Orient Hostel International
$145
$109
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Angel's Home Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$35
$34
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshagia sophiarooftop barperfect locationpublic transportmain attractionsfew minutes walkhookahbosphorusdistrictolivestram
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Everybody in the hostel was really nice, the dorms, the atmosphere, the yummy breakfast with Hard Boiles Eggs, and black,olives, the excelent

attention provide

I spent a lot of time just chilling in the couzey terrace seeing the Aya Sofia, and the Blue Mosque. I definitely recommend this hostel, the best in
Istambul

I stayed in this hostel more than two months!

I arrived early in the morning at the Hostel, though the check in was 1.00 PM. The staff member was excellent. He was kind enough to allow me to

cheek in early without extra payment.

the hostel is situated wonderfully close to the Hagia Sofia, Blue Mosque and other attractions. Clean, and safe. The hostel is very nice, It felt very secure

since the door locked and you had to be buzzed in. This was no issue, since there was a desk agent at all times. I would highly recommend this place!

Room Tip: The LARGE DORM is very, very NICE, very, very clean
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Ibrahim M
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Love for tourism and hospitality. That's what this hostel is all about! Being the first hostel to open in Instanbul, the guys here provide exceptional service from over 20 years of experience. Reception is 24 hours and so when I arrived at 3am from the airport I was enthusiastically greeted by the Orient Family straight away. They are always so happy to help you out and make you feel at home. The location is fantastic! it is at the heart of all the main tourist attractions which was really convenient as I only had one full day to go sightseeing before returning home to Australia. I initial book for a bedroom of 8 but was upgraded to a room of 4 upon checking in. The room was very clean and beds were very comfortable. Shower was always nice and hot. The reception team here are amazing who love to treat their guests. I had been sick from Morocco but was well looked after by the staff with complimentary lemon tea all day long and delicious choba (soup) for dinner on the house. At night the front entertainment area is the place to be where you can enjoy the company of other guest. Its a great atmosphere for a couple of drinks and some authentic turkish shisha. Overall, this was by far the best hostel experience I have had yet travelling alone. I will definitely come back again to see my Instanbul family! Inshallah. :)

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank alyssachhim
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Wow! I was so impressed with this place! An incredible value in "old city," just a 2 minute walk to the Blue Mosque/Hagia Sophia and 10 minutes to the Grand Bazaar. Room 202 was clean & comfortable with a really nice full size bath. The hostel has a private wing for private rooms which are quiet, comfortable and secure. This little hotel also serves a great breakfast, has a really nice evening lounge/bar and an unbelievable roof top view of the Bosphorus in one direction and Hagia Sophia in the other. Really fantastic place with excellent service.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 202 which was freshly renovated with new furnishings and clean fresh linens.
3  Thank Travelina14
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I stayed dormitory of 4 persons. Room was clean and neat. But it was not well-lighted.
We can eat breakfast for free from 8 o'clock every day(only egg and bread, cereal). And we can enjoy hot shower 24hours and Internet access and free Wi-fi. However,Wi-fi is not strong.
Reception staff was kind. They sometimes tell us joke. So nice and kind people.

The place is close to Aya Sophia and Blue-mosque. Very convenient to walk around old town of Istanbul.

3  Thank Meg998
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I was really pleased with this find of a hotel- embodies cheap and cheerful, and perfect for backpackers. The location, in Sultanahmet is barely five mins walk from the Aya Sofya and Blue Mosque, and a few minutes further on is the tram system running through Istanbul. The staff are friendly and helpful. Breakfast is basic but filing- french toast, yoghurt, olives, cereal, muesli bread with jam/honey and a tea or coffee. The dorm rooms and bathrooms were clean, and the price was extremely reasonable- 55 euros for 4 nights. Drinks at the bar are well pried, cocktails start at 15TL and a shisha pipe is 15TL as well (I recommend the apple).
Minor point that detracts- (and I can sleep through anything so the following didn't affect me at all, I just mention it because I don't think my travelling companion had much sleep this trip!) I'd say it's a hostel for those who don't mind staying up late- music goes on till late and you can hear it on the 2nd floor at the front where we were, also there is a mosque two mins down the road so light sleepers might be woken by the all to prayer.
But all in all would completely recommend it, this hostel deserves its good reputation!

Room Tip: The back of the hostel might be quieter.
2  Thank MamaLiz87