“Much more than we expected”

Orient Express Hotel
Ranked #59 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed March 11, 2014

The moment we walked in the door we where made to feel very welcome ,we checked in very quickly and then sat down with a very much needed drink and given all the information we where likely to need for are four day break in beautiful Istanbul . The lovely man that took are bags and showed us to are room was so helpful , he gave us a choose of rooms one at the front (tram & street noise ) ore one at the back much quieter , which we took .then after a good look around the local area and something to eat it was late and so after a long a day's traveling went to bed in for a good nights rest , but about 1 .30 in the morning we found out being in the back was not good ,we had noisy neighbours very loud on and of til 4.30 . We do not like to moan and it was not the hotels fault, but after a great breakfast the lovely man who had shown as to are room asked how we where so we told him , he apologised and then proceeded to show as not one but four more rooms to take our pick from , in the end we moved to a large room at the front ,and came to like the trams and people watching from the juiet balcony , also the shower's are wonderful ,bed's good and firm and all the little added extra's like tea ,coffee ,kettle ,slipper's bathrobe's , shampoo's , and good heating that you control , made for wonderful stay and that's not even mentioning the big extra of the heated (very warm) pool . But the best part of this very lovely hotel is it's brilliant staff, all of which were very helpful and friendly especially guest relations and reception thank you for all you help and making are visit the best it could have been . Also restaurant on top floor very very good will write separate review

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pickledill
There are newer reviews for Orient Express Hotel

Reviewed March 8, 2014

I spent 5 days in Istanbul (my first visit there) ad was recommended the hotel by a friend. Upon arrival someone came and carried my suitcase in and I was brought a glass of apple tea while they checked that my room was ready. My room was very clean and tidy, a TV with a selection of channels and a nice size bathroom. There was a problem though which was that it was at the front of the hotel, outside of which runs a tram line and the tram drivers do like to ring their bells. I thought I'd see if it quietened down that night, which it did, but as a light sleeper it was still too loud. The next morning I asked if I could be moved to a rear facing room. The Receptionist said that, if I could pack my case then they would move me when I went out. They were as good as their word and, when I came back later in the day, I had a nice quiet room at the back of the hotel. Perfect.

One day I had a very early start, as I was going to Gallipoli, and the Receptionist arranged for me to have some sandwiches made up (as I was leaving before breakfast started). Breakfast itself was good, a nice choice of cerial, cooked food and drinks.

When preparing to return to the UK I asked the Reception staff if they could book me a taxi to the airport (which would have cost me about 140 Lira). They said that they could but that if I could be ready half an hour earlier then I could go on their shuttle bus (30 Lira). Needless to say, I was ready for the shuttle.

All in all a smashing stay in a hotel which is ideally situated for all the main sites which someone on a short break would want to see. The staff were fantastic and really did all that they could to make my stay a real treat.

Room Tip: Ask for a room which does not face the main street.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank BlackBlue25
Reviewed March 5, 2014

This is an excellent 3 star hotel. All the staff we came across were lovely and very helpful. The breakfast had good choice and was v good. We used the pool a couple of times, everytime there were loads of towels available and the area was very clean.

We ate at the restuarant on top which has an awesome view, again lovely staff and delicious food.
The other night we went to their other restaurant 2min away and this was the same experience - perfect meal.

Location of hotel is in the Old City and walking distance to all the main sites.

WOuld definitely recommend and stay again.

Room Tip: We had rooms at the back and were very quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 4, 2014

My wife and I stayed here from the 26th January to the 1st February ( 6 nights). This was our first visit to Istanbul and we had a fabulous time. I had been struck beforehand by the excellent reviews on Tripadvisor and the hotel certainly lived up to expectations. We have stayed in hotels across Europe and I cannot remember one where it was such good value. The room was an ok size, it was nice and warm despite the very cold weather and the shower and hot water excellent. Tea and coffee were provided and a generous supply of turkish delights each day were a very pleasant addition. Breakfasts were very varied and plentiful and dietary requirements were dealt with promptly and without fuss. On arrival we were given some superb tips and maps for the area. The hotel is superbly situated for all the sights and the waterfront. The 5 star restaurant on the top floor was outstanding and again reasonably priced as indeed was their sister restaurant only 50 metres away where we dined on an evening twice with superb food and service , again for very reasonable prices. All in all, we would recommend this hotel without any hesitation.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I stayed in Orient express Istanbul from 27-28 February 2014. I found it one of the best hotels I stayed abroad. The USP of this hotel is its excellent, well behaved, and cooperative staff. They go out of their duties to help you and extend their warmth and affection. When I left the hotel on 28th February, I found that one of my envelope containing my valuable document had left in a shop which is half kilometer from the hotel. I rang up Ms Zhanna Fevraleva, hotel's Guest relations officer, she took trouble to go to that shop, collected the envelope and sent it by post to me at New Delhi. This kind of helping attitude is rarely find elsewhere.
As far as location of the hotel is concerned, the hotel is nicely located near the main monuments of Istanbul. Tram station is at the walking distance. Rooms are neatly cleaned and sober. Food is rich and tasty. Overall it had been an excellent experience of stay. I highly recommend everyone to stay in this hotel when they go to Istanbul.

Sanjeev Banzal. New Delhi India.

Room Tip: I feel all rooms are cosy and comfortable.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I have stayed in many hotels and this one by far had the best service despite only being 3 stars! I found all staff very friendly and helpful and felt like they all knew their guests well. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would happily stay there again for my next visit! The facilities were very good, the room was nice and clean and all the staff happy to help at any time. It is perfectly located for walking to all the main attractions or close to the tram if you want to go further away. The free airport transfer was the icing on the cake! Thank you Orient Hotel, I had a great stay!

Room Tip: Request a room not facing the street if you prefer not to hear the street noise.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

In August we stayed at Orient Express 3 nights and it was great. The swimming pool is absolutely a plus in the neighborhood. The rooms are clean and great for the value. Everyday new towels and other bathroom stuff. Top terrace restaurant is what we like so it is another bonus if you are staying here. The staff is helpful. We had free transfer due to their policy and that was very nice of them as well. Highly recommended. Sirkeci Group knows how to run this business for sure! X

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple