* Very good security and service.
* McDonald's around the corner with good Mediterranean salad.
* The facilities seem like they were originally pretty high quality and extensive, but, except for the outer pool, a bit run down and unused.
* Nice beadspread, nice sized room and furnishings.
* Compared to most hotels, close to airport, cheaper transportation to/from airport.
* Located on opposite side of airport from the cultural old town area. Even further from the night life area. Expensive transportation to those areas, or very long commute with cheaper transportation, especially during rush hour. This is the worst thing about the hotel. Thus if you are single it is probably a mistake to stay there unless you are staying only one night and not going downton, even at discounted rates. Transportation to/from airport ($5) is cheaper than to downtown hotels (about $20), but you pay taxi about $20 if you want to go downtown!
*Air conditioning is a joke. Prepare for discomfort on hot days.
* No electric hot water carafe in room for making coffee. It seems they had never heard of such a thing. I don't know how many stars it takes to provide one, but I find them very convenient. Also, although the towels were okay, I wish there were wash cloths in the bathroom. These things may be common not to have in Istanbul, hotels, because they were not in another similar priced hotel I stayed at in Istanbul.
* Management seems greedy/needy in pushing you to get drinks (see above about hot water carafe) and eat at restaurant.
* Entrance has an airport type security thing you walk through, which seems like it must be just pretense.
* There was a fan in the window of the shower stall, which went on automatically when taking shower, which was nice. But bizarrely, it's electric cord hung down about a foot into the shower stall. Don't they know about electricity and water?
* The little shampoo bottle, a vestige of when the hotel was a 3+ star hotel, was half-full (do they refill it or leave it there until it is all used up!)
* The halls are very dark, lighted by movement sensing lights that seem too dim. Can't hardly see at all if have sunglasses on.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sevcan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sevcan Hotel Istanbul