“A perfect location and kind people”

and 1 more site!
Poem Hotel Istanbul
Ranked #629 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed March 4, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a wonderful stay at Hotel Poem. The hotel was suggested through a travel booking site and we chose it not knowing what to expect - we're both glad we did! From the moment we arrived we were made to feel comfortable and welcomed. Everyone was incredibly kind and went out of their way to be helpful and accommodating. On several occasions, we were given excellent suggestions for things to see and do around Istanbul.

Our room (Listening to Istanbul) was beautiful, with an incredible view of the Bosphorus, the Golden Horn, and the Sea of Marmara. It also had a large bathroom with heated floor tiles and excellent water pressure. From the rooftop (where they have a bar in the warmer months) you can easily see the domes and minarets of both the Hagia Sophia and Blue Mosque and hear the call to prayer. Breakfast was served in a sunroom adjacent to the hotel and was something that my husband and I looked forward to each day.

As far as location, Hotel Poem is on a street that isn't open to through traffic, so it's quiet at night but still within seconds of one of the busier spots for dining and shopping. Many times on the trip my husband and I talked about how glad we were to be within a 3 minute walk of all of the greatest attractions, while still having a view of the water and passing ships.

We loved our stay at Hotel Poem and look forward to returning!

1  Thank Virginia S
adrianIstanbul, General Manager at Poem Hotel Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

My dearest guest,

I would like to thank you for your review about Hotel Poem on tripadvisor. We appreciate your kind comments. Please do not forget us and please do not hesitate to contact us for any assistance about Istanbul or Turkey. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We spent 6 nights at this hotel and we were pleased. The location is excellent, within walking distance of the main streets of Sultanahmet and the sights, you can walk the walk everywhere. The breakfast is good, apparently within the Turkish customs. Small room, good bathroom. The bed and pillows were not very comfortable but ok. We stayed in the room "Street". Everything is clean and the atmosphere is nice, good hotel only to sleep. People caring reception and all spoke English. Too bad: no lift and you need to carry your bags for many steps. Anyway, I recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to spend little in Istanbul.

2  Thank Ana_RS1408

Reviewed February 12, 2013

I must admit on arrival it felt a bit like faulty towers. But as we settled in and found our bearings we felt very special. Staff were always very helpful and happy to help. There are only 16 rooms which kind of makes its exclusive breakfast is yummy with lots to eat and served on the terrace or conservatory. Location is fab as right near Blue Mosque and central location you can even pop back and leave your shopping or have a rest. Rooms are small but very clean roof terrace has an amazing sea view. I have always stayed in larger hotels with all amenities, but actually we liked the feel and look of this place. Do read the poem in each of the rooms. A reasonable young sight seeing asian couple.

Room Tip: Free internment don't forget to pack your ipad
2  Thank Samina H

Reviewed February 11, 2013

We stayed just two nights in the Hotel Poem February 2013. We stayed in the War Lovers room that has a beautiful view over the sea. The room was very clean and pretty. The hotel has a great location for historical attractions and the streets near by are very idyllic, specially in the evening time. Breakfast buffee was tasty. In the lobby there was computer and printer for the customers to use and we made our chek-in with it which was a good idea as the airport had pretty terrible rush and hassle. Hotel staff was very nice and friendly and gave us good hints. This is a quiet home-like hotel where they really want you to enjoy your stay. Can recommend, good value for your money!

Room Tip: War lovers room!
1  Thank tipi r

Reviewed January 13, 2013

My wife and I spent few days here in spring of last year.Location is great..all but few steps from sight seeing,shops and some great neighborhood restaurants..cute rooms..very attentive front desk and a great simple breakfast set in a bright room with a view of the water...This
place has a personal touch and a safe vibe.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank arabourne
Reviewed January 12, 2013

The hotel is in a great location; most of the rooms are really small, but they're not all the same, and some have a very nice view. The staff is very friendly, and everything is kept nice and clean.
The breakfast was also good, but a little repetitive after a while.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the view.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SimoneX4ever
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I stayed 4 nights at Poem Hotel with my daughter during New Year. The location of this hotel could not be better to explore the touristic sites. It is close to the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sofia, Bazars, etc., in a very safe touristic area.The hotel is located in a quiet street but it is also close to many restaurants, and cafes. The room was very clean, and differently of other reviews, my room was quite large with a beautiful view of the Marmara Sea. The manager/owner Adrian was very friendly and ready to give any information you need to explore Istanbul. For me, the breakfast was ok, with nice bread, cheese, jam, eggs, salad and tangerines. This is a small hotel, with a great location, good service and a good value for money.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends