“Another interesting part in İstanbul..” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #122 of 1,033 things to do in Istanbul
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Also know as the Flower Passage, the courtyard of the Cité de Péra building was once the favored spot for local flower-sellers. Today, the lively area is home to many restaurants, taverns and shops.
istanbul
3,189 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9,727 helpful votes
“Another interesting part in İstanbul..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

If you are in Beyoğlu area,then it is a must to walk down this very famous restaurants area.Plenty of choices to sit down,good english menu,fixed prices except the fish which is daily price you must bargain,otherwise no surprise with the bill.Very nice ambiance and live music during night time.Recommended.

1 Thank junior1907

19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Went for the history”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

We checked out the 'street' because of the history involved with (I found the Wikipedia page during our research on Istanbul and then had to see it). We didn't eat there (we were on a 'greasy spoon' budget) but the menus looked delicious and the space was quiet and bright so I think we would have loved it. There weren't as many original architectural pieces as I'd hoped for but it was worth walking through a time or two between Balik Pasaji.

Visited October 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 213 helpful votes
“A tranquil haven away from istanbuls busiest street”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I enjoyed a lovely lunch here during our recent visit to Istanbul and found it be a wonderful break away from the hustle and bustle of istiklal street.
Yes, there are cheaper options for lunch in the area but the ambience and setting made this worthwhile for us!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Selina_J_W
Harrogate, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“A wonderful, colourful evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

We were in Istanbul last Christmas time and decided one evening to have a meal in the Cicek Pasaji. We used the Taksim tram to get there and this put us in a happy frame of mind. The tram was rammed full of people and we had to stand at the front next to the driver. It was insanely funny; Istiklal was full of people so the driver was ringing his bell and shouting at pedestrians to get out of the way,for the whole journey.

It was grey and raining that evening and when we got to Cicek all the restaurants had their awnings down, and with both sides meeting in the middle it meant we were kept dry. The place was heaving with very few places to sit outside, but eventually we were seated and ordered our food. Two down from us there was a large party of Turkish people having some kind of a "do", and when they had almost finished their meals a band arrived and the people treated us to a wonderful few hours of Turkish dancing and singing...brilliant! Bye the way, our food was delicious.

So,Cicek holds happy memories for me, but it was probably made memorable by the people rather than the place itself - lovely as it is.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank daddyjames
Chicago, Illinois
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Go here for the ambience!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

I went here twice, tried two different restaurants and didn't think the mezes were as amazing as I had heard. I actually thought the menus were a bit limiting and overpriced. However, the ambience is amazing so just for that, I would say check it out. I figured it was touristy but my local Turkish friend recommended it and said it was one of his favorite spots. To be fair, all my other friends loved it and I thought it was just so-so. If you walk through the passage and take a right down the next street you'll find a ton of additional restaurants and bars! A really fun energetic area!

Visited April 2013