“Good food and Great view!”

Orient Hostel International
Ranked #9 of 1,242 Specialty Lodging in Istanbul
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We visited with co-owners, Onur and Ozden, on our last night in Istanbul. We dined on the roof top with a view of the Bosphorus River and of course the Blue Mosque and Hagai Sophia. We spoke with some of the residence and they loved the hostel experience. Our time with our friends was the best! However, the food was excellent as well.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Jean Ann F

Reviewed May 28, 2013

It was my second time in Istanbul at Orient Hostel, for me the most incredible city in the world! everyday is a new experience, between Europe and Asia, nobody can be bored there and one of the most incredible thing is Orient hostel where you can really experience Turkish hospitality and stare at Bosphorus landscape and Aya Sophia and Blue Mosque! The rooms are clean and the Hostel location is perfect for visiting the city. The staff is very polite and really careful trying to make you feel comfortable and at home! Really a good experience!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Federica C
Reviewed May 21, 2013

The hostel is at the best location and the street is amazing. The staff is very friendly and hostel is pretty neat and clean. The only negative about this one is the late night parties, noise might disturb a few. We are a bunch of friends and truly enjoyed the music with hukka and beer!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Adi1204
Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

The hostel is clean, staffs are alk helpful and friendly, breakfast is modest but enough, rooftop view is perfect, location wise is perfect, groceries shops are all around, price is good and they offered great packages too for day trip around Istanbul. The only thing you have to bear is the noise at night. I think it came from the clubs behind the hostel. The easiest way to get there is by having tram ride from Attaturk Airport and change at Zettyrburnu and heads to Sultanahmet. Cheap and fast. It's quite easy to find from Sultanahmet's stop; just ask people around. It just 3 minutes walk from the hostel to Topkapi Palace, Hagia Sofya and other attractions. I simply like the hostel ;D

• Stayed: November 2012
4  Thank Fakhizaa A
Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

We were in Istanbul for two days at the beginning of our trip in Turkey and stayed at the Orient Hostel. The room wasn't the fanciest I've seen but it was comfortable enough and very clean. The staff was amazing, very helpful and welcoming, specially at the bar downstairs. We got to hang out with other backpackers and had a really good time, I'd say it's the busiest place in Sultanhamet at night time. We came back through Istanbul at the end of our trip and although we didn't stay there again (we would have if we had stayed in a hostel but we went for a hotel instead!!), we did hang out at the bar again and had a blast. Plus, they made French toast at breakfast instead of just serving plain white bread like everybody else does, nice touch! I definitely recommend it

• Stayed: May 2013
5  Thank ValCanada11
Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at many many hostels around Europe and this one is by far my favourite.
I didn't come here looking for a good night sleep. I came to meet people and have fun. And I have accomplished that very well.
The 30 bed dorm is by far the largest I have ever stayed in, but it's not at all terrible. It's a fun and friendly atmosphere and the showers and bathrooms are very clean and the rooms are very well maintained and regularly cleaned.

The staff are amazing here. So very very helpful and I've made some new friends for life.
The nightlife is second to none in this street, the music is great and I've met so many like minded travelers.

I have had so much fun with the boys that work here and I will most definitely be coming back again.

If you get the chance make sure you at least come and have a beer on the terrace, you won't regret it :)

10/10

• Stayed: May 2013
5  Thank Dazwdy
Reviewed May 11, 2013

This hostel was really handy for my stay in Istanbul. I'm currently a solo traveller and only had a couple of nights in the city. It was really handy to all the big attractions like Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia, which are both must see's. They have a bar there which was great for hanging out in and meeting new people! I got alot of help from Hasan as I arrived there, he gave me heaps of info about the city and how to get around etc. Everything I needed was provided and it was all nice and clean...I'd definitely reccommend this hostel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo