Cordial House Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$177
$119
$262
$243
Midtown Hotel(Istanbul)
$101
  • Breakfast included
WOW Airport Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$67
$57
Yasmak Sultan Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$137
$112
  • Pool
Armada Istanbul Old City Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$127
Hotel Amira Istanbul(Istanbul)
$691
HotelQuickly
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Apart from all other good things that have been said about Cordial House (perfect location, cleanliness, existence of self-catering facilities, helpful personnel) I should like to add that the hostel is a perfect place to accommodate classes on school trips. Even youngsters with little sense of orientation found it easily after the first day (and enjoyed the surroundings: cheap supermarkets, budget restaurants and nearby places to spend the evenings). Teachers need not go very far to find their pupils, they are very probably in the nearby shisha café.

hm.dederding

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank hm_dederding
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We, a group of 21, really enjoyed our 6 nights stay in Cordial House Hotel during our school trip. Front office staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Lobby decor was very modern and cozy with quite fast WIFI connection. Breakfast was good in terms of the budget hotel. Shared bathrooms were very clean. Location is perfect, few minutes walk from the main sightseeing areas in Istanbul.
Rooms were bit airless and the 24h information desk was often closed. Still, highly recommended!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sten-Erik M
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I stayed here for 10 days, went on a 10 day tour (organised by the hotel's travel service) and then came back for another week to stay.
The location is superb...you can walk to almost all the sights - I even went to Taksim Square on foot from here.
It is spotlessly clean and even when the place is full, the staff are meticulous about their jobs and very consistent.
I used the travel service which is located on the first floor. Although I usually do all my own bookings and planning I decided to use this service as I had a limited amount of time. The staff listened to what I wanted, planned accordingly and the whole thing worked magically well. I was always met at the bus station, taken to my hostel/hotel and shown where to 'hook up' with the next leg of the journey. I felt I got good value - what they promised is what I got (no 'smoke and mirrors). Very professional, efficient and friendly - highly recommended. Their local guides were knowledgeable and still enthusiastic.
Basically I did a loop around Eastern Turkey and added in a 3 day 'Blue Cruise' from Fethiye to Olympus. I have travelled a lot and I am pretty difficult to please but this was super.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Mardie1950
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Probably the best hostel you could ask for. My friends and I were extremely satisfied! The hostel is so conveniently located about a 5 min walk away from the nearest train station, cemberlitas. Fantastic location, you can walk to the blue mosque, hagia sofia, grand bazaar and other popular attractions from the hostel. You can do the famous cemberlitas Turkish bath which is also a 5 min walk away.

There are also 2 little mini marts beside it, so you can always head there to buy any travel essentials that you missed. There's also a bakery nearby, where we bought decent priced buns and bakes.

Staff were very friendly and helpful and gave us good recommendations and directions. Hostel was very clean, and the 8 bed mixed dorm was spacious. It was quite hot in summer, so we felt a little hot as there were only 2 ceiling fans. If you open the window, it might get quite noisy at night. The garbage truck comes in the wee hours of the morning, and it makes a lot of noise. So be warned that you might not be used to the heat and noise. Also, our taxi driver got lost when trying to find this place. One might be overwhelmed by all the little roads and bends, and the street names are all not prominently placed on streets and roads. I suggest you ask them to take you to cemberlitas train station, and from there, cross the road and walk down peykhane road to the hostel.

However it is at a fantastic location, and with great facilities and amenities and such lovely staff. Definitely would stay there again if I go back to Istanbul.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Hi everyone ,
Just bak from a holiday at Istanbul from 07- 14 June staying in Cordial house hotel. The Cordial house hotel is nestled just 40m from the excellent Tram station Cembarlitas and therefore the best located as far as roaming independently is concerned or an airport transfer is concerned. They offer free transfer from ATATURK and shuttle 2 the SAW. Located In Sultanahmet district within walking distance to all the important heritage sites of Istanbul it saves u a lot of Liras visiting these places easily. Other comforts for a budget traveler being the good exchange offices nearby giving good rates and a number of eateries 2 suit ur pocket. Free internet at the lobby and guest kitchen are an asset for a traveler like me with kids. I wud like a special mention of the manager and friend Mr Tugrul and his staff at the reception who went out of their way 2 help us in all sorts of situation. Excellent side trip to Capadocia and guidance provided by Mr Tugrul, at a gud price. The hotel lived up to the high standards that i thought of. It is highly recommended that one stays at this wonderful place 2 enjoy the unrestricted access to the wonderful city of Istanbul. Actually I cud go on with a lot of helpful advise and service but probably this much is sufficient 2 get an idea of the good services offered by the hotel. I wud stay at the same place whenever i come bak 2 Istanbul.
bye bye..

Room Tip: 1.The Double bed room is good as it gives an extra bed for a child.... 2. Ask for a Istanbul guide book from the INFO room on the first floor.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family