“Wonderful Hotel!”

Ranked #68 of 1,155 Hotels in Istanbul
Hartford, Connecticut
“Wonderful Hotel!”
Reviewed September 10, 2011

This was the perfect hotel for us. I walk with a cane so we wanted to be close to everything and it was a short walk or tram ride to all of the most important sites. The room on the back side was very quiet which was what I wanted. When I was working, I stayed in many of the most expensive hotels in Europe and never had a cleaner room or better service from the staff. The breakfast was very good and was really a brunch as it had so many different items. We enjoyed the dinner and the beautiful view from the roof-top restaurant and thought the pool was great. I would be happy to stay there again and would like to thank the staff for making our trip so special!

Room Tip: The rooms on the front are lovely but if you want quiet ask for a rear room.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Carol S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Washington, DC
Reviewed September 5, 2011

Positive: Breakfast was delicious and varied each day, which was a nice change. The staff was excellent and welcoming. Location is perfect - a short walk to the tram and most of the big sights.

We could barely stand up in the shower, because we're tall and the ceiling was low. Our room had a rock hard full size bed. I woke up in pain every morning, and my husband's feet hung over the edge. Every other place we went had a king or queen bed in their double room, so we were very surprised to find such a small bed at this hotel - especially because everything else was so nice!

I think a shorter couple who like a firm mattress would have no issues here!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 2, 2011

We went on a family holiday to Istanbul and chose this hotel. It was fantastic and the rooms are a good size and we were given complimentary turkish delight. The staff were very welcoming and held a suprise birthday party for my sister as they found out her birthday from her passport; it was very thoughtful. We were also given a lot of information about the tourist sites from the staff which really helped us get the most out of our experience. The hotel made the trip to turkey a fantastic, relaxed and easy experience!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 2, 2011

Orient Express is a beautiful hotel and all the members of staff were very friendly. My family and I felt very well looked after. During the holiday it was my birthday and the hotel gave me a birthday present and a birthday cake; they were very kind. The hotel itself has an excellent location with it being close to Topkapi palace and the Blue Mosque. The hotel is also very close to a metro station making transport around the city easy. The rooms in the hotel were very clean and the beds were comfortable to sleep in. The television had a wide variety of channels and the air conditioning was powerful and kept the room cool. The restaurant on the roof had delicious food and a beautiful view. At breakfast in the morning there was a large range of different foods catering to all tastes. Overall, the hotel was excellent and if I return to Istanbul I would definitely stay in the Orient Express again!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed August 31, 2011

We have stayed in the hotel for three days only. I should say that I was surpriced by the reception and attitude of the hotel personnel. They are very well-wishing, honest and sincere, which is in opposite to that I saw in Antalia region. Regardless only three days (two nights) stay I have been congratulated with my birthday (while in Italy and Bali even with two weeks stay, nobody paid attention to my birthday and the fact that my husband and I were honeymooners).
The rooms are clean, a bit small, but agreeable. For longer stay I would suggest to book the larger room.
Breakfast was qiute good. I was well surprised by Turkish delight and fresh honey in the comb.
The hotel is good located, 5 to 10 min walk from the key attractions.
In general, I would say it was "value-for-money".

Room Tip: For longer stay I would suggest to book the larger room.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong
Reviewed August 29, 2011

This most I like this hotel :
- extremely convenience, it is right at the center of main street. Very easy get around the city even by walk .
- I remember upon my arrival, the manager immediate explain to us where is worth to visit
- very care their customers, when I check out and found the camera case missing. The manager try all the ways to find for us, since we check out already and other customer already in the room, They can't get in the room, The manager promise to check out the room for us .This is the most I appreciated.

Room Tip: I like my room,if bigger is better but it is ok no noisier ! clean
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Argentina
Reviewed August 27, 2011

Very Nice Hotel. Near from everything in old downtown. Excelent view from Restaurant and also affordable. Get 10% discount at reception before you go.

• Stayed August 2011