearly sated what was the problem as we listed all the defects i.e AC, hot water, light bulb, blinds, Tv remote etc. When I was telling him everything he was not even taking notes, he sort treated me like I am a nuisance. But he said all will be fixed by tomorrow, I said “ok but did you get all that” as I knew he did not because a determined person will take notes. I also point several time the issue with the sink issue as we have a baby with us so it was important we get hot water at least in one room, but it seem they don’t give a damn as soon as they get your money. He said “yes, yes I will fix by tomorrow”. When tomorrow came we left the hotel in the morning reminding them but nothing happened and we got back in the evening. So went through the same procedure over and over again through out the week, eventually some of the issues was sorted but by the end of the week, we have already endured all the hardship so there is no point. At least one reception staff had the decency and said that my rooms air con does not work at all and there is no problem with it, it just don’t work, ironically I have been told through the week “I will fix tomorrow”. I found the receptionist are utterly rude, dishonest and treat you like you some nuisance and undermines you because you’re a foreigners, they think you don’t know anything and with few chappy smile they can get you to book a expensive and overpriced tour with them as well. Especially the boldy and over weight man, he has demonstrated to us the art of lazy, rude, and dishonest and he suddenly forgets how to speak English. Than latter when ever he sees you again he behaves like a child and shoves his head down under reception desk and pretends he did not see you and nothing is the problem. It seems he believes that because he closed his eyes, now you won’t be able to see him, if you know what I mean, ridiculously stupid. All that they want is money money and money, you will also realise that soon as they get your money they change immediately and you are no longer a valued customer. Anyway more about the hotel in general, it is a very nice hotel with nice deco. The location is very good with only 5-10 mins walk to most of the main attraction. So yes from all that it is a nice hotel, good location, nice foods, nice sized rooms, nice restaurant and terrace and most staff are very very nice.

They need to change the receptionist or give them intensive CS training.
My little 8 years old nephew can deliver an exceptionally distinguished service and will exceed client’s expectation. My little nephew will be able to give this lazy and rude receptionist training on how to deliver an outstanding CS and maintaining consistency. There are the few major odd problems with A/C, hot water etc, but these defects are not beyond fixable. The real problem is the receptionist staff that are reluctant and lazy to get it fix that’s the real problem, they get nothing done until pestered otherwise the hotel itself is very nice to stay.

And they should not promises thing they can’t deliver i.e A/C in every room because I paid a lot of money to stay there but did not get what they advertised, ironically they was quick to charge me for a little pot of Pringles crisps 10TL that we eat from room fridge, but won’t give me some money back for there failure to have a working A/C that I paid for. Anyway would I recommend to a friend, yes I would after knowing all this I can prepare with hotel to ensure I get what I want, after all it is a lovely grand hotel.

The Restaurant and Terrace

The restaurant on the ground floor is nice and cosy with variety breakfast, the restaurant and the terrace is on the top floor is lovely with a superb view and decent price. The staff waiters/waitress was only polite and hard working bunch with a smile and honesty. Emre was a first guy that came to our assistant and used his initiative to help us and make us comfortable and helped us with baby high chair all the time, he has to be an asset to the hotel and lovely guy. There was another two young man one was very tall and they both was exceptionally helpful and willing to help. The waitress was super girls, they went out of there way to make us feel comfortable and was very supportive with my 1yrs old daughter as she can be very handful and demanding. My daughter got attached to Pinar (waitress). Pinar and Giza was so supportive, kind and friendly. The chef was an exceptionally lovely guy who prepared food for my daughter at our request and with the help of lovely waitress Pinar and Giza. The chef prepares mouth watering food too and worth trying many dishes in the restaurant. To be honest it was them the waitress, waiters and the chef and the food that made my stay very comfortable and only for them I will go back again. Mr Tuncay also delivered most of the promises as he did give us a room with balcony, but all room comes with French balcony anyway.

Rooms

The rooms were clean, tidy, comfortable and decent size. The bed was very comfortable with orthopaedic mattress and lovely pillow too.

Room Tip: Ensure to get room with working A/C and working sink, all rooms are more or less the same and come w...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed April 26, 2012

it s very nice hotel with exellent room , dinner , breakfast , and lunch .i am very happy because this hotel srvice is exellent.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Westerlo, Antwerpen, Belgium
Reviewed April 26, 2012

i stayed for a few days there and I can't say enough good things about the Hotel stuff!
Thank you a million for showing us the real hospitality of Turkish people. We felt really spoilt and had an answer to any question we had, before we even thought about it. A special thanks to reception Selcuk who made us feel better than at home.
The Hotel is perfectly situated, near most of the must see attractions. Aghia Sofia, Blue Mosque, the Basilica, Top Kapi. You name it, it's all less than 15 minutes away
Breakfast buffet is superb and has a nice variety
The rooms are spacious and clean
All in all totally recommended!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Nairobi
Reviewed April 12, 2012

The Hotel extended great hospitality from day one! Very friendly and helpful staff members from Tuncay the General manager, Nesrin the general cordinator and Selbuk at the reception and all the other staff at the hotel - all extremely helpful!

Rooms were spacious and clean

The hotel is very central with some great attractions within a walking distance........

On the overall we enjoyed our stay at Albatros and would highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: The suite with the Jacuzzi was amazing!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Nisha R
Dubai
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I stayed at Albatros Premier during my visit to Turkey an this hotel is very near to attractions one should not miss while in Istanbul, like the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sofya, the Hippodrome, and many others. A mere 10 minutes walk can get you into those attractions form this hotel. The rooms are not bad as well. I took a triple room since we are a family of three and it was not the biggest, but as I said it was clean and a good place to come back to after a hectic day of sightseeing. The breakfast was not all that lavish, but it was enough, and the staff were very friendly and helpful too.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family