“Not a happy experienc”

Ranked #1,057 of 1,129 Hotels in Istanbul
Stroud
“Not a happy experienc”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

The first room we had here was appalling, only one curtain half hanging off its moorings, not enough to cover the window, smelt of smoke, food very poor. The last three days of our trip, we had to return here, better room but no mattress protector, a sheet not big enough to tuck under the mattress, just laid on the top of it, so moved every time we did! Bathroom poorly cleaned, air conditioning ineffective. We asked for a safe key as there was none in situ, a replacement bulb for bed head light and drinking glasses. My husband took the receptionist up to the room to clearly explain the missing/broken items. Nothing was done.
I would never stay here again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Turkish first
Pontarlier, Fransa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

This hotel is a joke: Receptionists asked us for a pen, can you believe this? They do not even have pens. Our checkout was marked by the receptionist forgetting to give our passports back, yes yes. My room was full of dirt on the floor like thick yogurt (or what you think it is) stains dating from first WW. The window was letting too much noise enter. beds were decent. Bathroom was disgustingly old fashioned. Bring your own everything: towels bedsheets toothpaste toothbrush soap, slippers. Very old furniture, even older than your granmas basement decoration. I could not sleep because of the highway noise; the dirty bedsheets, the matress that tortured my back and the horrific design of the hotel. You could definitely turn a horror movie there: HOSTEL 4. 4 stars? not even the spike of one star.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Istanbul hotels

Bucharest, Romania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2011

The hotels is in the middle of the action .I'm talking about the traffic in Istanbul(we travel with cars). Cleanliness is bad. Little rooms .Bad breakfast. Free parking.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank Theosr
Rostock
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2010

one of the worst hotels I've ever been to: Hotel Sevcan, which is a Turkish-Airline contract hotel and a shame for the airline... bad and rude reception, smoky rooms, not working air condition, dirty beds and bathroom, already used half-empty shampoo bottles... Despite the fairly good dinner, this was not the compensation for a missed flight, one would expect or which I remembered I got from BA or KLM before.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
5 Thank Ben-aus-Rostock
kiev
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2010

i stayed there one night as i had intermediate stop in Istanbul for more than 12 hours. and THY took me to this hotel. this is the worst hotel i have ever stayed in. staff is really rude. my best recommendation is to avoid this place.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
New Delhi, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2010

This is no hotel ,it is a hole in the wall ..Anyone going to Istanbul must beware of this place reeking with smoke filled rooms, bedsheets with ants ,corridors dark airconditioning that does not work ,and when you complain the scam is that a technician comes who declares the ac is working and his word is final and that only you are making complaint and all other guests are sleeping peacefully so ac is working .
This hotel earnes money from gullible tourists and from the guests that Turkish Airlines Free Hotel sends ,as sheep for slaughter to be awake all night ....both are complicit in this scam and earn backwards commision for every sheep (read guest sent to this hole in the wall) read its revies dated 2006 nothing has changed everything is same .NEVER EVER stay in this hotel even for free voucher of Turkish Airlines who get commision from every guest (sheep)sent there ...awful ,pathetic,filthy I run out of words for this hole in the wall

Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank pilgrim_gsa
canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2008

As soonas I walked into the hotel there was problems. First of all they we to pick me up at the air port but the never came. I waited 45 minutes and then took a taxi. I was travelleing with a 22 month old baby. When I got to the hotel my room was not ready and there was no one to help me get my things out of the taxi. I waited 30 minutes in the lobby and then they took me to my room. When I got to the room someone else was in it. SO I went back down stairs and waited again for 20 minutes and the got me another room. This is the first time I have ever seen a room like it. The window looked into the hall. The staff was very unhelpful and rude. My family came to visit me and they would not let them into my room to visit and treated them like [--]. I would NEVER recomend this hotel to anyone. I ended up leaving and staying somewhere safer with the baby but they still charged me and never even said the were sorry. Even the taxi driver that took me to the hotel asked me why I was staying there. I am Turkish and I can speak the language. I am sure that they would be even worse to people from other countrys.

Stayed April 2008
4 Thank divane
Also consider these accommodations in or near Istanbul
Pelikan Hotel
#459 of 1,129 in Istanbul
Mard-Inn Hotel
Mard-Inn Hotel
#2 of 4 in Esenyurt

Been to Sevcan Hotel? Share your experiences!