Cordial House Hotel
$145
$109
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Angel's Home Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$35
$34
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 27, 2012

This Hotel/hostel makes claims on some booking websites that rooms have amenities that simply do not exist. We booked a room through a major booking engine (one of the booking sites listed on Tripadvisor) that the room description stated had a shower, satellite tv, internet access, bathtub and a desk. It had not one of these features.
Before we knew of the lacking amenities we had arrived prior to check in and the room was not ready for us so we stored our bags and were told our room would be ready by 12:30. We went shopping until almost 4pm and when we were given our room key and opened the door the room was filthy. Wet towels on the bed, dirty bedsheets and garbage all over the room. This is also when we discovered the missing features claimed on the booking site.
I may have let the lack claimed features go had our room been ready but after travelling for 12 hours to arrive in Istanbul and now be required to wait for a room that I hadn't booked I decided to address this with the manager.
He made the claim that it wasn't their fault but the fault of the booking engine because they had placed false information on their listing. I informed him I was very aware how this booking site works and he continued to deny any responsibility and at this point I informed him that I owned a very successful guesthouse for years and I am very familiar with how that booking engine works and their policy is that it is the business owners responsibility to ensure all listed information is correct, accurate and up to date and if it is not it is their responsibility to honour the booking. We were passed off to another manager who continued to make the same claims. Only after I stated that I wanted a refund and will be contacting the booking website managers did he offer to give me the room booked.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank David S
Reviewed August 22, 2012

The best located hostel in Istanbul, Cordial House where we had a nice and fully enjoyable stay with a group of friends.

All the facilities that the hostel provides met all our needs and even beyond our expectations from a hostel.

Perfect location
Clean rooms & bathrooms
Comfortable common areas
Friendly & helpful & Informative staff
And the best value for the best standart of a hostel stay

What could be expected from a hostel more than those?

Would not hesitate to stay in Cordial House again.

Thank you for making our stay a memotable one.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Steven M
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Cordial house in Istanbul is a lovely and cheap hostel right in the centre of the old city, I really enjoyed my stay! Although I stayed in the dorm room (women only :) everything was very clean, bathroom clean, comfortable bed and the nice thing about stayin in a dorm is that you meet lots of other women on the road by themselves :)

I found that the hostel had great hospitality, the people behind the desk were soo friendly! They even loaned me the "lonely planet" book about Istanbul as I had forgotten to pack mine at home..:)
I can also recommend the breakfast in the hostel. And the service for booking nice dance shows! They can get you a discount as well. Will defenitely return to this nice hostel!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank 310Julia
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I stayed in Cordial house hostel for 4 days and I felt myself like I am home, especially stuff was the most friendly and helpful guys I have ever seen. This hostel is in Istanbul center and very close to Blue mosque, hamams, topkapı palace and Taksim square for night life. Also, it has comfortable rooms and beds ...so I definitely recommend this hostel who wants to have unforgetable holiday in unique Istanbul...

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Alp115
Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

Not a bad hostel. The location is good, quite central and close to the main sights in Sultanahmet, as well as restaurants. The staff were helpful answering our questions. The rooms were small and there is only air conditioning in the lobby so the rooms were really hot, as we visited in July. For the price it's not a bad place to sleep.

• Stayed: July 2012