TripAdvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
1,888 results
All reviews rooftop restaurant topkapi palace blue mosque within walking distance tram line old city excellent location galata bridge indoor pool rooms are small main attractions stayed for nights great city hotel staff would highly recommend this hotel public transport hotel is situated
Selected filters
Reviewed May 5, 2011

This hotel is themed on the famous Orient Express, although the rooms are a bit small you can not beat the location and its hospitality. Our room was on the 7th floor with a view of the Bosphorus The staff are very friendly and helpful and give good honest advice. The buffet breakfast has ample choice and the restaurant on the rooftop is exceptional. We had dinners on two occasions and found it a great eating experience, the food was excellent. It gets very busy and you need to reserve a table in advance.
I would most certainly return and have no hesitation in recommending this hotel as one of the best places I have stayed in Istanbul.

Room tip: Request rooms on the Higher floors .
Date of stay: May 2011
Reviewed May 1, 2011

The service here is excellent. The fact that you are given a note with the mobile number of the owner and told to call him personally if you have problems reflects on how well run this hotel is. Superb location, especially if you arrive by train as we did. The rooms are not that special and we didn't have a view but it didn't matter: in Istanbul you are out all the time or just relaxing when back at the hotel. I would highly recommend this place.

Date of stay: May 2011
Reviewed April 29, 2011

This is a very nice hotel in the heart of the old part of the city. The major sites are walking distance, and the trams and ferries make everywhere else easy to reach.
The rooms are small, with very little storage space. I used the two tiny drawers and the wardrobe and my husband left his things in his suitcase. If you were staying for more than a few days it would be a problem. I found the bed rather hard on the first night, but then got used to it. The duvet was also small, so unfortunately my husband spent most nights feeling cold, as I apparently pull the duvet! The shower room was clean, and functional, but didn't have a bath, which might bother some people.
The breakfast was good, with plenty of choices, especially the cheeses and cold meats and the fresh bread. Pity they choose to use awful fruit juice.
We started each day with a swim in the pool, which was small, but very clean.
The hotel does have a computer in a small room near reception if you don't have your own internet access.
All the staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful, and their English was good.
I'm very pleased we decided to stay in the old part of the city, we went over to Taksim, but didn't really like it. The hotels in the old city are obviously fairly small, and have to adapt themselves to the demands of the 21st century, and there have to be some compromises, but overall I think this hotel does it's best to provide everything it can for it's guests.

Reviewed April 24, 2011

I stayed 5nights at this hotel and it was perfect.
The room was absolutely clean and has good condition.
Also the location was perfect(between Gulhane and Eminonu) and all staffs were friendly and helpful.
I was very impressed their great hospitality and kind consideration.
If I can visit Istanbul agin, I definitely will stay Orient Express Hotel agin.

P.S: I also visited “Imbat Restaurant” which is located at top floor of the hotel, the view from there was good and food were very delicious.

Reviewed April 19, 2011

Located in the middle of the old town, few minutes walk from Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace, bosphorus boat rides.
Rooms clean, pleasant, neutral, good firm beds. Rooms are small and the views from the room are just into the street.
Very good all-you-can-eat buffet breakfast.
Staff very friendly and helpful.