Poem Hotel Istanbul
Agoda.com
$503
$366
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I stayed 4 nights at Poem Hotel with my daughter during New Year. The location of this hotel could not be better to explore the touristic sites. It is close to the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sofia, Bazars, etc., in a very safe touristic area.The hotel is located in a quiet street but it is also close to many restaurants, and cafes. The room was very clean, and differently of other reviews, my room was quite large with a beautiful view of the Marmara Sea. The manager/owner Adrian was very friendly and ready to give any information you need to explore Istanbul. For me, the breakfast was ok, with nice bread, cheese, jam, eggs, salad and tangerines. This is a small hotel, with a great location, good service and a good value for money.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Rita8363
adrianIstanbul, General Manager at Poem Hotel Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

My dearest guest,

I would like to thank you for your review about Hotel Poem on tripadvisor. We appreciate your kind comments. Please do not forget us and please do not hesitate to contact us for any assistance about Istanbul or Turkey. We hope to see you again.

Greetings from istanbul Hotel Poem family.

Yours faithfully,

Adnan Mordeniz

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Reasonable compared to other hotels in the area. And... very clean (most important for us!) and what a charming hotel. We stayed in the main part of the hotel where our room overlooks the water. Though our room was very small, we made do of what we have. Breakfast was ok (possibly I was getting tired of the same old thing everyone serves.)

Saeed and Brigitte

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

Personal is friendly. The hotel is very clean. The rooms are not very big but it's comfortable. The location is excellent and it's not expensive. I would come back.
There are a lots of restaurants near, because it's in the centre of the touristic area.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Alex_pro77
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I highly recommend this charming little hotel, located on a sidestreet near all the main Sultanahmet attractions. The staff is lovely and helpful, they made great restaurant and tour recommendations for me, and treated me like part of the family. The rooms are small but very cute and comfortable, there is also a balcony with a view of the river. The breakfast which is included is delicious, they have some of the best jams I've ever tasted! Nothing bad i can say about this place, and it's totally affordable.

Room Tip: I stayed in a room called "Hotel Room"! Very small but perfect for a solo traveler.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Vanessa M
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Exploring Istanbul will count as one of the seminal moments of my life - I felt as if I had an overdose of experiences. Nowhere is very far, but when you start exploring you just can't stop. You find this alley, this bazaar, this mosque, this church, this cafe, this bridge etc etc.

Hotel Poem was perfectly situated in the oldest part of the city - perfect for the exploring, perfect for returning and relaxing. Rooms are small but fantastically clean. Breakfast is great - different cake each day - I can recommend the spiced apple! For us November was a perfect time.

Tip for door leading to rooms - push shut with hand rather than using handle.

Adrian was more than helpful, as was Selma. Free Wi-Fi and use of computer in hotel reception. Everything you could want as a base for the wonderful experience that is Istanbul

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple