“These people know what good customer service is all about!”

Orient Express Hotel
Ranked #62 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We booked via ebookers but had a question for the hotel, this was the start of the wonderful service the team here give. I not only had my question answered promptly but was sent a list of useful links to things to do and see in the area. We booked in advance for the restaurant and sorted out transfers with the minimum of bother. Transport was waiting when we arrived and we were welcomed like friends.
The hotel itself is very comfortable, immaculately clean, and well situated. Breakfast was very good and the other half thought the pool area was amazing. The Imbat restaurant is something else but that is another review. Thanks for a lovely stay,

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lozzybird
Sirkecigroup, Owner at Orient Express Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

I would like to thank you for your review about our hotel on tripadvisor;
We are all delighted to know how much you enjoyed your stay
Hope to host you again soon
Best wishes from Orient Express Family
Faruk Boyacı

Write a ReviewReviews (1,777)

Reviewed September 24, 2013

We stayed three nights at the Orient Express. The location is superb because it is right in the middle of the city and all the key locations are within walking distance.
A great rooftop restaurant...but make reservations.
Only drawback is that it is right on the tram line and so it can get noisy in the mornings especially if you plan to sleep in late.
The staff is very helpful and always smiling. Great attitude and service.
There is a personalized letter from the owner in the room with his personal mobile number if you want to complain directly. This is was a good touch.

Room Tip: Choose the higher floors as the sound from the tram can be a nuisance
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

I would like to thank you for the nice words and for sharing your experience;
All the staff sends you the warmest regards and we all hope to see you soon again;

Reviewed September 24, 2013

This is a very nice hotel, not that big (making it more personal), ubiquation is very good close to old town top attractions. At the time we stayed there the hotel restaurant "Imbat" was ranked no 1 in Istanbul on tripadvisor. There is an indoor pool, which is not very big, but on the other hand not so frequented. The staff working in the hotel are very nice and it is obvious that the hotel "specializes" in giving great service.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

I would like to thank you for your review about our hotel on tripadvisor;
We are all delighted to know how much you enjoyed your stay
Hope to host you again soon
Best wishes from Orient Express Family

Reviewed September 20, 2013

I cannot say enough great things about the staff at this hotel. They are so welcoming & friendly words really can't express how amazing they are. Upon check in, we received a letter from the owner of the hotel with his personal cell phone on it in case of any issues. Needless to say there were NONE. This hotel is in a great location & the staff can guide you anywhere you need to go. Amazing rooftop restaurant with amazing food & drinks and again the best wait staff. Upon our return we received another personal email from the hotel which made me love them even more, there really is no better place to stay for the value!

"Dear Lindsey, Joann and Ashley
I hope you are very well and got back safely.
I would like to say on behalf of Orient Express family that we are really happy to meet and host you. I hope you enjoyed your stay at Orient Express. It is a pleasure to meet with you.

If you have any complain or suggestion about our hotel please let me know.
Your feedbacks are very precious and will be helpful to improve our service.

Please let me know your upcoming trips to Istanbul or Turkey, I will be glad to assist you.

Hope to see you again.
Greetings,
Loreta
Guest relations"

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I visited Istanbul with my wife in early September. We were transferred to Orient Express from the neighbouring hotel that was apparently overbooked. Transition was effortless, price remained the same and our room was apparently upgraded. Rooms are cozy and extremely tidy - as is the whole hotel. Beds are comfortable, swimming pool area well kept and spacious, restaurants well above the average level of those in Europe in general and the hotels theme of the Orient Express -train a nice personal touch lifting this hotel above the masses. Personnel is extremely friendly and are willing to go the extra mile to make the stay a notch better. We spent the four days we were in Istanbul rummaging around the various historical sites the city has to offer. Orient Express was a peaceful haven amidst the very vibrant city. We must have walked 30-40 km's per day, we asked the staff on tips for relaxing and they suggested and booked for us a very pleasurable hamam from Neorion, a hotel belonging to the same Sirkeci hotel chain.
Should i ever happen to visit the magnificent town of Istanbul again, im sure to book a room from Orient Express. And in doing so i am securing that one important element of a successfull holiday is in place.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Great customer service from all the staff, fabulous breakfast with huge variety, clean and comfortable rooms, appreciated the Turkish Delight candies placed in our rooms and the feather pillow I requested. Convenient to all the sights and right on the tram line. Dinner in the Imbat Restaurant on the Rooftop was excellent and pretty view.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Sirkecigroup, Owner at Orient Express Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

My Dearest Guest
Firstly I would like to thank you for your review for Orient Express Hotel.
Your words brought us thorough happiness.
It is very important for us that our guests leave the hotel completely satisfied.
As guest is everything for us, reading this nice words make us each day prouder of what we do.
We will be very happy to host you again at Orient Express Family next time you will visit Istanbul.
Kind regards
Owner of the hotel

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Here is my recension for Orient Express Hotel in which we were staying one week in July. The staff was very kind and pleasant. The rooms were clean and tidy. Maid surprised us every morning with sweets (Rahatlokum) which were placed on the bed. Breakfast was very good, everybody can find something for its taste. Location of the hotel is excellent because every historical monument is in a walking distance. Traveling from airport to hotel is organised very good and we got it for free. While staying at the hotel we were feeling just like at home. We are satisfied on the ratio of money given and quality of the hotel and service. Next time when we go to Istanbul we won't look for any other hotel because Orient Express is like home to us in Istanbul.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Aleksandra V

My dearest guests
I would like to thank for your feedback about Orient Express Hotel.
I am very glad you enjoyed your stay and our hotels facilities.
As for our group guest satisfaction comes before everything else,
it brought us a lot joy and happiness helping you to organize a unique holiday.
Hope to have the pleasure to host you again at Orient Express.
Kind regards